Patch 1.8 - Preview!

[quote=“No1KnowzMe”]so pet are part of 1.8 patch

or in 1.9?

im waiting for pet patch

since i cant pass episode 8 floor 798 T_T[/quote]

ep is enemy power!!! :smiley:

[quote=“Floox”][quote=“bradoplata”]I just did floor 100-200. I got a bunch of lower crystals, and I got one topaz, four citrines and as many as 10 emeralds. That’s with 650% luck and 200% item find.

What maps are you playing to get all of these high level crystals?[/quote]
The same range of crystals/mythstones are dropped in floor 101 as in 200. Some are ofc rarer than the others. You can get new crystals/mythstones by convert two of the same type of crystals/mythstones, that’s how nearly everyone get high lvl stones. I got lucky yesterday and an amethyst has been dropped for me. :smile:[/quote][quote=“andrielley”][quote=“bradoplata”]I just did floor 100-200. I got a bunch of lower crystals, and I got one topaz, four citrines and as many as 10 emeralds. That’s with 650% luck and 200% item find.

What maps are you playing to get all of these high level crystals?[/quote]

High end crystals are converted. My highest crystal rarity i looted is zircon.[/quote]

Thanks.

This is what i thought. So it takes about 30-40 hours of game play to get enough crystals to do anything? Sounds reasonable. Why is that bad for the game? I’ve got about 4-5 sets I’m thinking of, that’s a lot of gameplay.

Wow. I STARTED with v1.7, so I had no farming gear, I had nothing. I played for many, many, many hours before being able to craft my first Obsidian (and then believed the properties which said it only went up to Epic. I was crushed. I found out the info in the properties was wrong and that it did apply to Legends and I got happy. Once I had my first obsidian, I kept it knowing that the +2 was coming. It took me even longer to get the L20 mythstone.

I would submit that the guys who ALREADY had good farming gear could exploit the CS/MS feat, but starting from the beginning with no gold (and no understanding of the game), it took me a LONG time.

Playing at a high EP, with gear already having luck and item find, you were maxxed out on getting good stuff and lots of it. I was player level 99 and on floor 200 before I got my first obsidian through converting (I assume I was L99 and Floor 200, it’s been a week or more).

I would challenge someone that says that MS/CS feat is too easy to start a brand new acct, nothing in stash, no gold, and see if your opinion changes.

Food for thought.

[quote=“snowman”]Wow. I STARTED with v1.7, so I had no farming gear, I had nothing. I played for many, many, many hours before being able to craft my first Obsidian (and then believed the properties which said it only went up to Epic. I was crushed. I found out the info in the properties was wrong and that it did apply to Legends and I got happy. Once I had my first obsidian, I kept it knowing that the +2 was coming. It took me even longer to get the L20 mythstone.

I would submit that the guys who ALREADY had good farming gear could exploit the CS/MS feat, but starting from the beginning with no gold (and no understanding of the game), it took me a LONG time.

Playing at a high EP, with gear already having luck and item find, you were maxxed out on getting good stuff and lots of it. I was player level 99 and on floor 200 before I got my first obsidian through converting (I assume I was L99 and Floor 200, it’s been a week or more).

I would challenge someone that says that MS/CS feat is too easy to start a brand new acct, nothing in stash, no gold, and see if your opinion changes.

Food for thought.[/quote]

+1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Okay, here’s the stats. I swore there was a stat that told how long I’d played the game. Either I’m dreaming or I’ve forgotten where it is.

In any case. I just colored up my mythstones and hit the feat twice, so if I weren’t testing, I’d have 4 more of each stone right now.
From highest grade to lowest grade:
And I accidentally colored up all of my lowest stone, so oops.

To put this into perspective, I’m at #311 on the EXP ranking leaderboard. While I haven’t been playing the game that long in calendar time, I’ve spent a LOT of time playing the game. I am almost glad I can’t see how long I’ve played. One other thing to consider is that my pet is an imp, so some of the stones came from it converting gear to better stuff.

Is 7 (roughly) of every stone too much? Perhaps. In the system being discussed of 1 rare mythstone, I’d go from having 24 RARE mythstones (L15-20) to having received TWO. That’s a hefty cut.

Again, just adding my perspective. I think people who had the farming gear already don’t realize how difficult it is without that gear. Of course, they’re ALSO better players than I am and knew more about how things worked, just from experience. Also, if player level or hero level have anything to do with quality or number of items dropped, then factor that in too. I don’t think it does, but playing L100 100 times vs L1-100 once would also yield a lot more loot.

