Simba's Suggestions/Improvements/Bugs

Is it possible to change the multi-touch so while you are running you can open and close the mini map? Because, as of right now, you have to get off of the joystick to open the map.

Yep, will try to get that in this coming patch.

Suggestion : unique skin for legend items ?

Since there’s a minimap (as you said). I think it’ll be better if there’s an option to make the map always visible.

Suggestion:
-I know that the reason why this game is so good is because you don’t have to buy anything with “real money” to advance but I was wondering if you could make the purchasable items, like wings and shoulders, give a moderate stat boost in something like luck or gold find. It think that would be a really cool bonus and also encourage some users to purchase.

Bugs:
-There is currently a bug where you can increase you bleed % to whatever you want. When you open up the menu while playing on a level go to inventory and then click on the stats page. Ok, you see your normal bleed chance. Now, click back to the inventory page and click back once again to the stats page. Your bleed chance has risen! You can raise it to whatever you want by tapping back and forth, however when you start a new level it gets reset.

Question(s):
-Why does my hp diminish when I use my weapon on no enemy? (dumb question probably)

[quote]Suggestion:
-I know that the reason why this game is so good is because you don’t have to buy anything with “real money” to advance but I was wondering if you could make the purchasable items, like wings and shoulders, give a moderate stat boost in something like luck or gold find. It think that would be a really cool bonus and also encourage some users to purchase.[/quote]

We’ve been considering something like this.

[quote]Bugs:
-There is currently a bug where you can increase you bleed % to whatever you want. When you open up the menu while playing on a level go to inventory and then click on the stats page. Ok, you see your normal bleed chance. Now, click back to the inventory page and click back once again to the stats page. Your bleed chance has risen! You can raise it to whatever you want by tapping back and forth, however when you start a new level it gets reset. [/quote]

Great find, thank you!

[quote]Question(s):
-Why does my hp diminish when I use my weapon on no enemy? (dumb question probably)[/quote]

Likely you have a Blood Magic or Blood Knight item?

Interesting, will have to see if we can make an option for this.

We’d love custom art for our Legends which should happen one day, but we just haven’t had the art time/resources for that specifically.

Just a few suggestions. I’ve searched this thread, but haven’t read every post, so some of these may be duplicates.

[ol][li]Map Overlay is off by 45°?
When traveling Southward on the Map Overlay, one is traveling SouthEast on the actual map. I’m not sure if this is intentional, but it could be corrected by rotating the Map Overlay by 45° clockwise (or equivalently by rotating the actual map by 45° anticlockwise, but I think that would be visually less interesting).[/li]
[li]Adjustable size for the Map Overlay
Often, particularly on larger floors, I find the Map Overlay to be too big - it’s only partially visible, which limits its usefulness. It would be nice if there were a setting to adjust its size, perhaps only two stages are necessary: its current size, and scaled down by one half.[/li]
[li]Preserve the Map Overlay between Floors/Sessions
For those who get disoriented easily, as I do, opening the Map Overlay is the first thing done upon entering every floor. It would be nice if, having exited the previous floor with the Map Overlay active, it would remain open. Storing this between sessions would also be nice, but not as important.[/li]
[li]Redo the textures for Act 1 Floors 1-3
In general, the graphics in this game are excellent, one exception being the textures for the first three Floors of Act 1, which are quite bland. This is hardly worth mentioning, except for the fact that this is the very first impression a new player has of the game, which is a shame if it causes them to switch off and try a different app. You want them to say, “Woah!”, as they do entering the Inferno for the first time.[/li]
[li]Camera Lock
I realize this might be quite difficult to retrofit if it wasn’t intended from the beginning (does the current engine even allow the map to be rotated? What are the performance implications? etc.), but it would be quite nice if one could lock the viewport behind the character. Playing as a Wizard, I often find myself fighting - and killing - enemies well off-screen. When I see my minions run off, I open fire in the same general direction. If the camera could be locked behind the character, no action would ever be missed.[/li]
[li]First-Person View
A bit pipe-dreamy, perhaps. The scenes seem to be rendered in full 3-D (with the Wizard Bolts being a possible exception), so it should at least be technically possible. Whether enough users would use it to warrant the implementation effort is another question, but I certainly would.[/li][/ol]

Edit: I see now that suggestion 3 has been previously suggested. I’d like to add an implementation detail as a further suggestion; these settings wouldn’t necessarily need to clutter the options menu. Tap once, it’s on. Tap again, it’s a different size. Tap a third time, it’s off again. If it’s on, it stays on, if it’s off, it stays off. Simple, intuitive, non-intrusive.

