Item Element: Frost
Talent: Sprint
Epic Affix 1: +Increased DOT Damage
Epic Affix 2: +Damage %
Epic Affix 3: +Movement Speed
Epic Affix 4: +HP Regen
Epic Affix 5: +MP Regen
Epic Affix 6: (Random Affix)

I love running around in circles DOTing crowds of enemies with the elemental trail of my Sprinting

We have some additional affixes coming this patch you might like playing with:

• Damage
  • Percent Damage
  • Resist
  • Skill ( Meteor, Whirlwind, etc ) Percent Damage

No love for the necromancer yet? Please bear with the long post ><

These items would create a very powerful subclass, which, when scaled to L100 items, run an entire army of either:

(Tome) 15~ minions / 3 skulls
(Skull) 10~ skulls / 2 big skulls / 5 minions

The most important introduction is the Set Affix:[color=#BF0000]Overlord[/color] - which scales BOTH wizard and ‘underling’ (all skulls+minions) damage up. The reason this is necessary is because the 3 slots taken up don’t have much in the way of attack speed / crit chance + damage that a traditional wizard stacks.

The secondary function and major find will be the Helm’s [color=#BF0000]Hive Mind[/color] - which links all the active underlings together so that they explode at the same time - causing massive damage (hence the emphasis on Volatile on all items.)

This increases the underling tankiness and allows them to remain relevant in boss fights, because bosses dole out massive AoE which minions can’t dodge.

Combo’d with Blood Magic and Diffusion (now a Ring option since Volatile is covered on set pieces), a summoner can use his underlings to soak up immense amounts of damage, and the resulting Volatile explosion(s) should fuel more summons or provide enough sustain for the summoner to continue staff DPS.

I will be the first to say the numbers will need adjusting as everything scales well. But it’s my attempt at putting Summoners/Necros on the table as almost another character class - done right, it should offer plenty of tactical decisions whether to use the minions as meat shields for main weapon DPS, as damage sources themselves, as sustain methods or as buffs. It’s all about bringing underlings back into core play.

The scaling allows the summoner to rejoice every time he hits a higher minion cap. The Skull has Recall (Minions) on it, and the Tome has Reclaim (Skulls), so a second type is almost always active. (Amulet choice provides main Recall/Reclaim).

[color=#0040FF]=======TL:DR HERE=========[/color]

[color=#BF0000]Sceptre of the Dark Lord[/color]

Item Type: Staff
Item Element: Arcane (and Dark, if ever created.)
Talent on item: Explosive
Set Affix: Overlord - 1/2 Each underling active increases both the Dark Lord’s and his underling’s damage by 4%/8%.

Epix Affix 2: +% Damage
Epic Affix 3: +All Spiritmancer
Epic Affix 4: +HP
Epic Affix 5: +Volatile
Epic Affix 6: Random Affix

[color=#BF0000]Anarcryza, Binder’s Diadem[/color]

Item Type: Helm
Item Element: Poison Resist
Talent on item: Boost
Special Affix: Hive Mind - All underlings now share the same health pool. Each active underling grants 4% to Volatile critical chance.

Epix Affix 2: +Crit% Damage
Epic Affix 3: +Amplify
Epic Affix 4: +All Spiritmancer
Epic Affix 6: Random Affix

[color=#BF0000]Necronomicon[/color]

Item Type: Tome
Item Element: Fire (or Dark, if ever created.)
Talent on item: Summon
Set Affix: Overlord - 1/2 Each underling active increases both the Dark Lord’s and his underling’s damage by 4%/8%.

Epic Affix 3: +Reclaim (5-15)
Epic Affix 6: +Legion (iLvl x 0.2)

[color=#BF0000]Lich King’s Phylactery[/color]

Item Type: Tome
Item Element: Fire (or Dark, if ever created.)
Talent on item: Summon

Epic Affix 3: +Recall (5-15)
Epic Affix 5: +1/2/3 Skulldraga (1 - iLvl x 0.03)
Epic Affix 6: +(iLvl x 0.1) Extra Skulls

==============

Well, hope the idea at least intrigues you guys! :smile:

^ On looking it over, the single addition of Anarcryza could be interesting enough. It’ll need high ranks of Legion, though - the current minion setup is a little too flimsy to warrant an entire playstyle around it.

Extremely well done primaeva, love Overlord and Hive Mind! We were going to implement a spiritmancer set already for 1.4 or 1.4.1, looks like we’re doing two now! ( Other is a poison damage heavy set with a new mechanic around poison damage ) We’ve also been working on Spiritmancer some to get it closer to viable, which some of those changes are coming with 1.4.