Now, there’s my whining for the night, but let me state clearly that I enjoy this game. I sincerely appreciate the fact that there is no “pay wall” and that any player can play it for free and earn the same loot as a paying player. Another game I played recently (different genre) was “free”, but there were items that could be bought that were better than what you could “earn” in the game. Paying a WHOLE dollar (or just shy) for an extra character slot got rid of the ads and I’m sure the developers are going to live like kings on that dollar. This also is a game that is being constantly revised and updated, instead of other games that get released and the developers are gone. A game like this on a gaming console would be $30-50 and we get it for free. The team is simply trying to improve the game for everyone’s enjoyment, and that is awesome!

The Feat requirement paired with that specific +2 to every CS was a mistake. Gaining 40 Crystals spanning the entire rarity spectrum once you have managed to collect of them is an insanely good reward, and has resulted in player power skyrocketing once reaching that point. Unfortunately it’s not a linear progression, it’s a curve raising sharply up once collecting all CS ( not only for your character but all your characters ).

The intention wasn’t for most end game players to only have near perfect Crystal Enchanted gear, but that’s the result of this feat.

It’s objectively the easiest, fastest, most guaranteed way of getting the most powerful gear in the game ( in 1.7 ) and it focuses on completing a single feat over and over to do this.

Moving forward, we much rather spread parts of this reward throughout multiple facets of playing. We’d like to add rare MS/CS to Legend/Mythic enemy drop tables, add the rare MS/CS drop for feats, and find other ways of rewarding higher MS/CS drop possibility ( through gearing, challenges maps, etc ). We still want it to be feasible that you get MS/CS, but we want it to be a bit more controlled, and spread throughout multiple ways of playing. This will be continually worked on till we get it right.

And while yes, it will become harder craft perfect gear in 1.8, you will be supplemented by Eternal Legend drops and highly increased Crystal Legend drops ( you can still strip these down for their Set/Crystal Affix ).

Not only that, but Patch 1.8 is just the start. The next smaller patches will be adding new Legends and Sets ( ripe to be Eternalized ), and considerably increasing the power of Mythics ( to the point you might actually use them! ). It’s our goal that your gear looks a couple Crystal Items, a few Eternals, and maybe one or two Mythics, or any combination of the 3! The point is to add gearing variety, and add items that players can be actually excited to see drop.

We are sorry for having to nerf the reward, we hate doing it ( and the anger we get for it ), but it wouldn’t happen if we didn’t feel it was best for the game’s longevity. We’re also very careful to not take anything away without giving something in return, and truly hope you guys give 1.8 a shot. We feel like it’s the best version of the game so far, and promise to continue working to make it better.

Its much easier to play now in 1.7 for the beginners…

There are a lot of guide and strategy exploited by the
veterans who play this game from the very beginning…

They just have to Look and read it…
Even the affix to use to get the max dps or ehp are simply a given now.
I got rank 33 for dps without using 100 % of glasscannon… And everyday
I stack +2 crystal four times a day… Equivalent of 8 total crystals a day…
Been playing for 14days now… Thanks forum… :smile:

“Insanely good reward” is a quite fair assessment. My point was that it’s not as “easy” as others made it sound. GETTING 1 of every stone in the first place takes a LONG time. However, you are quite correct that the mythstone and crystal portion of the game became exponentially easier. The feat reward was essentially MILLIONS upon MILLIONS of level 1 mythstones (as that is what it would take to build those top level stones through conversion). Getting that first L20 mythstone was extremely difficult. You can’t blame us for whining about taking away our “insanely good reward”, but the way you’ve explained it, sadly, it makes sense. So fellers, we got lucky in 1.7. I believe getting 1.8 will also find that we’re lucky to have such dedicated developers working on this project.

While i’m still waiting for alternate way to purchase those character slots instead of using Credit Cards :cry:

[quote=“snowman”]Okay, here’s the stats. I swore there was a stat that told how long I’d played the game. Either I’m dreaming or I’ve forgotten where it is.

In any case. I just colored up my mythstones and hit the feat twice, so if I weren’t testing, I’d have 4 more of each stone right now.
From highest grade to lowest grade:
And I accidentally colored up all of my lowest stone, so oops.

To put this into perspective, I’m at #311 on the EXP ranking leaderboard. While I haven’t been playing the game that long in calendar time, I’ve spent a LOT of time playing the game. I am almost glad I can’t see how long I’ve played. One other thing to consider is that my pet is an imp, so some of the stones came from it converting gear to better stuff.

Is 7 (roughly) of every stone too much? Perhaps. In the system being discussed of 1 rare mythstone, I’d go from having 24 RARE mythstones (L15-20) to having received TWO. That’s a hefty cut.

Again, just adding my perspective. I think people who had the farming gear already don’t realize how difficult it is without that gear. Of course, they’re ALSO better players than I am and knew more about how things worked, just from experience. Also, if player level or hero level have anything to do with quality or number of items dropped, then factor that in too. I don’t think it does, but playing L100 100 times vs L1-100 once would also yield a lot more loot.

