New Legends - Forum Design Contest

[quote=“GaeaStormchild”] Vacuus Scipio (Void Staff in Latin)
[/quote]

Dat name!

Good stuff :smile:

My take on a truly op item-hunting set…
The warrior build:

Set affix description: Golden Veins: +[(Set pieces equipped)*10 + (bleed chance)/5]% Luck and +[(Set pieces equipped)*10 + (bleed damage)/20]% Item Drops

Example:
[]1 set item equipped
[
]Bleed chance 50
[*]Bleed damage 50

[color=#de0000]Golden Veins(1/4)[/color]
[color=#d0cf00]+20% Luck and +7.5% Item Drops[/color]

[]2 set item equipped
[
]Bleed chance 25
[*]Bleed damage 25

[color=#de0000]Golden Veins(2/4)[/color]
[color=#d0cf00]+25% Luck and +11.25% Item Drops[/color]

Maxed
[]4 set item equipped
[
]Bleed chance 100
[*]Bleed damage 100

[color=#de0000][b]Golden Veins/b[/color]
[color=#d0cf00]+60% Luck and +60% Item Drops[/color]

[color=#de0000]Legend Name(Up to devs)[/color]
[color=#ffff00]Item Type(Up to devs: Preferably axe)[/color]
Item Element: Random
[color=#feae00]Attack Chance
Luck
Item Drops
Bleed Chance
Bleed Damage
[/color]

[color=#ffff00]Ring[/color]
Talent on item: Random
[color=#feae00]Luck
Bleed Chance
Bleed Damage[/color]

[color=#d0cf00]Random Affix
Random Affix[/color]

[color=#ffff00]Amulet[/color]
Talent on item: Bloodbath
[color=#feae00]Luck
Bleed Chance
Bleed Damage
[/color]
[color=#d0cc00]Random Affix
Random Affix[/color]

[color=#ffff00]Horn[/color]
[color=#feae00]Luck
Item Drops
Bleed Chance
Bleed Damage
Random Affix[/color]
(yes, I do mean Random Epic Affix)

Assuming 100% Bleed Chance and 100% Bleed Damage

[color=#00cc00]Maxed Item Drops with this build: +160%
Maxed Luck with this Build(no luck on any other items; excludes challenges): +260%[/color]

Mage build coming soon. I don’t play mage much so I’ll have to find a mage equivalent for Bleed Chance and Bleed Damage.

Sent from my LGL35G using Tapatalk 2

I would love an item hunting set. :smiley:

Lots of items that encourage Here’s a one-piece game-changer for the defensive warrior. Would work nicely with Vjejo’s Terrashaper.

[color=#FF0000]Paragon’s Vengeance[/color]
Item Type: Shield
Item Element: Shock
Talent: Hardened

Special Affix 1: Retribution: Adds half of your total health to Armor. Each strike against you [size=50][color=#FF4000]reflects[/color][/size] deals (150% x Armor) (element) damage and increases your armor by 1% for 10 seconds.
Epic Affix 2: +% Max HP
Epic Affix 3: +% Armor
Epic Affix 4: +Armor
Epic Affix 5: +Crush
Epic Affix 6: +Block

In a long fight, the warrior takes less damage over time but reflects more.

A fully defensive warrior using this shield and double Harden would have about 60,000 total armor all in, which is a fair amount of reflect damage but limited by how many/fast monsters are attacking him. My only concern is the scaling of damage reduction - is 90k armor a little too failsafe? I’ve never reached those numbers, thus I can’t comment.

With half of total health on armour, I would have nearly 40k armour… half sounds far too op, but I like the idea(maybe 2.5%) also reflecting 150% damage seems entirely too high, not to mention you want to add armour to that as well… As of the way you push it, I would be able to stand still in a group of floor 200, mp8 Ignis, and never be hit. Without using any skills I would deal about 50k+enemy damage*150%+elemental damage per time I got hit. Could use some work, but it’s a very decent idea.