Well, in regards to 4, that’s basically the goal of the entire next patch. We’re updating the world geometry and textures, map generation, props, adding new interactables and updating AI. Check out http://imgur.com/a/eEmmb

We have the map rotated and cleaned up for next patch as well. :smile:

Thanks for the comments/suggestions:

1 - Fixed and will be in the next full update patch

2 - We are working on a few options here to see if we can make this work. While we don’t want to promise that it will make it in we are working on it.

3 - This is a tricky one due to performance disparity across android devices. We are working to make the Map as “cheap” (little to no performance impact) as possible. If we can optimize the system sufficiently we may be able to persist the map state between floors.

4 - See Steiger’s previous post (or click here)

5 - We planned for the camera to work the way it does currently, and as we add more and more features to the game the restrictions on how we can effect camera placement and viewport become more restrictive. In all likelihood this will not be a DQ1 feature.

6 - See answer 5

Thanks again for your comments and feedback, they are greatly appreciated!

I would like to see a new item set affix for arch mage because arch mage got left out. And new items such as gloves and boots with new talent trees would be awesome :smile:

I’d like to see the new patch, at least with the fix for rerolling stats on epic affixes, very soon. Other improvements are in my opinion not needed right away. I’m now stuck with both my wizard as with my warrior on lvl 144 where I keep getting one shot killed by the fast epic enemy’s. With the rerolling of epic affixes fixed, I can spend my millions of gold trying to raise my HP even more.

i agree with the fix for rerolling stats on epic affixes. but with my wizard i reach lvl 201. what are your stats and gears?

http://www.shinyboxgames.com/NewSite/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=207&start=10#p875 This is my wizard.

u have a mana shield. i didnt spend points in health. my health is 366 :smiley: .more points in power. or mana if u die too often. and i would switch bewilder to mind pact. then u have better defense.

also u got empower which reduce your health pool.

Well you’re in luck… because the new set in the next patch, “Permafrost”, is themed to Arch Mage!

Working on a small patch to fix this coming ASAP.

Is there currently a bug with re-rolling stats on Legend items? or more specifically on Legend items epic affixes?

Also, are we going to see our character be able to rise above level 99 in the near future?

The bug is on the affixes.
But only when you reroll.

An update patch was just pushed (literally 2 minutes ago) to google play. This issue has been fixed as well as the purchasable bag issue. This is a small patch before our next large content patch, this is to make sure you all (high level players) can fully enjoy the game. We are sorry about the reroll problem, but please check out the new patch and if you have any other issues just let us know!

Thanks again for your support.

Would it be possible to get the patchnotes?

This patch only fixed three items. Steiger will probably update the patch note section of the site later this afternoon with the accurate verbiage but from a quick and dirty perspective:

1. Affixes (legendary) could not be re rolled correctly at higher levels. This is fixed now.
  2. When purchasing bags from the inventory users would get the bag but gold would not be deducted from your total gold amount. This has been fixed.
  3. While our game is ad supported we try to make sure that our users are not effected by them as best we can. To that end, we added a red “X” to the top of all of our banner ads. This would let users quickly dismiss that ad during game play if they were not interested in the ad. This allowed our users to have a game play experience with as little interference as possible and allow us to create possible revenue streams using advertising. In previous games however if a user had a phone with a high resolution screen the “X” could be very small. We have fixed this in the latest build, now the “X” is very easy to hit and in turn dismiss the ad very quickly.

Some of the forum users had asked us to release a patch update to address the stat ReRolling issue. Our problem is that we are very deep into the creation of the next patch which includes a HUGE amount of updated content so creating a quick one off patch was not and easy task. I spent a few days getting the patch ready (taking out all the new stuff), Steiger fixed two of the issues, and viola this patch is out.

It didn’t hamper any of the progress on our current patch because I was able to pull most of it together while the guys focused on creating the new content for the next patch.

In summary, not much in this patch, however we wanted to make sure that you the community, know that we listen to your feedback and take steps to implement that feedback whenever possible.

Thanks for the support!