Now, there’s my whining for the night, but let me state clearly that I enjoy this game. I sincerely appreciate the fact that there is no “pay wall” and that any player can play it for free and earn the same loot as a paying player. Another game I played recently (different genre) was “free”, but there were items that could be bought that were better than what you could “earn” in the game. Paying a WHOLE dollar (or just shy) for an extra character slot got rid of the ads and I’m sure the developers are going to live like kings on that dollar. This also is a game that is being constantly revised and updated, instead of other games that get released and the developers are gone. A game like this on a gaming console would be $30-50 and we get it for free. The team is simply trying to improve the game for everyone’s enjoyment, and that is awesome![/quote]
I haven’t played for 3 months before I started playing the game again (made new accounts) 1-2 weeks ago, so I didn’t even play when the Crystal/MS feed was there with +2 to all crystals and mythstones you already have in your inv/stash. What should I say lol, I’ve started from the bottom (again). Everyone has their different opinion, and I understand that.

Challenge accepted! :smiley:

18 days ago I submitted my bug about my entire stash disappearing, thats where my CS/MS and my farming gear was. Back to 0. I now have 1300 total crystals, up to rank 17, all from natural drops. I have 0 IF on gear, maybe 5 points in the Heroic skill for it. Thats solely from running around killing stuff at random. With the old feat, I could easily have a minimum of 2 completions, thats nothing to Obsidians in just over 2 weeks.

Granted, I know the best way to salvage and convert to maximize my gains. However, others and myself have discussed that multiple times on the forum. The truth is out there. :wink:

1300 L1 crystals converted to 650 L2 crystals, to 325 L3 crystals to 162 L4 to 81 L5 to 40 L6 to 20 L7 to 10 L8 to 5 L9 to 2 L10 to 1 L11. Now all you need is 1299 more L11 crystals and you can get to ONE L20 crystal. If you don’t have an obsidian, it won’t give you 2.

Please note that I’m not arguing, I’m just trying to understand… and doing it in here may not be the best place because if there is an “exploit”, we don’t need to point it out to everyone :smile:.

[quote=“SteigerBox”]The Feat requirement paired with that specific +2 to every CS was a mistake. Gaining 40 Crystals spanning the entire rarity spectrum once you have managed to collect of them is an insanely good reward, and has resulted in player power skyrocketing once reaching that point. Unfortunately it’s not a linear progression, it’s a curve raising sharply up once collecting all CS ( not only for your character but all your characters ).

The intention wasn’t for most end game players to only have near perfect Crystal Enchanted gear, but that’s the result of this feat…

[/quote]

No one’s mad, we’re just worried about the great game you’ve created being changed too much.

If it doesn’t work as intended, will you bring it back?

[quote=“snowman”]1300 L1 crystals converted to 650 L2 crystals, to 325 L3 crystals to 162 L4 to 81 L5 to 40 L6 to 20 L7 to 10 L8 to 5 L9 to 2 L10 to 1 L11. Now all you need is 1299 more L11 crystals and you can get to ONE L20 crystal. If you don’t have an obsidian, it won’t give you 2.

Please note that I’m not arguing, I’m just trying to understand… and doing it in here may not be the best place because if there is an “exploit”, we don’t need to point it out to everyone :smile:.[/quote]
That way, you’re right. But thats far from efficient. And you’re also right that this isnt the place. This is for 1.8 hype, I may have gotten too far off track, sorry. [emoji52]

1.8 is gonna be fun, different, but definitely still fun! :smiley:

[quote=“Rubik”][quote=“snowman”]
[/quote]

Challenge accepted! :smiley:

18 days ago I submitted my bug about my entire stash disappearing, thats where my CS/MS and my farming gear was. Back to 0. I now have 1300 total crystals, up to rank 17, all from natural drops. I have 0 IF on gear, maybe 5 points in the Heroic skill for it. Thats solely from running around killing stuff at random. With the old feat, I could easily have a minimum of 2 completions, thats nothing to Obsidians in just over 2 weeks.

Granted, I know the best way to salvage and convert to maximize my gains. However, others and myself have discussed that multiple times on the forum. The truth is out there. :wink:[/quote]

This only goes to show that the changes are nothing to fear. The right balance is starting to emerge now.
And for the players who think the changes are nerfs, what Steiger has taken away with one hand, he has given back twice as much with the other hand. 1.8 certainly is going to be fun :wink:

Dear all after beta testing patch 1.8 I’m very confident that it will bring dq gameplay to a whole new level.
Eternal sure isnt the best but it gives you that motivation to go on a hunting trip and everytime expecting something special drop.

Just wait for it. Patch 1.8 has increased my playtime by 200%!

Lol.

+1

sir if i update my DQ the items and all the money will gone or not???

Your items/gold/exp/CS/MS/bag/stash should remain the same.