Oops, wrong choice of words. “Reflect” isn’t the intended effect, just Thorns. If you have regular reflect on, so much the better.

Glad you like it. The whole point of the item is to enable shield/armor/HP stacking warriors as a viable build. Tinker with the numbers to bring it to about 50%-60% of a glass cannon build, and we have an interesting route.

Also, I wanted to limit the potential of the build by spreading the special bonus across another item-- probably the weapon, so you can’t have too powerful mainhand DPS. Just didn’t have the time to think it out just now.

“Vengeance / Rebuke” sounds like a good pair name.

And finally, from what I gathered with my little experimentation with armor, 60k wouldn’t be as substantial as we imagine. The monsters at 200EP8 seem to have flat penetration as well as scaling penetration - and all the DPS you sacrifice to run full HP + Armor items should balance out the tankiness. Damage output, including Retribution damage would be slow and steady - 50% of a glass cannon (or 75% of a balanced character) seems about right.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Aquanautic Set: Each piece in the set raises fire resist by 20% (+/- 1-5) and Dodge %, while lowering block % by half of the dodge bonus.

Name: Circulagua
Item Type: Crystal Globe
Item Element: Frost
Talent: Teleport
Epic Affix 1: +MP Regen
Epic Affix 2: +Arcane Resistance
Epic Affix 3: +Damage %
Epic Affix 4: +AoE Radius
Epic Affix 5: +HP Regen
Epic Affix 6: Aquanautic Set Bonus

Name: Hydrus Trident
Item Type: (mage’s) Sword
Talent: Piercing
Epic Affix 1: +Damage %
Epic Affix 2: +Frost Damage %
Epic Affix 3: +MP Leech
Epic Affix 4: +HP Leech
Epic Affix 5: +Attack Speed / Bolt Chance

Name: Prism of the Deep
Item Type: Necklace
Talent: Prismatic
Epic Affix 2: +HP Regen
Epic Affix 3: +Dodge %
Epic Affix 4: +Luck %
Epic Affix 5: +Armor %

Name: Coral Vestiments
Item Type: Robe
Talent: Magnify
Epic Affix 2: +HP Regen
Epic Affix 3: +HP %
Epic Affix 4: +Armor
Epic Affix 5: +Physical Resistance

Legend Name: Sadist’s Cleaver ( can it be Bala’s Cleaver??? :smiley: so that i could boast it to my friends so that they too will be excited to play this game.)
Item Type: Axe - bleed
Item Element: Fire

Epic Affix 1 : FRENZY
Epic Affix 2 : CRIT CHANCE
Epic Affix 3 : CRIT DAMAGE
Epic Affix 4 : %DAMAGE
Epic Affix 5 : HEALTH
Epic Affix 6 :Random Affix

Legend Name: Sadist’s Band
Item Type: Ring - wrath

Epic Affix 1 : + BERSERKER
Epic Affix 2 : %DAMAGE
Epic Affix 3 : CRIT CHANCE
Epic Affix 4 : %DAMAGE
Epic Affix 5 : HP LEECH
Epic Affix 6 :Random Affix

i placed random affix on the last affix slot so that it would be “less OP” and so that players would be encouraged in hunting for the item which has a better 6th affix slot option. im not quite sure about the ring, but the axe would be awesome if accepted :smiley: more power devs!

[size=150]
Quick question concerning affixes:
Can an epic item have 6 epic effixes?
Can they have the same affix in epic and normal?
[/size]

I have had one item that has the same affix in epic and normal. I’ve only seen it once, so it’s pretty rare, but I did see it.

I myself have had a couple hundred items with normal affix alongside its epic counterpart. Of course I’ve been playing since 1.0.0…
Also yes, you can have all the affixes as epics on any given item.
I have seen 6 epic affixes several times(prior to becoming a tester) over the course of my gameplay.

Sorry for the double post but I wanted to release this image… the horn on the right has dodge% twice on the item. Just to permanently verify this is indeed possible.

