The basic reason why eternal pets are rubbish

If you do that and watch an add and get a free 5 minute monster boost on floor 2. You will be gobsmacked how long 5 minutes seems and the rewards you can reep

On floor 2 all you need do is teleport around. You can do a map in seconds.

Now when the legend pet drop is imminent then go mythic 500+ not 2 high that you die. You may have to convert a lot of maps to do this. Then place awesome destructive affixes on every item. To get merlin it has to be solo I think

I already have all that on my Mains current gear. I just donā€™t have extra room for Quest stones on my main, so I need to make different gear that has the basic farming affixes, and can help boost my Hirelings Experience gains. and my intention isnā€™t to Farm, it is to Farm while Ascending my other Toons. plus it will give me an opportunity to try out some build ideas while Ascending. Iā€™ll use another pair of Nadroji for the Bonus to help with Ascending, but I just smash Floor 110 for Ascending. even when my Hireling is starting over with levels after getting a Perk, does well at that floor, but it helps that my Main has Storm to squash monsters fast before my Hireling can get into trouble and force me to spend gold to revive them.
ahh @dickwad , I just realized I read your post wrong and wrote the wrong reply. hope you get that Rubbishy and difficult to find Pet, Merlin soon. :smirk_cat:

1 Like

Mr scooty never found merlin. Curespike never didā€¦lol

2 Likes

I look at this way if I accidently find one then I find one. Iā€™ve stopped looking

you know, that would make you a mean person is you found a Merlin, and left them behind, lonely and Merlin-less. of course, they could be laughing a little bit if your Merlin was an Eternal with unusable affixes. :wink:
maybe the Merlin is waiting for you to stop searching so he can take to time to find out if you would make a good Pet Toon for him. I bet that is how the other players got Merlins, they are actually Merlins Pet Toons.

1 Like

If I stumble accross merlin then great. Will be my pride. It will be interesting to craft. What would happen if you removed proc chances from the set and added epic critical etc

well, less damage from the procs hitting less often, but more damage from getting crits more often. will be interesting to see the trade off in damage. might have to give up the procs and go for crit damage and deadly strikes to make that work well, or just keep one proc just for the fun of it, and maybe make it a proc that goes well with the build, or does a lot of damage when you crit.

1 Like

Storm. Freezeā€¦

Iā€™ve found a legend merlinā€™s imp.

Its nice to have the full set of SDS but the set isnt that impressive.

Or maybe Iā€™m doing it wrong.

4 Likes

Outstanding!! That Imp taunts me.

3 Likes

Here he is. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Only change the epic affixes

1 Like

Woohoo he has avoided my traps for so long. Thatā€™s a nice catch. Maybe I will catch him one day.

2 Likes

Iā€™m jealous

2 Likes

Hey @Indy. You can write the 7 deadly sins guide . I will read it

1 Like

I want an ā€œeternal hellā€ pet.

I already have an ā€œeternal heavenā€

But actually neither of them would be helpful in my builds.

Iā€™m not a very good writer. And the science of this game still eludes me.

Eternal pets are rubbish generally. Focus on the one you have. :slight_smile:

1 Like