New Legends - Forum Design Contest

Could consider a mechanic like “Casting primary has an X chance of finishing the cooldown on Special” as an affix/mod to promote interweaving the other two skills in there. Either way, love the themes/mechanics of both the sets! As long as you realize… if there’s an unstoppable force… we’re going have to create an immovable object.

1 Like

I like your method of thought Chris.

Ah yes, maybe for those Co-Op legends we discussed xD Warrior combo: Unstoppable Force → Immovable Object = Insane explosion.

Oh, with regard to CDR, another method could be to make it more “diffused” by adding more items to the set - and each item equipped reduces more of the CD - 1 piece: 33% of remaning CD, 66%, 100% etc. (Or 25% per - tweak the numbers. A flat % chance sort of detracts from the smooth combo I had in mind - and I wanted to reward the extra effott with sustained damage, not add a layer of technicality where you have to constantly watch cooldown procs, if you know what I mean.)

1 Like

P.S: Well, I spent about half an hour typing a )#(#* post but the draft system failed so hard. It’s all gone. I’ll be brief and just plonk the items down without explaining the build or concept. That’s the last time I use the forums to draft an item. grumpy

[quote]
[size=150][color=#0040BF]The Mana Maelstrom
[/color]
[/size]The blue bracer shimmers faintly as you pick it up, then winks out of view altogether. Suddenly your mind is assailed by pure arcane power, and you feel your awareness increase a tenfold, a hundredfold, boundlessly. Your knees buckle in surrender. Your eyes are blinded by the brilliance of all that you can see now, and you shut them tight, desperate to regain a semblance of control over your senses-

When you open them again, they are as no mortal’s were ever meant to be: alight with the glow of the universe itself. You feel a sudden and devastating hunger, so sharp you almost cry out. A hunger for… for what?

Mana, a voice whispers. Mana.

Around your forearm the bracer has fastened itself, through no action of your own. It speaks to you through your bones and flesh and being…

Find the others.[/quote]

Two main points:

1. It’s about balancing incoming damage, leech and mitigation, and it’ll rewarded with damage potential.
  2. Before anyone comments - it’s not OP. Four items means losing out on slots for ASPD, Crit and Crit Damage. If anything, its scaling needs improvement. In fact, this is a general rule for Legends - it loses the flexibility of DPS affixes, but gains a lot of power in a niche area.

Set Affix: Mana Confluence - Mana and mana regeneration increased by [25% * Set Pieces]. While under Time Warp, Shield damage, armor and weapon damage increased by [2.5% * Set Pieces] of max mana.

This is option 1 - flat damage increase. Less exciting but simple to implement and envision.

Option 2 goes like this - Damage increased by (total damage absorbed by last mana shield / 15) (mana shields last ~15 seconds - this gives you the DPS of incoming hits totalled.)

Option 2 was my original concept of absorbing and releasing all damage at one shot. It’s much more exciting because the player will be gathering mobs, taking hits, before unleashing hell on them.

Since I don’t have access to the formulas, I won’t be the one doing the tweaking of the numbers. This is just the blueprint.

Max mana will likely end up ~100k (Full Mana stats ~20000 MP, 6 x 5000 MP = 30000 MP, total 50k~, multiply by 2)

=========================================

[color=#BF0000]Astral Vengeance
[/color]
Item Type: Bracer
Item Element: Arcane
Ability: Mana Shield / Time Warp

Set Affix: Mana Confluence - Mana and mana regeneration increased by [25% * Set Pieces]. While under Time Warp, Shield damage, armor and weapon damage increased by [2.5% * Set Pieces] of max mana.
Epix Affix 2: +Mana
Epic Affix 3: +MP Leech
Epic Affix 4: +All Archmage
Epic Affix 5: +% Damage
Epic Affix 6: +Damage

[color=#BF0000]Astral Vindication
[/color]
Item Type: Amulet
Talent: Empower

Epic Affix 2: +Mana
Epic Affix 4: +Barrier
Epic Affix 5: +Crit Chance
(Random Affix 6)

[color=#BF0000]Astral Sheath
[/color]
Item Type: Robe
Talent: Barrier

Epic Affix 4: +All Archmage
Epic Affix 5: +Backfire
(Random Affix 6)

[color=#BF0000]Astral Communion
[/color]
Item Type: Helm
Talent: Backfire

Epic Affix 3: +All Archmage
Epic Affix 4: Glasscannon
Epic Affix 5: +Crit Chance
(Random Affix 6)

That’s all, folks! Balancing left to devs.

Nice ideas, mage can need that. :smiley:

Astral Vengeance = Runescape reference i guess? :wink:

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9300 mit Tapatalk

[quote=“Floox”]Nice ideas, mage can need that. :smiley:

Astral Vengeance = Runescape reference i guess? :wink:

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9300 mit Tapatalk[/quote]

Ah, nope! Just random adjective + random noun. xD Wanted to name it something far more sinister, but it’s hard to do for a four-piece set. If they ever get accepted we can name them properly.

Updated with… backstory? lol.

Name’s fine, for sure. I was just saying, haha. Good luck. :smile:

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9300 mit Tapatalk

Mana Confluence Set for patch 1.4.1 - Confirmed :smile:

Will list the others chosen from this thread soon, and there’s a good amount to list! Been loving the creativity of a lot of these submissions.

