Patch 1.8 - Preview!

@steigerBox what do you mean the test build is available?

Will the feats restart its progress when updating? I havent gotten a legend pet yet…

Gathzen is a beta tester, so he can download and test the beta version of the game.

It shouldn’t corrupt your feat progress :smile:

Ohh right… Thanks for the reply.

Not sure if it wasn’t clear but we’re replacing it with a reward that gives you a rare Crystal ( #15+ ) instead. The requirement was also dropped down to 500.

Ignoring the whole new item tier we’re adding called Eternals, right? You should be able to find many Eternals if you’re playing hours and hours, quite a few of our testers have found them already, even with a few days testing.

We’re also increasing the chance for Crystal Legends to drop.

I would hope that you would at least give the patch a chance first :smile:[/quote]

Thanks for the clarification. You left off how rare the crystal would be, and the part about dropping it to 500 in the first post.

I don’t have as much of a problem now.

@the developers

i just have a suggestion why not include making the dog pet instead of just looting the gold make it loot everything??cause we all know that looting every single drop consumes time it’s not fun wasting time just walking above the loots to loot i especially when you are using long range heroes…we could have use the lost time walking over the loots to having to move to higher floors…

also idk if its a bug but sometimes the dog just don’t loot the gold drop even its too near already and it happens like 90% of the time so sometimes i found him pretty useless…well technically the fairy is almost the same she doesn’t heal until im dead or like 5% hp remaining and takes her so long to cast her heal…the only working pet is the imp atleast for me but i found him the least useful out of the 3 :3

Do you have the schedule for release?? :wink:

We hope to have the last few issues worked out very soon!

Will there be changes to the hirelings?

Perhaps my first post got off on the wrong foot.

I really love this game, it is by far my favorite mobile game i have ever played. As a game developer I love the little tricks I notice you did to create such a complex game and still have it run smoothly on mobile. I played and play the game ALOT. Before the crystal and mythstone patch I reached a point in the game where progression became completely random and I never felt a goal or purpose to progress anymore. The biggest problem with progression pre crystals was that creating perfect items was based almost entirely on luck. So much so that people often cheated by using the upload download system to rig the randomness of it. And this was how people progressed. Until finally crystals came about. The crystals, while still containing random elements, are farrrr less random and much more controlled. They provide a progression path that is far more stable and linear and gives the player a goal to work towards (getting better crystals usually).

The feat that added +2 stack size for crystals/mythstones was then added which provided a clear goal, a progression path that gradually increases, and ultimately guarentees the player rewards (obsidian crystals once you farm long enough).

These additions encouraged me to play the game again when I was just reaching a point where i was just going to uninstall the game as it felt useless to play anymore.

Removing the feat bonus and adding eternals is essentially telling me that you think that the linear progression the +2 stack size bonus enables isn’t good for your game. And that you believe that adding items to the game, which are going to be extremely rare, with randomized stats, and a low chance of having the stats I actually need for my character, and then removing the ability to use crystals on it, is a good direction to take the game.

As you’ve described it the new eternals have no way to guarentee I get the item i want/need. Have an ultra low chance to drop, have random stats, AND can not be enchanted with crystals. This is meant to be a warning. This WILL kill the game for me. And I doubt I will be alone on this.

Removing the feat bonus removes the guarentee of progression, it removes the goals of the game. And I have no intention of playing a game literally just to beat an RNG.

I love this game, and of course I will try the patch before condemning it to being uninstalled. However I do not like the sound of this new patch.

Thanks for making such a great game in the meantime :smile: if it wasn’t great I wouldn’t care to begin with

-Lunix

[quote=“lunix57”]Perhaps my first post got off on the wrong foot.
-Lunix[/quote]

+1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice comment; I read it at all btw [emoji14].

The developers removed the crystal/mythstone feat because it was too easy to exploit. You could get high level crystal/mythstones quite fast imo, and then one, for me very important point why I play this game, the farming, might lose its attraction.
Rng might be your friend or not, but you have to farm your equipment in certain steps: first a gear, that allows you to farm (semi-good) legendaries. Get your damage to a decent level and add some survivability.