Thanks to Todd Daniel for the screenshot.

I think I read somewhere on these forums that epic + regular is definitely possible, but look at THIS hat!!! And I found a similar one shortly after, double fire as well.

… as well as the insane hat on the left (full epic pickup.)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Nice one guys. But I think, for example, crit dmg. as an epic and normal affix isn’t possible. Or I haven’t seen it so far. :stuck_out_tongue:

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9300 mit Tapatalk

I got a damage% damage% axe after the pic was taken of the horn… but I can’t screenshot on this device.

All of the following items are part of one set designed for a summoner. The summons may need to be improved to make these work.

Book of the Dead
Tome
Ice or poisen

• Legion
  • Weapon Damage
  • Hp Max
  • Mp Max
  • Luck or randon minion boost skill
  • Random minion boost skill

Necromancers Robes
Robe
poisen or Ice
talent- Legion

• Hearty
  • Prowess
  • Recall
  • Hp max
  • Mp regen
  • Random stat

Necromancers Crown
poisen/ Ice
Talent- Legion or hearty

• Mp max
  • Hp regen or Mp regen
    +Prowess
    +Volatile
    +Boost
    +Random stat

Ring of the Dead
Ice
talent- Hearty

• Recall
  • Mp regen
  • Max mp
    +Prowess
  • Luck
  • Random minion boost stat

Legend name: Lightning Guard

Talent on item: Reflect
Item type: Amulet
Armor
Increase % total armor
Increase % total hp
Bloodbath
Attack speed
Hp

Here’s another of my weapon sets, based off the concept of a tournament jouster charging into battle. The character’s damage scales with movespeed, which encourages him to stack talents and items that grant MS and to blow his horn before each clash (as the 50% movement speed is actually a substantial damage buff).

I imagine tons of fun as the hero builds up a character that moves faster and faster as he gears up, and truly embraces plowing into each pack of mobs as though he was on horseback. It also fits in completely well with the existing horn/lance talents, and finally, brings another unique Warrior build to the table.

Two pieces for a total of 100% Movespeed as a damage multiplier. (before sounding the Horn.)

========= TL:DR here ===========

[color=#BF0000]Unstoppable Force
[/color]
Item Type: Lance
Item Element: Arcane
Ability: Charge / Knight’s Charge

Set Affix: Momentum - All damage dealt increased by ([0.5*Set Pieces] * Movement Speed %).
Epix Affix 2: +% Movement Speed
Epic Affix 3: +Zealous (MS% on >75% HP)
Epic Affix 4: +Frenzy (AS/MS% / bleeding enemy)
Epic Affix 5: +% Damage
Random Affix 6

[color=#BF0000]Jouster’s Horn[/color]
Item Type: Horn
Ability: Sprint / Torrent

Set Affix: Momentum - All damage dealt increased by ([0.5*Set Pieces] * Movement Speed %).
Epix Affix 2: +% Movement Speed
Epic Affix 3: +Zealous (MS% on >75% HP)
Epic Affix 4: +Frenzy (AS/MS% / bleeding enemy)
Epic Affix 5: +All Champion
Epic Affix 6: +All Berserker

====================

EDIT: Sankara Band and Ignis’ Bane work very well with this set (both grant movement speed and +relevant talents.)

Here’s another one! I was fiddling around with the wizard this time, and wanted to create a combo which required the wizard to rotate spells. First have a look at Aftermath, the set affix.

Set Affix: Aftermath - Meteor has a [50%*Set Pieces] chance to pull enemies. Shatter has a [50% * Set Pieces] chance to knockback & stun for 2 seconds. Shatter and Meteor reset each other’s cooldown.

