Welcome to the Dungeon Quest forums! We'd love your feedback

Hello Dungeon Questers!

The beta version of game is finally out on Google Play ( iPhone hopefully very soon ) and we’re extremely excited for everyone to try it out and if you can, let us know what you think! We’re very open to feedback, suggestions, and will address any bugs/glitches as fast as possible.

We are extremely responsive and can reach us easily on here, twitter ( @DungeonQuest_SB ), or even reddit at reddit.com/r/DungeonQuest/.

Welcome to our forums and hope you enjoy Dungeon Quest!! :smiley:

Store Link

Hello,

My feedback :

• Since this update i have lags all times and significally more when im fighting ( I have a Samsung Galaxy Ace ; Android 2.3.3 ).

• Why reduced the sell price of all items ? And dont tell it in the changelog (or i dont see it, idk) . Now i sell an item iLvl 80 for 800 golds for around 2000 golds before the update.

• I cant try the warrior because an additionnal slot is not free, so i ask if it will be possible to add a slot for free.

• You reduced the sizes of the letters, why ? it was good before.

• “Features 4 new main hand weapons, Axe, Sword, Mace, and Lance, and two off hand weapons, Shield and Horn.”
    All this weapons are for the warrior ? Because i dont loot it with my wizard.

I will post an other feedback if i have other things to say in future.

Thanks you for this great game !!! I love my wizard :smiley: lvl 74 :smile:

Hiya!

• Since this update i have lags all times and significally more when im fighting ( I have a Samsung Galaxy Ace ; Android 2.3.3 ).
    We’ll look into that, haven’t noticed any significant FPS decrease in the other devices we’ve tested

• Why reduced the sell price of all items ? And dont tell it in the changelog (or i dont see it, idk) . Now i sell an item iLvl 80 for 800 golds for around 2000 golds before the update.
    Hmm, haven’t changed the sell price of items. The price is dependent on number of affixes and item level, but the price shouldn’t have been changed, so will look at that too!

• I cant try the warrior because an additionnal slot is not free, so i ask if it will be possible to add a slot for free.
    We totally understand but that 1 dollar for an extra slot helps support us tremendously ( we’re a very small indie company ), and gets rid of ads! We like to think we give a ton of content for free right now, and won’t put a pay gate anywhere to stop you progressing one full character all the way to 99. However, at some point we may unlock an extra slot for free when we release other new classes, but haven’t set anything in stone yet.

• You reduced the sizes of the letters, why ? it was good before.
    The only letters we’ve reduced should have been on item names and some affixes, to make room for some of the bigger names we’ve thrown in. Hope those names aren’t too small!

• “Features 4 new main hand weapons, Axe, Sword, Mace, and Lance, and two off hand weapons, Shield and Horn.”
    All this weapons are for the warrior ? Because i dont loot it with my wizard.
    Yeah those are for the warrior. :smile:

Thank you very much for the feedback! Hope you find some Legend items :smile:

1 Like

Lol i hope its a bug, see this screenshot :

hpics.li/1a76839

DPS like an item iLvl 20 and more MP cost than an item iLvl 98 ? Its a joke ?

Mana cost has been updated to grow a bit more as the item level goes up, so that mana value does seem right assuming it’s a newly found item. ( Don’t worry though, your Wizard now has much more mana regen )

The damage value does seem a bit low, though the attack speed might have been nerfed ( will have to check ) which would reduce new orb’s DPS number. It will still do the same amount of initial damage, just the “DPS” shown is lower.

Ah ok i understand now, thank you for explain to me. Its not a problem for the mana, i have unlimited with mana leech, i only signalize it.

We did make one pretty awesome (we think anyway) change to the wizard items: The Skull. Before it was just a bomb, but now when you use it, your wizard will drop a skull that fires at nearby enemies for you. You can drop up to 3 of them, and it is great to see three skulls shooting at enemies as they walk toward your wizard!

Try it out and let us know what you think of it, and thanks for your comments!!

Hello,

I’ like to give a first impression and some feedback after playing DQ for a few hours.

First of all: good job!
You to hit the nail on the head with this one. All core mechanics of a dungeon crawler are there and even more important: the gameplay itself feels right. Smooth movement, intuitive and comprehensible combat system and a rather forgiving difficulty increase. The main part of the game certainly doesn’t feel like a beta. There is still room for a lot of content, tweaks and improvement (partly already announced as planned; i.e. item slots, character classes, etc.) but the basics are promising.

