Patch 1.4.3 - Released! Pets and Class Announcement!

View blog post

It’s been a long time in the making, but pets are finally released. That empty section of the store has been filled with 15 pets that you can purchase and train!

Good news is that most of the pets will be available to purchase with in game gold! Not only that, but we have introduced a new enemy that’s randomly found in maps past floor 20 that have enslaved pets that you get to free and collect!

[size=150]Pet Types[/size]

Hound
The Hound helps you find hidden gold piles and picks up all dropped gold piles for you.

Fairy
The Fairy heals you the same amount as a potion when your health drops below 50%"

Imp
The Imp steals normal items and items below your loot pick up threshold ( in options ). After collecting 5, he gives you a rare item in return.

[size=150]Store Redesign and Price Adjustments[/size]

With the inclusion of pets, we’ve also redesigned the shop. While we were there, we also reviewed the prices and availability of what we already offered and have decided to convert even more vanity items to gold purchase! We’ve also lowered some of the prices for the vanity items you could already purchase, with the very lowest item being “Eyes” at 25,000g.

[size=150]Class Announcement![/size]

You’ve probably guessed it by now, but we’re officially announcing our third class will be the Rogue! Now that the world has been updated with 1.4, and our first pets are finished with 1.4.3, our art and development team will be free to finally work on bringing the Rogue to realization for Patch 1.5.

You can expect that the Rogue will be a mix of melee and ranged with a heavy focus on quick / agile attacks. We’re not finalized on all the skills and talents yet, but there will likely be specializations devoted to melee, ranged, and companions. Note this can change at any point during development and testing, but we will work on having previews for the class available as soon as they are ready to show.

In the meantime while waiting for the Rogue to be released, we will also be adding new ways to progress your characters with new items to collect! More on that soon.

[size=150]Still on the Horizon:[/size]

[ul][li]New Item Types
[/li][li]Progression Updates
[/li][li]Third Class[/li][/ul]

how do you pick up pets you saved/ they stay on the ground

We’re putting out a patch quickly to fix this

can you increase the speed at which the imp creates the rare item for you? it is extremely slow and sometimes you pass the rare items he made because you are so far ahead

Thanks for the pets and other new/free content. Really looking forward to the rogue as well. What are the chances of a pet who loots both items and gold at some point in the future? Or even a straight loot grabbing pet (loot to bags rather than the imp gambling) that I could have on a hireling so that between them the floor got hoovered and I didn’t have to worry about teleporting back and forth all over the map to make sure I’m not missing drops.
I’m pretty addicted to extra bolts and increased aoe, so a lot of the time I don’t even see some of the mobs I’m killing, and I’m always afraid that I’m leaving loot on the ground at the end of the level. I’m assuming there will be different rarity pets coming later on, and I for one would be ecstatic if a “vacuum” was one of them so I could just ignore drops and focus on the nuking. If it was a cash only or cash/super rare drop that would be fine by me.
Anyway, thanks for making and continuing to improve such a ridiculously fun and addictive game

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk

when will release the 3rd class :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

@raymond it will be a bit of time…you already got all the pets???

@jdubya - Thanks for playing! We are keeping our options open for future pet skills/abilities :smile:

@sobora - Great feedback! We will have a look at this and see what we can do. We try to build up some anticipation for the item with the wait, but I could see where that would get annoying over time.

@tdaniel Yes tdaniel~~ but some of them stat not nice so i sell it = = no space for me, coz not enough gold for the storage, coz some legend stuff have to keep :smiley: but so far i only use the Hound, coz i need alots of GOLD :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: and i found out that Fairy healing abit slow not really helpful :unamused: maybe too less def/hp for my Wizard (newbie) :smiley: and the Imp, i dun know how it works = =" i juz loot item myself, coz Hound and Imp while u moving fast, they wont go pick up item :cry:

“The Imp steals normal items and items below your loot pick up threshold ( in options ). After collecting 5, he gives you a rare item in return”
this copy from post “Released! Pets and Class Announcement!”
i not really understand how it works, and i not sure which “rare item” is Imp gv me :unamused: maybe can do some tread mark for those item that Imp return to us? :stuck_out_tongue:

Here is how the imp works!

If you go into your options menu (Pause the game, press “Options” button) you will see a button titled “Pick Up: Normal+”
This button will determine what loot you pick up and what loot you leave on the ground. So if the button says “Pick Up: Normal+” that means that your character will pick up ever item on the ground.

If you press that button one time it will read “Pick Up: Magic+”. That would mean that your character would only pick up Magic (or blue items) and would leave all normal items on the ground. This would allow your imp to pick up the normal items.

Once the imp picks up 5 items he will create a new item. The higher you set your “Pick UP:” setting the more items the imp can pick up from the ground.

The imp can create all types of items (including legendary items).

Wait you got the puzzlering gob jeez i have to find some time to play T.T

[quote=“tdaniel”]Here is how the imp works!

If you go into your options menu (Pause the game, press “Options” button) you will see a button titled “Pick Up: Normal+”
This button will determine what loot you pick up and what loot you leave on the ground. So if the button says “Pick Up: Normal+” that means that your character will pick up ever item on the ground.

If you press that button one time it will read “Pick Up: Magic+”. That would mean that your character would only pick up Magic (or blue items) and would leave all normal items on the ground. This would allow your imp to pick up the normal items.

Once the imp picks up 5 items he will create a new item. The higher you set your “Pick UP:” setting the more items the imp can pick up from the ground.

The imp can create all types of items (including legendary items).[/quote]

THANKS ALOT tdaniel !!! this information is VERY VERY HELPFUL !!! :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:
why no LOVE symbol in forum i wan gv u 10 HEART shape ! <3 help me alot :smile:) and other PROs also answering my newbie question :smile: let me gain more knowledge for DQ ~ best game!! :smiley:

sorry tdaniel, 1 more question, after imp get 5 item and create a new one, where do i collect the item Imp created? auto send to my bag? or i have to press something to collect from Imp? :smile:

[quote=“Harahell”]Imp can get up to epic items if u set in options to pick legends+ but he will pick all normal/magic/rare/epic items and he give most of time rare items so he will pick up again the item…
I use in options pick rare+ so my imp gets only normal/magic items and i get rare/epic/legend

And for last… rare items given by the imp sometimes comes with a lot of epic afixes, up to 4![/quote]

The imp will drop that item on the ground. When the imp is creating an item for you he will pause and you will hear a sound and see a visual cue that he is getting ready to drop a new item.

Guys help… my game always got stuck on 32nd floor either by attacking or being attacked by a monster. Pls give me som advice^^ thanks^^ I really like the game thats why I want it to know how to fix it^^ thanks in advance^^

thanks again tdaniel :smile:)

If you wait long enough it should become unstuck. The game is likely compiling a shader and it’s taking a long time for your phone.

You can also try to compile shaders in the options menu, but this will take many minutes.

Thanks^^ I dunno if im just impatient or 5 mins is really long time to wait for it to unfroze… well I think thats wat u get for doing a good job on the game^^ thanks for the advice^^

It’s way too long for sure! We’ll be making sure that resource will be loaded at the start instead during gameplay. If you find any other spots like that with a very long delay, let us know :smile:

Im so excited for the third class! its been awhile since i got rest from this game…if patch 1.5 will be released, I will be addicted mode to this game again! :smiley: