Patch 1.8 - Preview!

[size=150]Eternal Legends[/size]
Since the release of Crystals and Mythstones, our poor Legend items have become much less desirable when compared to items you can create yourself. When the best items you can have are created from Crystals, excitement from drops shifts from actual items, to getting rare Crystals. Our goal is to make Legends interesting again, so we decided to create a new rarity that Legends can drop as with a few special rules.

When a Legend drops as an Eternal Legend, its normal, epic, and legend affixes are doubled and its Quality is set to 50%. These changes alone give us a lot of interesting potential for Legend items again, and can definitely provide new upgrades over perfectly crafted Crystal items.

Not only can a Legend drop as an Eternal Legend, but we still have the system that allows Legends to convert one of their affixes to a Crystal affix. This means that a dropped Legend can be both Eternal, and have a Crystal affix!

The caveat to Eternal Legends is that they can only be modified by two Crystals, Calcite ( to change the element ) and Beryl ( to change the nature ). All other Crystals will not work on Eternals. This helps solidify the idea behind Eternals, which are items you’re excited to see drop, and keeps Crystal Enchanting as it’s own separate powerful avenue to improve your gear.

Lastly, to ensure that you’re likely to get a useful item when any Legend drops, we’re changing the affix ranges for Legends so they roll at least 75%+ of their potential. For example, an epic Weapon Damage % Affix with a normal range of 5-50% should always be above 38.75% ( 77.5% when Eternal ).

[size=150]Affix Sorting[/size]
A highly requested feature since Crystal Enchanting released was a way to organize affixes on crafted ( and of course non crafted ) gear. In patch 1.8, whenever you apply any crystal or mythstone to any item, the item’s affixes will be sorted by their power.

The order of affixes will be:
[ul][li]Set
[/li][li]Crystal
[/li][li]Mythstone
[/li][li]Legend
[/li][li]Epic
[/li][li]Normal[/li][/ul]

[size=150]Feat Updates[/size]
Patch 1.8 will also update a few of the Feats to provide more appropriate rewards. An issue we’ve been seeing is that the Apply Crystal/Mythstone reward was just too powerful. This will be changed from increasing stack counts to dropping one rare Crystal or Mythstone.

Another issue we’ve seen is that there were two very boring Feat rewards for killing Mythic Enemies and Killing 100 Bosses. These feats will now drop a random Eternal Legend as their reward.

[size=150]Chinese Version[/size]
We have partnered with game publisher SkyMobi to bring a fully localized version of Dungeon Quest to carriers in China. China has an incredibly large and growing mobile gaming demographic and we’re very excited to get Dungeon Quest into the hands of many new players. This version is in full production and should be available in the coming months.

[size=150]Updated Tutorial[/size]
With many new players coming to Dungeon Quest, we decided it was a good time to completely update our tutorial and new player experience. Most of this experience will occur on the first floor for new players. Experienced players may see a few new events pop up which are quickly dismissed, and should only occur once.

Our hope is that the combination of the tutorial, codex, and updated tips, that Dungeon Quest is a much easier game to get into and understand.

[size=150]Much more to come![/size]
We’re in the final stages of testing Patch 1.8, and already in the middle of development for Patch 1.9! If you’re a bit bored of waiting, come visit us on forumsand give us any feedback that comes to mind. We love hearing from you!

We also keep a close eye on our twitter, facebook, and subreddit so keep on letting us know what you want to see next in Dungeon Quest!

:frowning: i think i got too excited and sharted reading that, looking forward to the patch.

:open_mouth::shock::shock:
Incredible!! So its the eternal legend thing that they gave us a hint on 1 thread. :smiley:
Sad about the ms/cs feats but thats ok. Can’t wait for the next patch.

Sounds good.

I like the idea of the mythic changes, except the part about not stacking crystals. I’ve been playing HARD (4-5 hours some days) since the middle of October, been 650 luck for about a month, and the highest crystal I’ve ever farmed for the most part are a couple of jasper.

Not stacking would put modifying a crystal set almost out of reach, or at least take a significant amount of time longer. Modifying a thousand is still a lot of work, imo.

[quote=“bradoplata”]Sounds good.

I like the idea of the mythic changes, except the part about not stacking crystals. I’ve been playing HARD (4-5 hours some days) since the middle of October, been 650 luck for about a month, and the highest crystal I’ve ever farmed for the most part are a couple of jasper.

Not stacking would put modifying a crystal set almost out of reach, or at least take a significant amount of time longer. Modifying a thousand is still a lot of work, imo.[/quote]

You have maxed out the wrong affix to help you with your crystal hunting :frowning:
Luck will not help, you need to Max out % item drop.

[quote=“JesteR”][quote=“bradoplata”]Sounds good.

Not stacking would put modifying a crystal set almost out of reach, or at least take a significant amount of time longer. Modifying a thousand is still a lot of work, imo.[/quote]

You have maxed out the wrong affix to help you with your crystal hunting :frowning:
Luck will not help, you need to Max out % item drop.[/quote]

That’s been 200 for about a month also.

Incredible!! So its the eternal legend thing that they gave us a hint on 1 thread. :smiley:
Sad about the ms/cs feats but thats ok. Can’t wait for the next patch.[/quote]
Woohoo, Eternals, woohoo! :wink:

That sounds awesome! Looking forward to the changes, especially the Eternals! :smile:

are you going to pay any attention to the summoners glitches like how the Summoner be in control as a hireling will not cast all his summons and continuously cast magic to the point of being constantly out of mp I appreciate to look at the new Gear but as I continue to play their rights and fundamental errors and glitches still in the game as of right now I am I level 99 and I cannot tell what my exp 4 it will jump all the way full then jump all the way empty then it wiI jump halfway fall so there is no way for me to tell how much exp I have it will not even tell me what the value of the EXP of the enemies and I’m killing I would like to level with many other advertise aka tunes so with many other abilities but if they. can’t catch their abilities in a proper manner it is hard to have them as a hireling both the mage and the warrior have issues with this maybe one of the things you could do is allowing personalization and set up a distance from main toon or active too and you are using and ways that you can personalize the way the computer uses your tune I do not know if these things are possible for you to do they are just suggestions but there are fundamental areas that do not allow you to use certain classes of tunes for they were just burn through mana and stand there in the middle of the fight and get killed I have four tunes the highest 99 the lowest 78 working his way up to a hundred I have built several different classes and styles of tunes change them around and played with the build classes and really enjoying them there is a fairly wide variety already I’m styles of fighting you can doI look forward to many more hours of gameplay and the ability to use any tune with any style build as a hireling and not have to worry about inproper casting of magic and for the B of the year is all of its skills in a semi proper way for mages to keep proper distance from the battle where their classified as a summoning DPS mage or area of effect manage the same applies to the road and the warrior
I’m not even sure if this is the proper place to leave a message like this but being as it is your new patch update I thought it would be a decent place if this is wrong on a reply please let me know where I can read things like this thank you and lastsight will see you again

:question: sorry of this off topic

Does anyone know what’s the purpose of leveling pet? Every they level up … i didn’t see any improvement from them instead of feat rewards, anyone know?

No no no. Do not remove the stack size bonus for complete the crystal use feat. This is currently THE ONLY viable option to progress in this game. Honestly if you make that change to the feat I will have to uninstall the game. As I already have to farm for hours and hours and hours for months and months and I’ve only been able to get 1 crystal item. I don’t know what your definition of “too strong” is, but if too strong is something that takes months and months to achieve than this game will become “too strong” to play and I will have to uninstall and stop giving you money.

Sorry about the negativity, but this change will ruin the game completely if it goes through and I do not want that to happen.

-Lunix

[quote=“lunix57”]No no no. Do not remove the stack size bonus for complete the crystal use feat. This is currently THE ONLY viable option to progress in this game. Honestly if you make that change to the feat I will have to uninstall the game. As I already have to farm for hours and hours and hours for months and months and I’ve only been able to get 1 crystal item. I don’t know what your definition of “too strong” is, but if too strong is something that takes months and months to achieve than this game will become “too strong” to play and I will have to uninstall and stop giving you money.

Sorry about the negativity, but this change will ruin the game completely if it goes through and I do not want that to happen.

-Lunix[/quote]
Did you try raise the game difficulty? or increase fortune stat from hero skill? Impossible that crystals are soo hard to get @_@ one map i get at least more than one … or you mean other kind of “crystal”? :open_mouth:

[quote=“vironlawck”]:?: sorry of this off topic

Does anyone know what’s the purpose of leveling pet? Every they level up … i didn’t see any improvement from them instead of feat rewards, anyone know?[/quote]

When your pet level up, it has a small chance to increase its stats, that’s all the leveling for. If it’s a magic/rare pet, it will also have chance to get another new affix.

[quote=“zzvilzz”][quote=“vironlawck”]:?: sorry of this off topic

Does anyone know what’s the purpose of leveling pet? Every they level up … i didn’t see any improvement from them instead of feat rewards, anyone know?[/quote]

When your pet level up, it has a small chance to increase its stats, that’s all the leveling for. If it’s a magic/rare pet, it will also have chance to get another new affix.[/quote]
OIC … thx for the reply

What does the item quality do exactly?
Please could you make the CS and MS drop more because it takes so much time to farm them I still haven’t got any crystal item.
Is the tester build out?

Not sure if it wasn’t clear but we’re replacing it with a reward that gives you a rare Crystal ( #15+ ) instead. The requirement was also dropped down to 500.

Ignoring the whole new item tier we’re adding called Eternals, right? You should be able to find many Eternals if you’re playing hours and hours, quite a few of our testers have found them already, even with a few days testing.

We’re also increasing the chance for Crystal Legends to drop.

I would hope that you would at least give the patch a chance first :smile:

Crystal Legends will be dropping more frequently. The test build is available now, you should give it a shot :smile:

Ok thanks.
What does the item quality do exactly?

[quote=“Gathzen”]Ok thanks.
What does the item quality do exactly?[/quote]

Increases either Weapon DPS for weapons or Armor for other items.

Also improves affixes rolls by the quality amount.

This is awesome! So sad that the crystal feat reward will change. But thats okay. I still love DQ :")

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk