For part 1, click here.
In the previous blog we covered Ascension and its multiple benefits. However, it wouldn’t be a great DQ Patch if we didn’t have new items to look forward to, so now we will cover all the new items and item mechanics you can look expect to find in Patch 2.1!
#New Affix Types
To accomplish some of the goals we have for Itemization, we implemented two new Affix types. These affixes should add some interesting mechanics to our item system.
The first new type of Affix that you will see on both old and new items are Dependent Affixes. Dependent Affixes give a bonus once you reach the requirement described on the affix. The layout for these affixes will follow this formula:
Dependent Affix - Gain A( Amount ) B( Stat or Effect ) when you have at least C( Amount ) of D( Stat, Set Number or Other Requirement ).
The goal for these affixes is to encourage gearing a bit differently than you normally would and rewarding you for the effort.
There will be a total of 20 Dependent Affixes added in 2.1, spread across newly introduced items and old favorites. In future patches we’ll add many more and work on ensuring that each of the bonuses are worth the gearing requirements.
While there have been Affixes before that give a negative effects, there has never been Affixes that are purely negative. We decided to try mechanic out in a new set, the Seven Deadly Sins. The idea is that you will have to overcome the harmful effect of the Negative Affix by reaching the goal of the Dependent Affix also on the item. It’s also important to note that Negative Affixes cannot be removed!
In the future we would like to add Negative Affixes to Legend items with highly desired/powerful effects as a trade-off for the desired effect.
Patch 2.1 will introduce 9 new sets, many of which came from our very own DQ Testers!
- Aethereal Drain - Increases Elemental Crit Chance by (rank)% and Total MP by (rank2)%, elemental crits restore 1% MP. Removes MP Regen
- Scoundrel - Skills -> Quick Attack and BlinkStrike. (rank)% to cast Sentry on attack, (rank2)% to cast Stealth on hit
- Seven Deadly Sins - Increases the value of all Percent based affixes on all gear by (rank)% (excluding Crystal Affixes). +All Sets cap is 0.
- Masochism - Increase DMG by (rank)% while below 75% Health. When above 50% HP, Healing effects damage you.
- Smoke Screen - Smokebombs are now cast on a random enemy within (rank) yards
- Cerebral Vortex Increases MP and Total Resist% by (rank). (rank2)% Chance to cast a Torrent on enemies that hit you
- Mayhem - For each unique spell proc you can trigger, gain (rank)% Proc DMG and (rank2)% Chance to Stun on all attacks
- Epiphany - Increases all stat caps by (rank)%
- Berserker - Chance to stun enemies is equal your Attack Speed on gear. Each time you stun an enemy, restore (rank)% HP.
As you can see, we will finally have the much requested Rogue version of the sets that give other class abilities (i.e. Battle Mage and Spellsword)!
We’re adding Taunt to the list of available Immune Affixes, and finally allowing all Immune affixes to be rolled using Ruby! The other new affixes will only be utilized by some of new Legend items for now, but might be added to old Legend items in the future.
- Taunt Immune - Cannot be Taunted
- All Healing - Increases Healing by HP on Hit, Regen, Potions and Orbs by (rank)%
- Push the Limit - Increases Resource Cost and Total Dmg by (rank)%
- Barbarian - Increases (rank)% DMG at the cost of (rank)% Total Resource
Patch Notes Coming Soon
We are working hard on finishing up Patch 2.1, and should be submitting the patch for review very soon. While we don’t have a date yet for release, we are in the final stages of getting our patch ready for submission which can take a few week depending on the platform, as long as we don’t have any issues! We appreciate everyone’s support and patience while we finish development for 2.1, it really means a lot to us!