Story Behind Your Username

I’ve noticed many interesting usernames in my time here. However, @Refia made me wonder first: where did these names come from?
My username, Skaul, came from my eight year old brain. I’ve always used this username. I have always been a fan of short and sweet names, and I used to love the word skull. I wanted to be unique, though, so I spelled it wonky.
What about you guys?

4 Likes

It’s the name of a character from Final Fantasy 3 :slight_smile:

4 Likes

That’s what I thought, but I wasn’t sure, given the dragon theme on your profile. I love Square. :smiley:

The dragon is “Jakiro” from Dota 2. I just like the image :slight_smile: (source: http://adamcbeamish.com/defenders)

1 Like

mines from my junior years. ate a lot of pineapple chunks, hence the name

and i love bone thugs therefore i became a bone

2 Likes

Bike from Mario Kart 8.

2 Likes

Creativity or boredom? Haha. Perhaps the same thing.

It was creative when I came up with the screen name two years ago. I haven’t played MK8 though in the past year.

I use to echo everything people said in my younger years; my stepfather said one day, “I’m calling you Ekko but with two k’s instead of ch, reasons? Well one: you echo everyone. 2: your first name starts with K so switch ch with k’s.” So with that, my gamer name.

2 Likes

Fodder is my luck in a nutshell.

I have used many gamer tags over the years but it was the one that I felt fit the most accurately.

It came from a game I used to play called summoners war. When it came out I gave it a shot but wasn’t satisfied with the terrible monsters I got in the start. The common thing was to restart the game and finish the initial story to see what special monster you get from it. So I restarted around 50 times… In the end I still didn’t get a mid their monster. I told myself the games summoning rates were bogus and just uninstalled it immediately after that.
Well, a year goes by and I find myself bored again. Summoner war is one if the highest grossing/users playing games in the app store so I check it out again. At the account name selection I remembered all of the terrible monsters I got before and they were all fodder (in that game it is reference to a monster you sacrifice to another in order to power up the later). However, this time around I had already set my mind on just playing it regardless of my start up units so I figured I would have an army of fodder. Lightbulb! FodderArmy was born.

Since most games I have dabbled with after that don’t involve an army, I dropped it and stuck with Fodder. It fits pretty well for my situations. Plus, in a lot of competitive games (fps and such) when someone sees the name fodder they don’t think much until they get wrecked :smile:.

3 Likes

Mine comes from my pet bird quite a few years back and has eventually turned into an entire online persona that I use everywhere :smile:

1 Like

I actually really like your username, @Fodder.

Griffin is the the name of my cat. Technically, his name is GXMW III (Griffin Xavier Mathius Whittington III). Lol.

1 Like

Did I just get B) cat called (in all seriousness tho no one ever cat call anyone if you do you are scum)

4 Likes

@skaul Thanks man. It is kinda funny now that I’m looking back at it.

1 Like

Mines from when i played xbox and my girlfriend wanted me to join her overdosed clan so i was left with just six letters left to customise for myself, at the time i couldnt decide what to chose so i went downstars, grabbed a drink and the first thing i grabbed was a teacup so it just stuck from there only i left the overdosed part because i was flagged as inappropriate once :sweat_smile:. Ive had other usernames like SsSwords, Grumps and DaMoose but teacup is short and sweet :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3 Likes

Rider of Dark comes from my time playing the now defunct MMO City of Heroes. I have always been a big fan of Batman, but being a not-DC thing that name was forbidden. Dark Rider, of course, was taken. And I refuse to use a half-baked construction for a name, e.g. Dark Rider 01, xDark Riderx, etc. That means coming up with something different, thinking different. Something that would stand out in a world full of names striving for uniqueness.

Thus heralding to times of yore, from whence gentlemen and ladies of yore would oft speak of times and events with turns of phrase. A lover am I of the times of Queen Victoria. Thus begat the name of Rider of Dark.

While playing CoH, I came across someone that had been using the same handle for more than a decade in a large number of places. And the primary motivation for that was so that everybody he’d met before, especially friends, would be able to find him again. And thus I keep this name, especially so since it is, or for a time was, unique.

2 Likes

Mine’s obviously from Illidan Stormrage of Warcraft 3 and WoW.

2 Likes

I had to look yours up prior to this thread. That was my guess. :smiley: I suspected Refia’s, because I love Square, but the dragons threw me off.
I love all these stories. So many different sources of inspiration.

My username contains my life haha. let’s get started on the shortened version of it:

DJET- this one is a combination of my name JET(but this is my nickname) and my favorite letter which is D. I love this letter because most of the words i like are extremes and they start with D such as Death(my fave word of all),Destruction,Devastation,Darkness,Defilement,Damnation,Degradation,Dragon(yay),etc for the positive extremes and the negative extremes include Dumb,Douche,etc. JET is the acronym for my full name which is J***** E******* T**** bu no one ever calls me that even if i find it cool that my full name acronym makes sense. oh i just noticed Dungeon also starts with D haha(GO DQ!)

H-this one is for Hikaritoyami which are my two favorite japanese words Hkari(meaning light) and Yami(it’s not translated as yummy ok? it’s translation is Darkness) while ‘to’ in the middle is jap for ‘and’ although the wors combined into a single word doesn’t make sense, it’s just for the name.

Ristcix-this is quite a funny and weird and creepy story at the same time. my fave number is 6,but the darker number for it would be 666 and i wanted it to be 3-6 but that sounds crappy so i jumbled up the letters Three becomes Tri(the suffix meaning three of something like trihorn which means three horns or trident which i don’t know what three dents means lol) so it’s tri-six for 666 and then i came up with ristix…i tried to use this name on a game when i was 6 years old(coincidence? i think not) but i randomized it first and you know what came up first? yes…Ristcix and that’s how i started to use this name. it really creeped me out and i literally laughed back then(but i’m still more creeped out up to this day)

and then when i was 9(yes,another “coincidence” because 9 is my birthday and second fave number becoz it’s a 180 degrees rotated number six) i decided to combine all of these names together in most of my accounts. if you see these names in facebook, you know that’s me :slight_smile: . That’s the shortened version of it though coz there are a lot more details on them especially with djet and ristcix.

2 Likes

Interesting stories. I wish i have one = ( I got mine back when I was playing starcraft: broodwar. same IGn i’ve used since then from counterstrike, dota, a bunch of online games even in dungeon quest. I’m a big fan of action films and i kinda like japanese samurai movies. f00kee came out of nowhere, sounds c00l to me. = )

4 Likes