I’ll just list a few things I noticed so far:

General stuff

[ul]
[li]Combat system
I like the weapon design; the classes all feel different and useful. Different combinations of main and offhand weapons offer a nice variety of attack patterns and tactics. Try to keep this concept when adding new content (i.e. item classes) and watch the balancing. I already saw some rather spectacular damage values on some combinations in this forum. Overall it’s good stuff; just keep an eye on it. :wink:[/li]
[li]Performance
While the game runs smoothly most of the time there are some occasional lags; especially when quest are updated (barrels, gold find, etc.). No major complaints though.[/li]
[li]IAPs
When done right I consider micropayments a valid option to generate income. The available purchases in DQ seem fair to me. There is a lot of apps out there with the sole purpose of urging the player to pay for mediocre, rehashed content and thus damage the reputation of IAPs. Here it’s done right though. There is no need to spend increasing sums of money during progress but a few bucks will make the players life more comfortable and offer more character slots. I hope you keep this general direction; I surely won’t mind paying a few cents for a new character class if the game is maintained well. :smile:[/li][/ul]

Bugs/glitches:

[ul]
[li]Force close
Occurrence: extremely rarely
Happened one time in about a week so far. App force closed while in the background. No further consequences noticed.[/li]
[li]Items/enemies outside boundaries
Occurrence: very rare
Happened a few times on different stages. An item dropped by a killed enemy lands well outside of the accessible area and can’t be picked up. Most times an item is close to the border it’s possible to pick it up by “scraping” the border of the obstacle - rarely this won’t work.
This happened with live enemies but even less often (one or two times so far); they seemed to have already spawned “outside” as they were full health.
Suggestion: As items already seem to bounce back when hitting the map border maybe this can be tweaked a bit.[/li]
[li]Stuck attack button
Occurrence: rare
Seems to be a known bug so I’ll keep it short:
Sometimes the main weapon is triggered non-stop without any input from the player. Seems to happen more often after attacking for while and so far only when actually hitting enemies. Can be canceled by opening any menu (player menu, merchant, pause menu) or switching the app to the background.[/li][/ul]

???

[ul]
[li]“Level up” message gets repeated with every notification
Occurrence: always
As I’m not sure if this is a bug or a feature I listed it separately.
The “Level up” notification is repeatedly shown (animation from the center of the screen) along with any other message (i.e. “Found item”). Not always useful when fighting a horde of enemies and collecting a bunch of items in the process. No big deal but could be changed. [/li][/ul]

Suggestions

[ul]
[li]Item management
The default “sort” (by rarity, level) could be changed to a customisable one (weapon class, level, element, etc.). In a 4 slot inventory this would be a great help.[/li]
[li]Ingame help
A little bit more information about weapon affixes and their mechanics (and all other aspects come to think of it) in some sort of ingame help would be nice. Sure, a lot of the stuff is self-explanatory (i.e. +DMG), but with some others I can only guess (Thorns, Torrent, etc.). Sometimes it can be interesting figuring such things out by oneself but nonetheless more documentation would be appreciated.[/li]
[li]Rotating minimap
The minimap works fine but would be even better with an option to toggle auto-rotation to match the characters moving direction.[/li]
[li]Larger maps
While the available dungeons are the perfect size for a casual run it would be nice to have a few longer ones (maybe ~10 minutes average instead of ~4-5). Not necessarily as regular stages (so these still are all suited for casual play) but in some different game mode. Just a thought though.[/li][/ul]

None of the bugs above are serious and the suggestions made are just minor details.
As I guess the design and artwork is still in progress I won’t say much here. While the game looks good right now, it still feels a bit sterile or empty at times (mainly the environment). I’ll just wait what the next updates will look like.

Device & app version

[ul]
[li]Device: Nexus 7 (original firmware)[/li]
[li]App version: 1.10[/li][/ul]

To sum it up:
Keep up the good work!
You already provided a solid game with much better quality and gaming experience than many competitors. Good luck at getting even better!

Regards!

1 Like

Very awesome feedback newjoker, thank you so much!

To address your suggestions:
[ul][li]Sort - When we get to this, we’d likely do something like you press Sort multiple times until you get your desired sort settings. We lack room for detailed settings in the Inventory screen so getting all the features we want in there is difficult, not to say we can’t do it, but it’s just something we struggle with.[/li]
[li]Ingame Help - Totally agree. Something we’re doing in this next patch is a “Detail Item Dialog” which is a full screen version of the small item panel that shows your weapon’s stats. There we will have a much more detailed description of the Item’s skill, specific information, and item affix descriptions. We’re also heavily overhauling our stats page to be a lot more detailed. On top of this, we’re hoping to get our website a lot more detail, w/ a mobile version to make browsing on device easier. [/li]
[li]Rotating Minimap - We want this too, but our implementation made rotating difficult. Will have to find more time to devote to this. [/li]
[li]Larger Maps - This is coming in a patch or two, with Challenge Maps ( A lot like torchlight 2’s / path of exile’s maps ). The plan is to use these to do all the crazy, fun, and challenging version of Dungeon Maps that we’ve always wanted to do, but fitting them within normal gameplay would have otherwise been a bit jarring.[/li][/ul]

1 Like

You’re welcome!

Btw, it’s a good thing seeing a responsive development team. As I said before the suggestion above are minor cosmetics and in no way important issues.

Just an idea: I instinctively tried to press and hold the sort button; maybe a delayed dropdown menu “sort by…”? Wouldn’t take up more screen space but include all options. Maybe even add a default select in the options menu.