We’re really looking forward to finishing up this humongous patch 1.4 so we can implement some of these new Legends you guys are coming up with, and get you guys even more fun mechanics to play with ( Blood Magic is cool and all, but we need to diversify what’s viable ).

Name: Nature’s Reply
Item Element: Poison
Talent: Explosive
Epic Affix 1: +Increased AoE Damage
Epic Affix 2: +Poison Damage %
Epic Affix 3: +Increased Bolt Chance
Epic Affix 4: +HP Leech
Epic Affix 5: +Seeker
Epic Affix 6: +Toxic

Complete Set: Templars of the Faun (Each set piece gives boost to Dodge and Prismatic)

Name: Blessing of the Faun
Item Type: Necklace
Talent: Prismatic
Epic Affix 1: +Luck %
Epic Affix 2: +HP
Epic Affix 3: +HP Regen
Epic Affix 4: +Block %
Epic Affix 5: +Spell Resist

Name: Grace of the Faun
Item Element: Shock
Talent: Prayer
Epic Affix 2: +MP
Epic Affix 3: +MP Regen
Epic Affix 4: -MP Cost

Name: Hide of the Faun
Item Type: Cloak
Talent: Zealous
Epic Affix 4: +MP Regen
Epic Affix 5: +Physical Resist

Name: Spirit of the Faun
Item Type: Ring
Item Element: Fire
Talent: Sharpened
Epic Affix 2: +MP Leech
Epic Affix 3: +HP Leech
Epic Affix 4: +Extra Attack Chance (or +Attack Speed)
Epic Affix 5: +Physical Resistance

Purposefully left out Weapon and Offhand in order to give more play-style flexibility to the set. I think any of the items could work well along, but better together. Alternatively, instead of Physical or Spell Resist, each item piece could be resistance to their given element in the Affix #5 slot.

[quote=“Viejo”]Complete Set: Templars of the Faun (Each set piece gives boost to Dodge and Prismatic)

Name: Blessing of the Faun
Talent: Prismatic
Epic Affix 4: +Block %

Name: Grace of the Faun
Talent: Prayer
Epic Affix 2: +MP
Epic Affix 3: +MP Regen

Name: Hide of the Faun
Item Type: Cloak
Talent: Zealous
Epic Affix 5: +Physical Resist

Name: Spirit of the Faun
Item Element: Fire
Talent: Sharpened
Epic Affix 2: +MP Leech
Epic Affix 3: +HP Leech
Epic Affix 4: +Extra Attack Chance (or +Attack Speed)

Purposefully left out Weapon and Offhand in order to give more play-style flexibility to the set. I think any of the items could work well along, but better together. Alternatively, instead of Physical or Spell Resist, each item piece could be resistance to their given element in the Affix #5 slot.[/quote]I would like to see this in-game. Preferably a copy for both classes.

Sent from my LGL35G using Tapatalk 2

Dear Steig & Team,

I’ve done some testing with a new character, built around summoning, and tested out the playstyle. I’ve realised the proposed Hive Mind would be counter-intuitive to Volatile, as there will only be one single explosion when all the minions die, and then your character’s in trouble. It would still be incredibly useful for a tank summoner, but it detracts from using Volatile offensively.

Rather than axe either playstyle, I’ve thought of new helm to allow both playstyles to have a niche, and refined the other. [color=#BF0000]Morticryza[/color] encourages low minion HP builds and rolling Recalls, [color=#BF0000]Anarcryza[/color] encourages damage soaking and sustained minion and Dark Lord DPS.

These items, standalone, add enough depth to minion summoners. The Staff and Offhand are more for straight damage-boosting.

[color=#BF0000]Morticryza, Matyr’s Veil [/color]
Item Element: Fire Resist
Special Affix: Heart of the Swarm - Each underling death in the past 10 seconds increases Volatile damage by 5%. Each active underling grants 4% to Volatile critical chance.

Epic Affix 3: +Magnify
Epic Affix 6: +Recall

Special Affix: Hive Mind - All underlings now share the same health pool. Each active underling grants +2% attack/movement speed and 20 armor to both underlings and the Dark Lord.

Epix Affix 2: +(iLvl x 0.2) Hearty
Epic Affix 5: +Prowess
Epic Affix 6: +Diffusion

[quote=“TehLeetHaxxx”]I would like to see this in-game. Preferably a copy for both classes.

