Vampiric Touch Set PvP Analysis

@Golem and @dickwad

I conducted a simple controlled test for PvP Vampiric Touch set, Scalp bleed chance and Vampiric Touch Heal on Bleed. My prior analysis was not thorough enough and needed more observations, hence this post.

What am I attempting to test??

1. Test that Scalp will cause bleed to tick 1x per second for 10 seconds.
  2. Test that Vampiric Touch set heals 1% Base HP per bleed tick.
  3. Test that Scalp causes 100% bleed chance

First Condition:

1. Character had no investment into HP Stat and was fully leveled character.
  2. Equipped one gear with Vampiric Touch Set Rank (1)
  3. HP = 1750x1.25=2,187 for Vamp Touch at one set (25% / rank)
  4. Conducted tests on Wrath warrior in PvP test dummy. Wrath is a Warrior talent that can damage you.
  5. All gears were blank except 2 Flat ED and Vampiric Touch set (1) only three affixes utilized of 42.
  6. Conducted observations on Same Wrath warrior - just went to Next Round to keep increasing power against identical opponent). Yes, warrior with wrath talent can harm you on the test dummy.
  7. Utilized Warrior Scalp OH Secondary Skill to test/verify 100% bleed.
  8. Cast scalp only once and stop match after bleed ceases.
  9. In order to obtain viable results, I needed to allow damage to occur to my character prior to inflicting bleed.

Observations:

1. 5 Observations where causing bleed healed 276 HP
  2. 3 Observations where causing bleed healed 184 HP

In these observations, I only needed to cause bleed one time to heal the HP above or just one Bleed DoT instead of waiting for all 10 bleed ticks from casting scalp.

HP for this test was 2,178 or 1750 base x 1.25 (Vampiric Touch Rank 1)

Second Condition:

Same conditions as first with exception of below;

1. Character had 98 investment into HP Stat and was fully leveled character. For all intents and purposes, full investment into HP Stat currently yields 19 Stat points for 150 HP each.
  3. HP = ((19x150)+1750)x1.25 = 5,750 for Vamp Touch at one set

Observations:

1. 8 Observations where causing bleed healed 276 HP
  2. 4 Observations where causing bleed healed 184 HP

In these observations, I only needed to cause bleed one time to heal the HP above or just one Bleed DoT instead of waiting for all 10 bleed ticks from casting scalp.

Round 17

Round 17, Page 1

Round 17, Page 2

Round 17, Page 3

Round 17, Page 4

Round 17, Page 5

Round 17, Page 6

Round 17, Page 7

Humor
Test dummy killed my character :dizzy_face::sweat_smile:

Third Condition:

1. Character had 98 investment into HP Stat and was fully leveled character. For all intents and purposes, full investment into HP Stat currently yields 19 Stat points for 150 HP each.
  3. HP = ((19x150)+1750+1540)x1.25 = 7,675 for Vamp Touch at one set
  4. Added one flat HP at 1540 (cost me one Epic and 273 Sapphire Stones)

Observations:

1. 5 Observations where causing bleed healed 276 HP
  2. 2 Observations where causing bleed healed 184 HP

Fourth Condition:

2. Equipped one gear with Vampiric Touch Set Rank (3)
  3. HP = ((19x150)+1750+1540)x1.75 = 10,745 for Vamp Touch at 3 sets
  4. Added one flat HP at 1540 (cost me one Epic and 273 Sapphire Stones - RNG really got me on this one!)
  5. Added two elixir stones in order to have Vampiric Touch Rank 3

Observations:

1. 3 Observations where causing bleed healed 276 HP
  2. 2 Observations where causing bleed healed 184 HP

Fifth Condition:

2. Equipped one gear with Vampiric Touch Set Rank (3)
  3. HP = ((19x150)+1750+1540)x1.75 = 10,745 for Vamp Touch at 3 sets
  4. Added one flat HP at 1540 (cost me one Epic and 273 Sapphire Stones)
  5. Added two elixir stones in order to have Vampiric Touch Rank 3
  6. Cast scalp twice which inflicts bleed twice

Observations:

1. 2 Observations where causing bleed healed 552 HP (552/2=276)
  2. My screenshots were over 300 so I ceased taking more. :scream:

In these observations, I inflicted bleed two times (two scalp casts) to heal the HP above.

Conclusion(s):

1. Scalp does cause 100% bleed chance when cast. :white_check_mark:
  2. Bleed from Scalp ticks once per second for 10 seconds. :white_check_mark:
  3. Vampiric Touch Set heals 1% Base HP during Bleed (not per tick). :x:
  4. Vampiric Touch Set heals 1% Base HP on each bleed tick. :x:
  5. Bleed using Vampiric Touch heals 1% on total HP. :x:
  6. Bleed heals between 276 HP and 184 HP per scalp cast regardless of total HP, Vampiric Touch Set Rank or HP stat investment. Uncertain on the meaning of 276 or 184 in all instances observed. :white_check_mark:
  7. Damage must have occurred before you cast scalp to heal from Vampiric Touch. The heal is going against prior and not current damage (hence why Condition 2 Pages 1 & 2 have warrior Wrath talent damage first). :white_check_mark:
  8. You do not have to wait for ten bleed ticks to heal. You only have to wait for bleed to occur once. :white_check_mark:
  9. Total HP, Vampiric Sets, HP Stat investment or flat HP make no difference in the heal per bleed inflicted. :white_check_mark:
  10. Overall, do not rely on healing from inflicted bleed damage when using Vampiric Touch Set for PvP. Vampiric Touch is great to increase HP and bleed damage but it also disables any HP Regen affixes (Druidic Bonus will not work). :white_check_mark:
  11. Half way thru most of you started reading Blah Blah Blah. :white_check_mark:
10 Likes

what if you use Harmony+MP Regen? with Vamp Touch? surely it will not work.

1 Like

Based on my memory, that solution should work. :white_check_mark:

4 Likes

Very well said sir @Mr_Scooty

1 Like

@Mr_Scooty well, I learned something new, if you don’t give your Test Dummy any Love, they’re going to take you out!

this answered a lot of the questions I had for Vampiric Touch Set.

Conclusion 6: the Heal from VT not only takes away your HP Regen, but Heals less than HP on Hit. well, 184 is lower, and 276 is a little higher, and from the look of things, you get the 276 Heal more often. hmm, this is for PVP, so even the 184 would be higher than HP on Hit in Arena, right?

Conclusion 8: can the VT Heal be blocked by the opponent if using 3x Perseverance? if you can’t cause Bleed, you can’t get Healed. or is it that if you cause a Bleed, you get the Heal even though the opponent isn’t affected by Bleed? this one has been on my mind for a long time.

although this Analysis makes Vampiric Touch less appealing to me for the Arena, it has given me a few ideas for Builds in PVE. a Vampiric Touch + Blood Magic + Masochism + Demonic + Inferno + Momentum + Crushing Flames + Defiant + Fire & Blistering type of Build for Wizard.

5 Likes

As always your analytic is way beyond our expectation. Keep it up @Mr_Scooty. :+1:

1 Like

The test dummy can absolutely kill you. It’s quite funny when you’re not expecting it to occur.

I needed to conduct this analysis since I was not 100% certain when I stated what I thought should occur during Bleed DoT using VT in a prior thread. I was wrong in that statement and needed to conduct the research to determine what should occur, henceforth this thread. I digressed. :dizzy_face:

Heal from VT occurs once per inflicted bleed. In the thread scenario, I use scalp to inflict bleed. Scalp has a cool down of 3 seconds, so you could inflict bleed every three seconds or approximately 10 times in one arena round (rounds last 30 seconds). Using Vampiric Touch heal you could heal between (276x10 to 184x10) or 2,760 to 1,840 per round using Vampiric alone given the results in the thread.

HP on hit occurs with each Hit/Collision. If using Cyan HP on hit gaining ~250 HP (PvP - cannot remember exact conversion) from each collision then ponder the scenario I provide below. A lot of rounds can have between 20 (or much less) to 100 hits in a single round that you participate. Therefore, if you have HP on hit 250, then you could heal between (100x250 to 20x250) or 25,000 to 5,000 healed from your hits. However, you would want to optimize your 6 cyan combinations and this is intended to only be an illustrative point.

You should still heal the 276 to 184 HP per inflicted bleed regardless of full perseverance. Bleed DoT still shows even if it’s zero and it is inflicted albeit reduced.

Inferno :fire::fire::fire::fire::fire:might have a nice home in the PvE craft you briefly mention^^

6 Likes

Thank you @FairyTail and @PaNgaHazZz. I try to help the community without being prescriptive. We still haven’t scratched the surface of all the possible combinations. :eye::eye:

3 Likes

Any information shared can led to great discoveries. If only I’m good at explaining things I will try and contribute to. But good job. Keep it up @Mr_Scooty.

1 Like

I thought of Inferno, but I couldn’t remember the name of the Set, thanks for the mention! added it to the post. now that I am looking at it, it looks like the Crushing Flames Build I wanted to make when I made my first and second Crushing Flames Builds. I wanted to use the four CF items as the base of the build, but a lot of the affixes got in the way, so the build did good for a bunch of floors, and then it started slowing down. Momentum could be replaced by something else if needed, and Inferno if you really wanted to, but the rest of the list looks too good to give up. guess I need to get a paper and pencil and start working on crafting the Wizard.

2 Likes

There is im still cofused… If the scalp skill can able to use with exposed mythic skill… lol

1 Like

@Golem

You cannot beat Pencil and Paper.

You can rough out ideas quickly and you can throw them out just as fast. I do most of my crafts with only pencil and paper.

4 Likes

I have not tested this patch, therefore I do not know.

3 Likes

Okay i will test it. But i need to finish my hdr build now.:sweat_smile: so many idea on my head i dont know what is first what is second!:rofl::rofl::crazy_face::crazy_face:

2 Likes

i need to buy a pencil lol

2 Likes

I could draw mind maps to create builds

2 Likes

@FairyTail don’t do the second idea first, or the HDR Build will only be half way finished!

@dickwad :pencil2: + :bulb: + :scroll: = :mage: here is a pencil, paper, and an idea to get your build started!

Mind Map: :memo: + :brain: = :brain::world_map:

4 Likes

6 Likes

That book is like codex🤣

3 Likes

I watched the video for 3 hours to see how long it takes for him to finish looking at the documents, but then I got tired and went to sleep.

2 Likes