New players ask your question and you will get replies šŸ˜Ž

The consensus is to:

Salvage red legends for dusts

Convert blue and green legends for ultra-rare crystals

1 Like

Thanks, for blue and green it cost 500k gold.

Thanks I found that

I recently obtained this game.

I am currently fine with playing one class, so buying another char slot for the reason of another option is not important to me, howeverā€¦

The game recommends me to get a hireling (which needs another char slot). Is it just advertisement or how important is it?

1 - What is are the benefits of this function?
Do I really need/want it?

2 - What are the disadvantages if using a hireling? For instanceā€¦ Will he steal experience?

So generally what should I know of this function? To make a good decision for myself

3 - (ps) do I need to level up the hireling to my level first?

The game is mostly free to play and thatā€™s very amazing.

However, I suggest you purchase as much character slots as you comfortably can. It will improve your gameplay experience a lot.

For pve/farming the potential will be much higher with two characters working together(two times).

You canā€™t play 2v2 in Battle Arena if you only have one character.

Yes, but not necessarily a disadvantage. I think EXP will be averaged between the two active characters, but you may choose to play the character you want to lvl up first without a hireling if you choose so it eats all the exp alone. I maybe wrong here.

No need. You can play your hireling as a main character just like your first character without equalizing their levels( if I addressed your question correctly).

2 Likes

Iā€™d say the cheapest option is two more character slots. Of different classes. Then play the characters together at level one. Switch them over in gameplay and get an idea of how they play. Itā€™s a re learning process .

1 Like

@thedude52 Legend Elemental DMG +100% & Legend Weapon DMG +200% canā€™t be rolled with Ruby. Elemental Critical DMG can be rolled with Ruby (Frostbiting for example). here is a good post on what the restrictions are.

also, after about 5 or 6 Elemental Crits, monsters become immune to them.

@Petapan before you go into Campaign Mode, there is a list of Boosts, and you can see which ones are active. also, while in Campaign, you can look at the Boosts in the Shop, and you can see if there are any active.

Hirelings: Dungeon Quest is a Free to Play game, you donā€™t really need a Hireling. just pick a Class and start having fun. now, if you want to play with more than one Class and/or have a Hireling, then you need to buy at least 1 or 2 more Character Slots for $0.99 each.

Hirelings give extra firepower for Farming Builds, Climbing Builds, and 2v2 PVP Builds. the Hireling is run by the A.I., but you can tweak the A.I. settings for it.

there is a small Experience boost when using a Hireling, but the bigger the difference the Levels of the Main & Hireling, the less Experience you get, especially for the one with the lower Level. you can either level the 2 Characters together, or use a Level 100 Character to Level up your Level 1 Character. or just level it up Solo. Experience Boosts are also averaged between Main & Hireling. you donā€™t really need these unless you are getting all the Perks for these Characters.

for Farming, the Hireling needs the same Luck & Item Drop as the Main, as they are averaged. when using Epiphany Set, both Characters need it. Gold Find only needs to be on the Main Character. same for Nadroji, Eternalized, Crystaline, and Mythic Set affixes. a Farm Build using a Main & Hireling also gets a +100% Item Drop Boost over Cap. a Solo Character can get up to +200% Item Drop, with a Hireling, you can get up to +300%.

@freaky45
Converting a Legend Item costs 245k Gold for a random Rare Crystal. Converting an Eternal or Crystal Legend Item costs 500k Gold for a random Ultra Rare Crystal. Epic Items are 108k Gold for a Normal or Rare Crystal. Rare Items are 80k Gold for 70% chance of Random Crystal. Magic Items are 45k for 55% chance for Random Crystal. Normal Items 1k Gold for 10% chance of Random Crystal. if you have a Mythic Item, 500k to Convert to Random Myth Stone between lowest & highest Myth Stone used to make the Mythic Item.

Salvaging an Item gives you the option of selling for Gold or getting Dust. the amount of Dust you get is based on the Items Level, and whether it is Legend, Eternal, Crystal, or Mythic. Legend items give 1 to 5 Dust, and it costs 5k Gold per Dust you get from an Item.