Sent from my LGL35G using Tapatalk 2[/quote]

Same here :smile: The set’s theme is unique and useful, which is exactly what we’re looking for going forward with Legends.

[quote=“primaeva”]Dear Steig & Team,

I’ve done some testing with a new character, built around summoning, and tested out the playstyle. I’ve realised the proposed Hive Mind would be counter-intuitive to Volatile, as there will only be one single explosion when all the minions die, and then your character’s in trouble. It would still be incredibly useful for a tank summoner, but it detracts from using Volatile offensively.

Rather than axe either playstyle, I’ve thought of new helm to allow both playstyles to have a niche, and refined the other. [color=#BF0000]Morticryza[/color] encourages low minion HP builds and rolling Recalls, [color=#BF0000]Anarcryza[/color] encourages damage soaking and sustained minion and Dark Lord DPS.

These items, standalone, add enough depth to minion summoners. The Staff and Offhand are more for straight damage-boosting.

[color=#BF0000]Morticryza, Matyr’s Veil [/color]
Item Element: Fire Resist
Special Affix: Heart of the Swarm - Each underling death in the past 10 seconds increases Volatile damage by 5%. Each active underling grants 4% to Volatile critical chance.

Epic Affix 3: +Magnify
Epic Affix 6: +Recall

Special Affix: Hive Mind - All underlings now share the same health pool. Each active underling grants +2% attack/movement speed and 20 armor to both underlings and the Dark Lord.

Epix Affix 2: +(iLvl x 0.2) Hearty
Epic Affix 5: +Prowess
Epic Affix 6: +Diffusion[/quote]

I love where you’re going with these.

We’ve been doing some in-depth testing with Spiritmancer at Enemy Power 8 - Floor 200 and have found that there’s only really one playstyle that works at the moment, slow and tanky. The build uses all Blood Magic gear, except for the tome. It plays very slowly, but at least the Wizard can survive a few hits that are regen-ed back really quickly. The minion’s themselves do okay damage.

On Heart of the Swarm:
What we’re looking for is a way to play Spiritmancer that’s higher damage output, with a lot of summoning action, but also isn’t suicidal for the Wizard. I think you nailed the first two parts with Heart of the Swarm. It will be up to the player to make sure he can survive with his other gear choices, which is fine. Perhaps we could also do something like: Chance to cast sacrifice for free ( Heals Wizard ) on exploding minions or just exploding minions regens X amount of the Wizard’s health.

On Hive Mind:
The shared minion health pool idea is great, but we’re seeing that Minion survive-ability isn’t as much of an issue later in the game. Here’s an idea we’re playing with that hasn’t been balanced yet: A life bond between the Wizard and Minions.

We’d have to cut the minion health pool down to something like 5-25%, but hopefully this would be a fun way to play that’s an alternative to Blood Magic. Keep in mind as well, that Wizard healing would now affect this shared health pool. We’d also have to play with scaling since there’s a possibility that the Wizard could have anywhere from 3-15 minions, but I’d love to explore the idea more.

Hopefully that insight helps, and we’re definitely looking forward to see what else you guys come up with!

Fantastic! Thanks for the reply, and it’s great to know you guys go that in-depth and are experimenting with stuff :smiley:

I bought more stuff today xD I rarely do IAP, but it’s totally different having a game in development.

===========

On damage, I think there was a game where individual hits from pets shredded armor / resist PER HIT - so once your minions stacked on a target, damage would gradually increase from both abilities and autoattacks.

Maybe something like Prismatic minions + Amplify or the warrior Wrath effect could be implemented?

That health pool sounds fun, since we can heal the minions now. What happens if an AoE hits all 21 of us though? Is the damage taken multiplied by 21? X_X

Anyway, the Spiritmancer seems to be limited in terms of mobility. I typically ran Horn on my warrior and Orb’ed my wizard, but as a Spiritmancer I have to keep the book/tome out.

Anyway, I think my previous items had implications too wide-reaching as a set of 3, maybe a simpler, fun one?

[color=#BF0000]Maelstrom Charger
[/color]
Item Type: Lance
Talent on item: Lancing

Epic Affix 1: %Damage
Epic Affix 2: +Damage
Epic Affix 3: Torrent
Epic Affix 4: Immolation
Epic Affix 5: Freezing
Epic Affix 6: Movement Speed: +25%

Basically, encouraging lance builds. It lacks serious damage stats, but the sheer movespeed + charge + horn should make up in fun what it doesn’t have in firepower.