[quote][/li]
[li]Ingame Help - Totally agree. Something we’re doing in this next patch is a “Detail Item Dialog” which is a full screen version of the small item panel that shows your weapon’s stats. There we will have a much more detailed description of the Item’s skill, specific information, and item affix descriptions. We’re also heavily overhauling our stats page to be a lot more detailed. On top of this, we’re hoping to get our website a lot more detail, w/ a mobile version to make browsing on device easier.
[/quote]

Sounds great. An item dialog is even more attractive than ‘just’ a general context help. +1

[quote][/li]
[li]Rotating Minimap - We want this too, but our implementation made rotating difficult. Will have to find more time to devote to this.
[/quote]

If it’s too time consuming I’d say drop it. With an easy way to implement it would be a nice-to-have but nothing more.

[quote][/li]
[li]Larger Maps - This is coming in a patch or two, with Challenge Maps ( A lot like torchlight 2’s / path of exile’s maps ). The plan is to use these to do all the crazy, fun, and challenging version of Dungeon Maps that we’ve always wanted to do, but fitting them within normal gameplay would have otherwise been a bit jarring.[/li][/ul][/quote]

Again: sounds good! The option for a longer game without changing the present casual nature of the ‘normal’ gameplay.

Thanks for the quick reply,
regards!

Reroll stats for Legend item is really 300k gold ???

With Explosive staff the meteorite dont work, the meteorite appear but dont do any damage (I have Casslastrophy)

PS : with this update my casslastrophy do 19 324 damage lol :smiley:

Yup! Legend reroll prices have been bumped up pretty dramatically. We want to encourage you to find new ones, and not keep the same one forever, but still have an option for high rollers to update if they’d like.

If meteor is not doing any damage at all that’s a problem for sure! Is that only on Casslastrophy or is it all staffs?

Bonus feature is that the weapons now show their “true” DPS a bit better, so in essence your staff always did that much damage, but now we’re doing a better job of communicating it.

The game feels slower than the last update…

I mean the teleport delay is bigger, movement if the character is slow nd overall the map is bigger. The big maps are a good thing but moving through it so slowly, it gets boring quick.

Nd please fix the druids’ (and the all the enemies that fires bolts) auto aiming… I mean after you teleport the druid fires their bolt at where excatly you teleport at, while looking at a different direction. (If you get what I mean)… It’s very annoying with the teleport delay… It makes it impossible to dodge the enemy bolts after each teleports.

Other than that the update was amazing… cool new stuff nd more challenging. :smile:

[quote=“SteigerBox”]Yup! Legend reroll prices have been bumped up pretty dramatically. We want to encourage you to find new ones, and not keep the same one forever, but still have an option for high rollers to update if they’d like.

If meteor is not doing any damage at all that’s a problem for sure! Is that only on Casslastrophy or is it all staffs?

Bonus feature is that the weapons now show their “true” DPS a bit better, so in essence your staff always did that much damage, but now we’re doing a better job of communicating it.[/quote]

Yes, I have just try all the elements and meteorite dont do damage. But the first (only the first) meteorite with shock staff have worked.

Edit : two times, there were not any monsters in floor (only the epic monster)

ahah i love my Robes of R’Hllor who have 99,5% thorns xD

We’re looking at the no monsters bug, a tricky bug to find!

<3 Robes of R’Hllor

Hi all,
I got a suggestion for u guys.

I got an warrior and when i use my iLvl 21 sword skill - “Throw Weapon”, the sword cross the limits of the level and the walls inside the level too… This mean that i can kill monsters that are in the other side of a wall :stuck_out_tongue:
i don’t think this is correctly :smile:… if the sword collide with a wall it should stop…
Dont know if it’s a bug, that’s because i said that i got a suggestion hahaha

And this one is a bug i think, when i killed the Yeti boss i was very close to the wall, and the itens and gold dropped inside the wall so i couldn’t get them =/…

btw congratulations for the nice game, if i find more bugs i will come back hahaha :smiley:

Thanks for the heads up!

1. I thought I had caught all the instances of “thrown weapons” traveling outside the world. We will lock that down!

2. The wall thing…yea we have been dealing with this issue all through development. We have made it MUCH better than it used to be and we will see if we can continue to make it better.

Thanks very much for your post, we love to hear from our fans and THANK YOU for your support.

Nice fix, the game is less laggy and the meteor works !

New problem : The identify price of all the AR items is around 700/900, that’s ok, but : the sell price is around 250/400, there is a problem no ? :wink: ( Other bug with that : we can sell the items for the identify price (without identify the item))

The new ranking system dont work i think.

Other : Can you explain me what is glasscanon because im not sure to understand the description in the game. And give me an example please ( i have 50% glasscanon )

Huzzah! :smile:

What problem with the Ranking system are you seeing specifically?

Will look at the AR item prices when selling!

Glasscannon % raises your total damage and reduces your total health.