After you have your armour with (suitable) legendaries (+set affixes) you may want to farm for a luck arm. Get sockets on your luck armour (get 40-50% luck on every piece of equipment) and then add some higher lvls mythstones, like the fortune one (+ % item drop chance) to your sockets. Get a chance to obtain them mythstones from the merchant or by salvaging or converting lower lvl mythstones so that you hit the mythstone feat, which generates you a rare mythstone.

After you have your luck gear with preferably max item drop chance and luck, farm floor 101 on ep1 and you’ll see explosions of items and crystals. Now you may want to farm for the highest crystals/mythstones, or salvage/convert your lots of low level crystals and mythstones to higher ones.

Now you want an awesome gear, which you create how you want it. Maybe an whirlwind/frostbite/golden vein gear? Let’s go!

But I think the idea is, that with this way, the joy to play this game lasts longer, because you actually have to farm, farm and farm.

When the game came out, you could have the best gear possible in less than a week, and then the game gets too boring.

I respect your opinion, but I wanted to show you, imo, a good side of the “new” crystal/mythstone feat. : )

PS: Or you just get a luck gear and farm for eternals while you farm for crystals and mythstones.

PPS: Maybe you have your own style of farming then pretend my suggestions were never here, lol.

PPPS: That what I stated above can differ for every player.

Before 1.7, the highest crystal I’d seen was 15. Within 10 hours of 1.7’s release, i had 20 of every cs/ms and was able to craft 2 sets of end-game gear that could have easily been an end-game scenario for me.

But i love this game, too, and found other things to do now that i had near perfect equipment.

The point is, the +2 feat reward took you from mid-game to end game on hours, not weeks or months. That’s why its gone.

Now, with 1.8 and eternals, there’s a chance to get a really good drop Without crafting. I got a ring the other day that rivals my end-crafted gear, and is going to be the basis of my next build.

Even if youve never seen an amythst or obsidian, you can now find gear that is nearly it’s equal. That doesn’t suck at all. Keep farming, keep pkaying. Its worth it now and will continue to be in the future

PLZ make TraditionalChinese version T_T

and

how can I move my save date to a new cellphone?

[quote=“richofmine”]PLZ make TraditionalChinese version T_T

and

how can I move my save date to a new cellphone?[/quote]
Through DQ account option, as long you long in the same account you can share in different phone

@lunix57

To reiterate, the feat hasn’t been removed… it’s been BALANCED. Instead of having tons of free high end crystals just thrown at you all willy nilly, you are getting one guaranteed high end crystal. The requirement is also lower, so you will complete it more often. You’re still going to get Obsidian MUCH easier than it used to be.

Also to give my opinion on Eternals, they aren’t going to be the “be all, end all” gear. But, their are going to be possibilities that they can be. Nadroji’s are highly sought after because they give stats only ottainable by high end CS/MS. If you were to get an Eternal version of that, it is possible to end up with one item providing the stats that you would have had to use 3 of the top level MS to achieve. TBH, certain stats are just better than others, so being able to get more of the best is enticing compared to having some of the average. Aaaand, Eternal pets… you couldn’t change them to begin with, so now being able to double their stats is pretty awesome to me. Like I said, a green item isn’t going to turn you godly, but it could. I see that as an improvement. :smile:

I just did floor 100-200. I got a bunch of lower crystals, and I got one topaz, four citrines and as many as 10 emeralds. That’s with 650% luck and 200% item find.

What maps are you playing to get all of these high level crystals?

[quote=“bradoplata”]I just did floor 100-200. I got a bunch of lower crystals, and I got one topaz, four citrines and as many as 10 emeralds. That’s with 650% luck and 200% item find.

What maps are you playing to get all of these high level crystals?[/quote]

High end crystals are converted. My highest crystal rarity i looted is zircon.

[quote=“bradoplata”]I just did floor 100-200. I got a bunch of lower crystals, and I got one topaz, four citrines and as many as 10 emeralds. That’s with 650% luck and 200% item find.

What maps are you playing to get all of these high level crystals?[/quote]
The same range of crystals/mythstones are dropped in floor 101 as in 200. Some are ofc rarer than the others. You can get new crystals/mythstones by convert two of the same type of crystals/mythstones, that’s how nearly everyone get high lvl stones. I got lucky yesterday and an amethyst has been dropped for me. :smile:

so pet are part of 1.8 patch

or in 1.9?

im waiting for pet patch

since i cant pass episode 8 floor 798 T_T