That’s… a fantastic idea.

You’d have to reduce damage taken by Minions by the same % that you drop their health. So if the Wizard is 1000 hp, each minion is 1000hp X 8 minions * 0.25 health reduce = 3000 Total HP. Each Minion takes 500 Damage x 8 minions, reduced by 0.25 = 1000 DMG Hit. Also, a new feature for 1.4, minions share Wizard armor and resistance, so you can further reduce incoming damage this way.

Agreed, this is definitely a concern of ours in general. We’d like to get to a point where all off-hands are viable and used, and we’re not quite there yet.

Another set idea. This one goes on a vampiric theme. No HP Regen anywhere. You need to attack to last.

Deep Magic Set bonus gives boosts to Brutality and Bloodbath with each piece.

Wizard Weapon:

Name: Creeping Thirst
Item Type: Gauntlet
Item Element: None
Talent: Blasting
Epic Affix 1: Deep Magic Set bonus
Epic Affix 2: +HP Leech
Epic Affix 3: +MP Leech
Epic Affix 4: +Increased Bolt Chance
Epic Affix 5: +Seeker
Epic Affix 6: +Damage %

Warrior Weapon:
Name: Gnawing Hunger
Item Type: Hammer
Talent: Smashing
Epic Affix 4: +Increased Attack Speed
Epic Affix 5: +Increased AoE radius
Epic Affix 6: +Damage %

Name: Mental Anguish
Item Type: Helm / Crown
Talent: Frenzy
Epic Affix 5: +MP

Name: Unsatiable Craving
Item Type: Armor / Robe
Talent: Fustigate
Epic Affix 5: -MP Cost

Name: Starvation
Talent: Brutality
Epic Affix 5: +Arcane Resist

I’m digging the theme sets a lot, if they had their own unique artwork to reflect the name that would be super awesome.

Set: Order of the Terrashaper
Set Bonus: Using the frost-slow mechanic, with a poison-based DOT, this set slows enemies by 50% for 1.5 seconds (times the number of worn set pieces), with DOT poison damage during this time, after each hit. DoT damage total is 30% times number of worn set pieces.

For example, if I have two set pieces worn, I smash my hammer on the ground and the affected creatures each are slowed by 50% for 3 seconds, and receive 20% of the hammer’s damage, once each second for three seconds (total of 60%). In reality, this is like a minor version of fire’s DOT. Fire would do 80% damage in 2 seconds – 40% per second, so this is half of that, at 20% per second. Higher tiers just increase the duration of this 20% dmg per second.

Name: Oaken Branches
Talent: Hardened
Epic Affix 1: +HP Regen
Epic Affix 2: +Increased HP %
Epic Affix 3: +Block
Epic Affix 6: Set Bonus

Name: Earthen Plate / Earthen Grace
Item Type: Armor / Cloak
Talent: Hardened
Epic Affix 1: + HP Regen
Epic Affix 2: + Increased Armor %
Epic Affix 3: + HP Leech
Epic Affix 4: + MP Leech

Name: Stone Helm / Rocky Corona
Item Type: Helm / Crown
Talent: Fustigate
Epic Affix 2: + MP Regen
Epic Affix 3: + Increased DoT damage

Name: Ring of The Mountain
Talent: Bloodbath
Epic Affix 2: + MP Regen
Epic Affix 3: + Armor
Epic Affix 4: + Thorns

Love it!

Would be awesome to explore some more dual element effects like poison/ice, fire/ice, shock/fire, etc.

Also, here’s some new affixes we’re testing that you can play with:
[Feature] 3 New Epic affixes: Increased % Armor, Increased % Total HP, and % Reduced Cooldown for all Spells

Legend Name: Vacuus Scipio (Void Staff in Latin)
Talent (Void - causes enemies to be pulled towards the character while taking freezing damage. Higher damage and AOE at higher levels of skill)
Blood Magic
Epic Affix 2: HP Leech
Epic Affix 3: Mana Leech
Epic Affix 4: Item Quantity
Epic Affix 5: All Spiritmancer
Epic Affix 6: Luck

Meh. Hope its chosen at some point. Again keep up the great work SB!

Name: Frost Skin
Item Type: Armor / Robe
Talent: Thick Skin (% Reduction in Thorn Damage received)
Epic Affix 1: +HP Regen
Epic Affix 2: +Increased HP %
Epic Affix 3: +Iceberg
Epic Affix 6: + Block