Edit: SUBMISSIONS PAST THIS POINT ARE IN CONSIDERATION FOR PATCH 1.5

1 Like

Hiya there, New player here

Item name : Rabbits foot
Item slot : Necklace
Talent : Lady Luck ( gives intense luck )
Affix : Hp increase
Affix : AR increase
Affix : LUCK
Affix : bulwark
Affix : Random

1 Like

Legend Name: Indra’s Boon

Item Type: Chest
Item Element : Thunder
Talent on Item: Phalanx 19

Epic Affix:+2 Phalanx
Epic Affix :+3 Bulwark
Epic Affix :+25%-30% Block
Epic Affix : +3% Hp Leech
Epic Affix : +Frenzy 2
Epic Affix : % Reflect or Thorns

There is too much BM user for warriors in DQ . Block needs some love too

1 Like

Pandora’s (insert equipment type here) (if this name isn’t liked, maybe you could name it chaos, denoting chaotic functions; randomness)
The idea is to have all affixes randomized and all affixes made to be epic. This would also be applicable to the said weapon/offhand weapon spells/abilities such as a wand having the main attack of blast, Pierce, etc. Or twister/meteor, and a similar set up for off-hand weapons. The only non random attributes would be the weapon multiplier and other base stats.

Another proposal would be a legendary weapon that could be customized but has 1 affix that could not be changed:

weapon master’s set:
0/6 Weapon Master (+16.6667% weapon damage)
Random affixes 2 through 6, which can be modified.

These ideas of course can be modified in any way you see fit. I just wanted to open the door to the idea. I only looked at a few pages of posts, so if they have already been suggested, then sorry for the double talk here. I would have looked at all posts had I not looked at this from my mobile phone.

1 Like

BUT… If we don’t have enough item slots, we won’t be able to carry all those items!! (hint hint ;D)

Sent from my C1505 using Tapatalk

1 Like

weapon name : Large Icicle
Element: ice
Lance: charge
Af 1: % chance to freeze
Af 2: fire resistance
Af 3: +hp
Af 4: hp leech
Af 5: hp regeneration
Af 6: +
% damage
And 2 others
Sword: icicle. flurry same Af’s
Horn: small icicle. Sprint same Af’s

1 Like

Wand of Deadly Tactics
Any element
All Elementalist Talents
% element damage

• element damage
    % damage
  • damage
    % crit chance
    % crit damage

Then create counterparts for the other 5 parts.
When one player has the complete set of 6, it will have a ‘set effect’:

Deadly Tactics Set (6):
Increase Base Damage by __%
Amplify Elemental Damage by __%
Ignores Enemy Defenses by __%
Chance for an instant kill by __%

If you want a downside, then it has to be: a very high manacost. Spam pots is the only possible way to attack continuously. :smiley:

Also, I have another set:

Sword of the Hardened Soul
Any Element

• Armor
    % Armor
  • HP Regen
    % HP Regen
  • HP
  • Reflect Damage

Then create counterparts for the other 5 parts.
When one player has the complete set of 6, it will have a ‘set effect’:

Hardened Soul Set (6):
Increase All Defenses and Resistance by %
Increase HP by %
Convert Enemy % Damage Dealt to HP
Ability to Resurrect (the same as the SS Skeleton King of DoTA) if Mana is full

Downside: well, I bet this guy will have low dps.
Basically, the 2 sets go against each other. :smiley:

New legendary talent:
Rage (4 pieces): +1% of total armor to Critical Rate, +5% of total armor to Critical Damage.

Aegis Armor II
Item type: chest
Item element: Arcane
Talent on item: Hardened
Rage

• All talents
  • % Attack speed
  • % Total HP
  • % Total armor
  • % Arcane damage

Thanatos
Item type: helm
Talent on item: Might
Rage

• % Attack speed
  • % Total HP
  • % Total armor
  • % Move speed
  • % Arcane damage

Oblivion
Item type: ring
Talent on item: Bloodbath
Rage
Can’t be frozen
Ignore regist

• Armor
  • % Arcane damage
  • % Attack speed

Rozenzi
Item type: shield
Rage

• % Attack speed
  • HP
  • Arcane damage
  • HP leech
  • MP leech

Mercury Petasos (name is a reference at the winged hat of Mercury, god of thiefs, and also … reference of the dodge brought by insight)

Class : Wizard
Item type: helm
Talent on item: Insight

Spell sword

• % Dodge
  • % Total HP
  • % Total MP
  • % Move speed
  • % Arcane damage

(The main aim of this item is to build a whole stuffed based on a triple combo : spell sword / blood magic / insight)

Cataclysm (name is a reference at the affixes which are “disasters” like storm etc…!)

Class : Wizard + Warrior
Item type: Ring
Talent on item: Magnify / Icy Touch

• twister Proc
  • storm Proc
  • meteor Proc
  • Torrent Proc
  • Earthshatter Proc
  • Elemental Damage %

(Would be fun and original isn’t it? :smile: )

Demon Staff
Class:Wizard
Item type:Staff
Item element:Arcane
Talent on item:all talents

+%Dodge
+%Health
+%Resist all elements
+%Gold find
+%Hero points

Name: Bloodthirster
Type: Sword