(PVE) Most funny WIZARD 3.0 One-Punch build (with a question)

Lol

Oh, ok, it’s an off-hand ability, but then I would have to give up my shatter ability which is key in my build; similar thing for vanish, I would give up the Enigma proc for that. With 75% clearcast I don’t need cooldown reduction, I just would go out of combat when ability is on cooldown.

I think it’s ok then with just my 19.9% proc chance that I have now (you can already see the affixes in the pictures above) plus base 75% dodge and, of course, 45% block (making it around 86% chance to evade all attacks when Stealth is not on.

You can see in the map at the beginning of the video. I almost reached floor 1300.

4evertin. You have put a hidden gem here nice… :+1:

ouch!! my head hurts with so many formulas :astonished:

The build is still working on floor 1600+, with some little improvements.
I see sometimes 6 jumps forward all at once.

I really recommend for farming purposes getting high PackSize/MagicEnemies maps with Larimar+Diamond and clear the map in few jumps whatever the level it is, as it’s 100 to 0 in any level. The head slot (apart from the two mythstones) is still purely farming and can be improved for better results.

[At some point I like better switching to a secondary damage build for the Cartographer/Enslaver as it becomes very slow relying only on the Crushing Blow for Epic+ monsters.]

3 Likes

maybe change the CB on Pet to Crit Chance & Stealth Proc (or affix of your choice) on Chest to Crit Damage. more Critical Hits for a little more Critical Damage for better DPS from all attacks. even your Immolate DoT’s will Critical Hit more often, which is even more damage.

1 Like

CF(6) was nerfed already in the last patch. It just makes monsters’ hp to 1 and stuck there. You can change CF(1) to another set affix.

2 Likes

I don’t really rely on damage… Enemies have billions of HP and I barely make some thousand without Crushing Blow. “Elements” is necessary in the build, it makes all the three jumps (blink strike, teleport, shatter) double-proc.

I saw the nerf… but having only CF(5) I would be unable to make enough damage to kill enemies on the next hit with this build. Still works pretty good like this as I manage to deal the killing blow on the second round.

1 Like

I’ve tested this already, im using CF(6) w/ CB + FROZEN since 2018 and then it was nerfed. CF(5) kills mobs faster than CF(6). I tested it at 3k floor just a few days ago.

1 Like

CF(5) deals only 5/6 of monsters’ total hp, for the purpose of a low damage build like mine it would be impossible to deal the killing blow as fast. Check the stats, there are no affixes for damage.
The idea is moving quickly around the map and avoid all wounds by jumping away from danger, you don’t need the damage because of the CF(6).

2 Likes

guess it all depends on the Build.

CF (5) & Frozen Set Builds is one of the ways to go for high damage kills now.

CF (6) hit & run Builds for getting the kill & defense looks pretty good, especially since it is working.

@gamerthink eventually, you might have to decide if you want to keep tweaking this build as you keep climbing floors, or split it into 2 different Equipment Builds.

1. A Farm Build that only needs to Farm for stuff on floors 1000 or lower, depending on what you need.
  2. A Climbing Build that uses mobility for attack & defense and that can do more damage for floors 2000+.

for 1, just use the Build you have. for 2, make a Build based on your Farm Build that doesn’t have any Farm Affixes. you mentioned that you are switching to another set of Items for Epic+ enemies already. this way, you only need to Farm when you need to tweak your Climbing Build as you Climb higher floors or need to make a totally new Build.

I have a wizard proc build using only CF(5) that don’t have any dmg multiplier affix like barbarian, glasscannon, ptl, etc…but still it can kill epic+ enemies decently.

1 Like

Yeah, it really depends on the build.

I don’t know why others using hybrid build that climb and farm at the same time. For me its a 2 different things. When I climb I go directly at the cartographers. And when I’m farming legend items I only farm at low floors like 185-200 then repeat the process. Sometimes I farm at 1k floor to unlock new items at the the codex.

1 Like

I’ve try this item a while ago but it is not effective at all, I think that the stats damage are nerfed.

@Golem that’s true… Maybe just a better head slot switch for climbing faster might be a good idea, and keeping the build like it is only if I want to farm. For example another +10% all procs mythstone would be awesome for the build.

1 Like

I think I understand why they nerfed Crushing Flames (6) & Frozen Set combo. Crushing Blow damage is only affected by Crushing Flames, but CB/CF damage was being affected by Frozen Set also.

I read an old Thread where this was discussed, and it was mentioned by a Dev that they wanted CB to be a different damage than others. it is already pretty powerful, and limiting what can increase the damage done by CB keeps it from being just another damage affix.

I just have separate Equipment Builds for the simple reason I am LAZY, and when I was a Noob, realized I really don’t like having to switch just one or two Items just to defeat something because my Farm Build couldn’t do the job. I even hated having to use Calcite when an enemy or enemies were Resistant to my Weapons Element. Thank the Dev’s for Weaken & Ignore Resist!

3 Likes

There it is, now the build is a lot more effective. Apparently it’s impossible to get an attack speed blue affix in the head slot so I’ll stick with the +15% mythstone for now (rises the frequency one can cast “teleport”). “Mayhem” is a great complement for the build as it makes all your attacks have a stunning effect. It’s fancy to see at times a two-meteors proc, which are very good for clearing purposes (just in case the mobs are still there after the jumps).

1 Like

So it is impossible in the latest update of the app to get one shot the Enslaver and Cart Mr. Golem by the Wizards?