The Question Thread

Oh yeah, good point. I dont know the answer to that = ) What i’ve noticed is when the only damage you are inflicting to the enemy (by attacking once, applying dot and dont attack again) Dots have a chance to proc crit and crushing blow. However, Dots does not stack, so if you continuously attack and proc crit or crushing blow it’s kinda hard to tell if that’s from the recent attack or the previous one = ) WOuld love to find the answer to this as well ^^

1 Like

Ikr? It’s a really interesting mechanic I’ve just been having trouble testing it cause it’s so hard too get an enemy with enough HP on it’s own with no distractions just because of the nature of dungeon quest :grin:

anything that deal damage have chance to proc crit and crushing like primary attack, special, mirror image attack, multiattack, guidedshot homing second & third return, DoT etc.

Anything count as HIT can cause DoT like reflect damage, multiattack, terrasharped, overload etc.

DoT damage can cause crit and crushing blow but cant cause element crit (tested on ignis floor 200 boss) attack once with poison element and see the poison DoT tick havent see even once poison cloud spawn from the poison DoT.

DoT, The damage depend on the attack damage that cause it. As i remember DoT will use the highest damage that cause the DoT to happen, for example multiattack. let say the original attack deal 2k damage and cause 800 fire dot while multiattack only deal 50% original attack so it be 1k damage and cause 400 fire dot. The original attack will reach to target first followed by multiattack but the dot from multiattack will not implanted. the lower DoT after the higher DoT implanted will not happen or replaced but if the attack after original attack (previous attack for above example) is terrasharper/earthshatter deal 20k damage and cause 8k fire dot. it will replace that 800 fire dot.

1 Like

Thanks for the through response chronos :smile: and also thanks for mentioning the ignis bit I completely forgot that there bosses even existed and that they where easy targets for testing stuff : P

yeah that ignis is my lab rat lol.

2 Likes

Hehehehe yeah thanks for pointing him out I’m definitely gonna be doing the same from now on :grin:

Has anyone tried epiphany with 60% move speed? And if they have does it work (I’m gonna be testing it soon anyways but if someone knows I’m still curious)

Hi Im new player here what is EP8?? means?? only i know is floor… where can i find EP# ?

that old term of Difficulty lvl. Currently ppl use m1 m2 m3 thing to refer their difficulty lvl.

1 Like

can i craft some eternal items??

the 4 slot eternal weapon and headgear can be crafted. but only after adding a mythic and then adding epic affixes. you can change the nature(beryl), talent(citrine), and class(jasper) of eternal items, btw.

2 Likes

Is the gauntlet the highest damage base weapons for wizards, or do people just prefer gauntlets because of Mutiny’s default Defiance? Are any of the four weapons for the other two classes considered highest damage?

I’m mainly asking for crafting/mythic purposes. I really hope that the answer is “hammer” and “bow,” mainly because I like their primary attacks the most :kissing_smiling_eyes:

rogue = chakram has the highest base damage = 60
warrior = hammer = 75
wizard = gauntlet = 64
5 power = 125 damage
299 power = 7475 damage

note that damage from power stat can go much higher than your weapon’s base damage. so if you are going for a build with high power stat, you can pretty much ignore the weapon’s base damage and choose whichever has the best affixes. if your build focuses on mana or hp, then go for the weapon with the highest base damage.

2 Likes

Also, while Defiant is useful, people mostly use those items for the legendary (red) Elemental Damage affix.

1 Like

Thanks for the answers @ilidan371 and @Skaul. Are there clear winners for offhanders as well?

Check this out for a list of items and their base stats:
DQ Equipment

People usually use insolence for offhand if their builds rely on a mainhand skill for damage(mainly to get the ED% affix). Sometimes, though, it would be best to use OH weapons with legend WD% affixes. This is if the build relies on OH skills for damage like smoke bomb, sentry, toss,etc.

1 Like

Yes and don’t forget that if you want to increase dmg even more for mh and oh, you can find things like epiphany Gaunlet or berserker axe and convert to your class for the wd% affix. Also shields/hacthets and other things with wd%. Now that ed% is widely available on all pieces of gears, I would say that it is probably best to get wd% on both of your weapons and ed% anywhere else but it is all up to you. Ragnarok is kind of relevant if you want wd% and defiant together though.

Still insolance is useful if you want the defiant affix in your build because somehow they are easier to find than ragnarok. If you have ragnarok and you want defiant thoigh as well as having high base dmg, you go ahead use it. Ragnarok chakram is one good example. Either you have 1 weapon with wd% and an insolance weapon with defiant if you need it or another idea is simply both weapons have the wd% affix if needed or if you want defiant, either the first combo of wd% and ed% or both wd%s, where mh is the ragnaork weapon.
I hope this helps or is correct?

Does inferno half the length of a dot as well? Or does it only tick twice as often

Fire DoT deal 80% Damage over 2 Sec, = 40% Damage tick per 1 sec for 2sec.

Inferno (5) increase “DoT Speed” by 50%, =Faster tick/reduce the time for next dot tick to happen, base tick speed is 1 sec, increase the speed/reduce the time needed by 50% (rank 5) will make your tick is per 0.5sec.

just assume that your fire dot deal 160% Damage over 2sec = 40% damage dot tick for each 0.5sec for 2sec.

The effect of inferno last for 4 sec, u can renew/reapply the effect by attack the enemy again with fire element.

Example for just from 1 attack
160% Damage over 2sec = 0.5 per tick (fire DoT)

If your attack cause bleed. Bleed deal 100% of attack damage to the enemy every second for 10sec.

For regular/normal bleed DoT, u deal 1000% over 10sec.

With the effect of inferno, u will deal 800% over the first 4sec (0.5sec per tick), and 600% damage over the last 6sec (1sec per tick).

1 Like

Thanks cronos that was exactly the kind of response I was looking for :smile: