Obligatory Other Games thread

^ KotoR. And Neverwinter Nights OC and many online mods, but you’d have to learn DnD.

The Last of Us?

Ahh good old FF. I was never a fan of turn-based, but the storylines kept me going!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

I did actually play DnD for a while, but I agree on turn based games either being really hard and tactical or slow and boring.
Good games I play now: Terraria

Sent from my C1505 using Tapatalk

I played a huge numbers of games, but what I prefer is PvP(with tactics(not like wow where the spell have an aimbot)) games and coupled with RPG

And recently (since 1 year) i discovered survival-horror FPS like DayZ, and thats really nice !

Huh? WoW arena had one of the deepest levels of tactics in all the games I have ever played-- and I’ve played a lot. Having 65 spells to cast, an “aimbot” doesn’t really help.

[quote=“primaeva”]Huh? WoW arena had one of the deepest levels of tactics in all the games I have ever played-- and I’ve played a lot. Having 65 spells to cast, an “aimbot” doesn’t really help.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk[/quote]
u have just to spam your spells

[quote=“Murzol”][quote=“primaeva”]Huh? WoW arena had one of the deepest levels of tactics in all the games I have ever played-- and I’ve played a lot. Having 65 spells to cast, an “aimbot” doesn’t really help.

u have just to spam your spells[/quote]

Well uh. I kind of meant even remotely competitive play. “Spamming your spells” will get you about a 95% losing rate.

I’m not sure you should comment on a game’s state of PvP if you’ve never actually met with success in it xD

I used to play a lot of WoW arena, but my team could only get 1400 and get stuck around that area ( We were not the best players for sure ). It’s very much about teamwork and adaptability. What you have to be good at is firing off interrupts, positioning, focusing/switching targets at the same time, saving long cooldown spells for burst, killing those damn healers, etc.

I sort of miss it, but it started getting less fun when the games started taking forever from deadlock. I think they put in some mechanics to help make the games shorter, so might be better now.

Yeah - I left before Cat/MoP, but upon looking back, they also simplified the talent system to the point where I felt totally unexcited about levelling a character. And the HP pools got too high for any high-adrenaline PvP – it became more of long-drawn out games of chess with many stalemate options.

(I made it to 1650 and we got absolutely stuck – we even rolled new characters to try new comps, then got stuck again at 1750, but I think we hit our skill cap. Hats off to the glads (those were 2.1-2.3k players!!)

Yeah that problem still existed in Cata, I’m not sure how much MoP fixed any of those issues. I didn’t follow this expansion cycle very closely. I do plan on giving WoD a shot, perhaps will give their new Trail of the Gladiator system a shot since I won’t have to go through the PvP grind to do it.

Like adrenaline pumping PvP? One word: twink. I did 39 twink lock and druid. Looooooooove iiiiiiiit.

Aha, yes, twinking… good times, before I hit 60 on my first main I actually spent so much time beating people up in the 50-59 bracket on my hunter.

I logged into the game after quitting and visited 70 BGs in my full SWP priest, gone shadow. It was ridiculous, I could take out entire teams in WSG with good positioning and cooldown management. Not exactly as thrilling as 2v2s, but infinitely satisfying. xD

[quote=“primaeva”][quote=“Murzol”][quote=“primaeva”]Huh? WoW arena had one of the deepest levels of tactics in all the games I have ever played-- and I’ve played a lot. Having 65 spells to cast, an “aimbot” doesn’t really help.

u have just to spam your spells[/quote]

Well uh. I kind of meant even remotely competitive play. “Spamming your spells” will get you about a 95% losing rate.

I’m not sure you should comment on a game’s state of PvP if you’ve never actually met with success in it xD

what I want to say is that i like pvp games where you can evade by moving, and attack who need to aim the enemys

Argh, I thought hearthstone was F2P-- but beta keys required! :<

I love FF4, one of my favourite games… playing it on my S3 using an emulator…

Also love Borderlands 2, Skyrim and The Halo Series, especially (competetive) Halo: Reach, as well as FF 2 (Anniversary Edition), Black Ops 2… all on XBOX 360

On GB and Nintendo:

FF 1,2,4,5,6,
Pokemon Series for sure,
Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker,
Metroid Prime Hunters

playing on Pc? not my favorite thing to do…

I also like Inotia 2 on IOS devices… a sick party rpg game with sweet farming elements…used to like zenonia, but after Z3, the developers went too greedy… usual P2Win concept…

All in one, most favourite Games: FF4, Skyrim and Halo: Reach, Borderlands 2

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9300 mit Tapatalk

Yeah Ff4 is probably my favorite ff (at least the one I have finished the most). Playing the new zelda currently…it is amazing in pretty much every way. And the new Mario game is sooooooo good words are hard to come by “…they should have sent a poet”

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

is Borderlands 2 pay 2 win?
just asking

@poggle nope…There are a few elements (like golden keys) that you can get outside of gameplay, but those are jot required to exp the game.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Got a Hearthstone Beta Key! Going to start next week :smile:))

Awesome! Let me know when you’re up and running on it, I’ll give ya some duels :smile:

Dungeon hunter was destroyed by gameloft. DH2 was sooooooo good and then DH3 came. I dare to say it is the best rpg out there. (dungeon hunter is a hacknslash, not an rpg.

Sent from my C1505 using Tapatalk