2 Likes

Hi again, and thanks

I got 2 more slots now. One for each class. I play warrior + wizard together and rogue alone (my starter class). I also bought the premium stash to share off class items for say warrior when being on rogue.

1 What should I do with found pets? They keep stacking up, and the stats are less useful.

2 What difficulty to play on? Currently epic or legend floor 40+ because itā€™s fluid enough.
To what floor? I read a guide recommending to get to floor 200 asap via very easy modeā€¦ but for a specific build. Iā€™m asking for general play.

3 (ps) The game seems to be very item leaded. Meaning the build is dictated by what items you have / find. (Have Legendary powerful sword? - use flurry and sword throw for instance)
-> Should I A) concentrate my heroics on a specific build , or
B) spread it out, or
C) put most stuff into Defensive and Fortune (the gokdfind/itemfind one) ? ( as beginner floor 45+/raising of course)

B and C reset heroics later (cost money). Iā€™m doing C atm.

4 (ps) Does Poison DoT stack? (Will I do more DoT damage when I have hit the target with my attack twice)? Or is poison meant for kiting?
Same for fire, but same mechanics I guess.

1 Like

Get to floor 200 asap with very easy difficulty because it is the fastest and easiest compared with other difficulty levels.

Once you can get to floor 200 on very easy difficulty, you can now also access the higher difficulty levels(easy-mythic3 difficulties) up to floor 200. This will save you time as compared to constantly grinding letā€™s say mythic1 difficulty up to floor 200.

1 Like

Keep your red or green legend pets.

If they are not red or green, sell them unless you do not have anything else better.

Important thing is to not convert them to crystals-imagine their agony through the process of transmutation.

1 Like

As a pet hunting Jedi master of say this. Never get rid of legend or eternal pets. Always level up any pet used in gameplay by killing enslavers with the pet equipped. Use precious stones to remove pet stats you donā€™t need ( kyanite) and add epic stats with topazes. If you donā€™t get the epic stat you want then you can keep rerolling it to a random stat using one of the blue stones.

Finally using stones to add or remove stats on a pet will cost you five stones (eg five topazes). So make sure you only have one precious stone (Eg topaz) when you do it. Still works. Donā€™t bother with eternal pets. You can change the pets element. Hope that helps.

Thanks,

How do you get ā€œonly 1ā€ e.g. Diamond? I mean I have about 50 or soā€¦ can you split them?

I also added 2 ps question in previous post.

Convert diamonds to an higher stone

Then you can convert the next precious stone into one diamond using the salvage option .

if u have to choose between the 2, which is better?

a) 1 slot for extra attack+4
b) 1 slot for multiattack+2

or any other suggestionā€¦should i even add them?
fyi i am using chakrams with frozen set atm (finally got my fabled bladešŸ˜)

1 Like

Extra attack I would say.

1 Like

It depends on the build.
But I assume you are asking which one is better for PVP purposes, correct? If it is a PVE/Farming Craft go for multi attack. Otherwise:

General Assumptions on witch is betterā€¦

Constant damage: multi attack

Burst damage: 4 Extra attack( epic 2 extra attack should not be even a choice)

Not to take away anything away from mate @dickwad, but
If I am in doubt I will go with multi attack.

2 Likes

yeah i was a bit in a predicament since i have 1 slot to useā€¦4 extra attacks (extra 400%dmg) is nice but i didnā€™t know the probability of getting those 4 attacksā€¦where as multiattack+2 (extra 100%dmg) was constant.

ps
since my attack speed is at max(60) and i have celerity at 30ā€¦i went with extra attack+4 but i canā€™t really tell which does more damage in the long run :pensive:

1 Like

ps thatā€™s not my final setā€¦ Iā€™m waiting to get my insolence and then Iā€™m gonna switch out my chest to annaā€™s bane and ring to the rozenzi

1 Like

Donā€™t think too much about it. What matters is that you are having fun with your current setup.

Save your resources until you have a concept in mind to build. (I-save ang iyong mga mapagkukunan hanggang sa magkaroon ka ng isang konsepto na nasa isip na magtayo.):crazy_face:

The nova and apocalypse mythics look really cool.

3 Likes