1. Wearing this set, the wizard will first drop a Meteor to clump all enemies as they are pulled in to the centre. Shatter is thus now off cooldown.
  2. The wizard jumps into the centre of a mobs with Shatter, stunning and knocking them back slightly. Meteor is thus now off cooldown.
  3. The wizard drops a Meteor which, due to smart targeting, drops right in the middle of all the clumped mobs, pulling them in again. Shatter is off CD again.
  4. Now in danger, the wizard Teleports out, dealing damage to all the clumped mobs.
  5. The wizard can now Shatter back in…
  6. Drop a Meteor…
  7. Teleport out…

You get the idea. If you can picture the thumb of the player, it’s going Right button Middle Button Left Button, Right Middle Left on his controls, and going back and forth with the D-pad.

This set is meant to be extremely AoE heavy and focused on clearing floors with minimal effort (teleport + pull mechanic). It does fall off against bosses, but I guess we could make other sets for boss-killing :smile:

(P.S. I thought of making Teleport reset Meteor/Shatter was well, but I realised people would then just Teleport around and drop meteors without bothering to Shatter.)

========= TL:DR here ===========

[color=#BF0000]Skyfall
[/color]
Item Type: Staff
Ability: Comet / Meteor

Set Affix: Aftermath - Meteor has a [25%*Set Pieces] chance to pull enemies. Shatter has a [25% * Set Pieces] chance to knockback & stun for 2 seconds. Shatter and Meteor reset each other’s cooldown.
Epix Affix 2: +%[10-30%] AOE Range
Epic Affix 3: +Magnify (+AoE Range)
Epic Affix 4: +All Elementalist
Epic Affix 6: +Damage

[color=#BF0000]Event Horizon[/color]
Item Type: Orb
Item Element: Ice
Ability: Teleport / Shatter

Set Affix: Aftermath - Meteor has a [25%*Set Pieces] chance to pull enemies. Shatter has a [25% * Set Pieces] chance to knockback & stun for 2 seconds. Shatter and Meteor reset each other’s cooldown.
Epix Affix 2: +% AOE Range
Epic Affix 3: +%Frostbiting
Epic Affix 4: +Magnify
Epic Affix 6: +Damage (seems necessary, offhand damage is too low)

[color=#BF0000]Frostfire Regalia[/color]
Item Type: Robes
Item Element: Ice
Talent: Focus

Epix Affix 2: +All Archmage
Epic Affix 3: +HP
Epic Affix 4: +MP
Epic Affix 5: +%Meteor
(Random Affix 6)

[color=#BF0000]Catastrophe Signet[/color]
Item Type: Ring
Talent: Magnify

Epix Affix 2: +% AOE Range
Epic Affix 3: +Crit Chance
Epic Affix 4: +Crit Damage
Epic Affix 5: +% Fire Damage
(Random Affix 6)

====================

Synergy: Magus Stone with Magnify is particularly useful to this build, and prior to finding the other half, Casslastrophy / Emberglow are nice replacements.

One question though – When I tested this, even with +70% AoE range my stat page was showing 17%. Is the % AoE increase intended to mean % of the bonus 10% or is it supposed to stack additively? I envisioned a full AoE build to be able to fill screens, but if it’s not additive to the 10%, then the build isn’t really as viable.

1 Like

Not really sure how I feel about the cool down resets. Kind of makes having cool downs pointless.(or for people who don’t use part or all of the set, a complete disadvantage.) I like the thought, but I feel if you’re going to take cool downs, the staff should reset ALL off-hand secondary skills, and the orb ALL main-hand secondary skills.

1 Like

Like all staffs and all orbs? O_O Even regular ones?

Anyway, that’s why they’re Legends - they enable completely different playstyles. Actually, right now, you can achieve 90% cooldown reduction with normal items (15% x 6) – which meant spamming the sword AoE is already viable.

Oh, the cooldown reset is somewhat necessary in this case, because you wouldn’t ordinarily use Shatter / Meteor as main forms of damage. Imagine putting a cooldown on Warrior Whirlwind – well that’s what happened to Meteor, and these legends are meant to bring it back in some sort of style ._.

1 Like