Merlini's asking thread

anyone got a link for hardcaps this patch? cuz i have an archmage wiz, stacked +ArchMage +19 total(+5main,+5off,+5chest,+4 helm). with a +3 focus affix, i get a total+22 focus in the talent page, but on the stats page it says talent tree 2: 12. now im confused as fk, im totally confused.

i think, the cap for any talent would be 40

the first 20 on talent can be gained by equipping a lvl 100 gear

the next 20 can be attained through a certain affix :laughing:

@merlini: The next time you wanna ask something, put them all in the same thread, someone will drop by and give you the answer. I’ve seen you create many many threads just to ask one question and after getting the answers, you just dump your thread.
Please understand that creating too many threads cost forum resources and it confuse people.
I’ll rename this thread, next time please put all of your problems in here, ok?

[quote=“newb_player”]i think, the cap for any talent would be 40

the first 20 on talent can be gained by equipping a lvl 100 gear

the next 20 can be attained through a certain affix :laughing:[/quote]

ah thank you, i was just confused why i was able to get +19 on archmage and got focus(+3) as high to 22 despite wearing a barrier chest piece.

[quote=“zzvilzz”]@merlini: The next time you wanna ask something, put them all in the same thread, someone will drop by and give you the answer. I’ve seen you create many many threads just to ask one question and after getting the answers, you just dump your thread.
Please understand that creating too many threads cost forum resources and it confuse people.
I’ll rename this thread, next time please put all of your problems in here, ok?[/quote]

oh i apologise, thanks for that, i didnt know I was causing alot of problems.

i main a wiz, is there a possibility of changing my primary attk? i love twister, but getting a rogue primary bow or a pistol sounds fun as heck, great way to pewpewpew while i wait for my twister cooldown. is there a way to achieve it?

Sorry, but we can’t change primary skill on your MH/OH weapons :frowning:

how about that jester crystal or smthing i heard? can i use that and roll for a twister? would that work? assuming ill ever get one haha

You mean somthing like twister proc? In that case, it would be possible :wink:

using amber crystal on a pistol

Oh, I understood what you’re trying to do here. Each weapon has 2 skills, primary and special.
Pistol has Ricochet as primary skill and Scattershot as special skill. If you don’t like Scattershot, you can use Amber to change it to Twister. But it’s impossible to change Ricochet :wink:

great to know it possible, was getting tired of watching the same animation of throwing a twister, just gonna go and farm now, hoping ill get good drops.

since luck is capped at 650%, 350 from EP8, 50 heroLvl, so thats 250 to fill right? would that determine better quality drops? meaning instead of low tier crystals or mystics, ill get higer tier ones? also equipment quality?

[quote=“merlini”]great to know it possible, was getting tired of watching the same animation of throwing a twister, just gonna go and farm now, hoping ill get good drops.

since luck is capped at 650%, 350 from EP8, 50 heroLvl, so thats 250 to fill right? would that determine better quality drops? meaning instead of low tier crystals or mystics, ill get higer tier ones? also equipment quality?[/quote]
Although you could make that pistol with a Twister special on it, you still can’t use a pistol as a wizard, just so that’s clear.

Luck does not increase the quality of Crystals or Mythstones. Nothing does actually. You can only increase their droprate through Item Find affix.

wa wa wa wait! uyou mean i wont be able to use pistols even if i use jasper crystal on it? :cry: :cry: :cry:
dual wielding magic gunslinging wizard :frowning:

that would rob the uniqueness of rogue’s class… hua hua hua…

well, there’s a wizard’s wand, pair it with living force and you’ll pewpewpew in no time :laughing:

thats true, guess ill just wait for them to rework the sword

[quote=“merlini”]wa wa wa wait! uyou mean i wont be able to use pistols even if i use jasper crystal on it? :cry: :cry: :cry:
dual wielding magic gunslinging wizard :frowning:[/quote]
Jasper would turn the pistol into a Wizard weapon. A wand specifically.

does that count for legendary aswell? will their class-specific talents cross over or will it be converted to the wizard counterpart

Legendary works as well… Like legendary bow will turn into a legendary wizard gauntlet, and retains the legendary bow name… Class specific set affix still retains the same though… So you can use cosmic power on rogue or warrior :smiley:

so if i jasper an azure blade (spellsword set) it becomes a staff that has the spellsword set?

Jasper only change item’s class. It doesn’t change any affix on it.

[quote=“Rubik”]

Luck does not increase the quality of Crystals or Mythstones. Nothing does actually. You can only increase their droprate through Item Find affix.[/quote]

Okay, what does Luck do? Does “Item Drop” cause different items to be dropped or just more of everything? In other words, is there anything that will make more mythstones appear other than an increase in “item drop” frequency, which in return will drop more of everything, including more mythstones?