When you were new to Dungeon Quest

…what parts of the game were hard to understand or figure out?

Did you not know how to equip items?
Did you understand how to use potions and where to buy them?
When did you first use your stat points?
etc

We’re putting together a tutorial right now for new players and want to make sure we cover everything possible.

Thanks for any feedback and insight :smile:

As for me, when I started DQ i really got hooked its really easy to pick up. How to move, fire, skills and the likes.
Just got confused on talents and set items but in time I got the hang of it.
The dictionary actually helped a lot.
Maybe we can add how to craft items and use crystals n mythstones. Because thats what I need to tell my new colleagues who i influence to play DQ. :wink:

I had little to no problems, but then I’ve been a gamer since Pong in the early 70’s lol.

But my suggestion would be stating a “suggestion” on what stat points for which class as well as explaining talents, skills, natures and affixes in detail. Not the indevidual effects, but what each catagory does and how they effect items and the character.

Evolution or Extinxtion

Ryim 99 Rogue
RyimScaith 81 Warrior
Rym 61 Wizard
Riym 58 Rogue

The talent system definitely needed explanation – i had to figure it out myself cuz site was outdated (and still is), and there was no in-game help.
I also didnt realize til like a 2-3 weeks ago that xp is split unevenly amongst hirelings of different levels – the higher level gets more experience (actually, to be truthful, I thought the xp wasnt split.)
Finally, it wasnt til i started playing actively again that i realized that Luck, Gold Find, and Item Quantity numbers was the average of the two when using Hirelings (I assumed it was calculated separately per character or added together.)

Other things that may be difficult or frequent questions:
How MS/CS work
How Mythic Items work
How the Hero System Work
What is EHP (cant remember if dictionary covers this)
Why are some monsters colored different / what is an affix
How do you activate stuff (though it tells you when your nearby)
How is the item level cap calculated / Is there a limit on what you can equip at a given level
What are random maps / Cartographers; How do you find one
How does the account system work (to be truthful, I think a lot of forumers are clueless on this one too…)
What are pets / How do you get one
Do Vanity Items give stats
What are skills / What is an off-hand weapon
What do each class excel at / what are the limitations on each class
Why does DQ not have a multiplayer mode / Why does DQ not have feature xyz
What is a legend item / Are legends obselete
What rarity are act bosses considered as (actually, I’m interested in this one myself)
Why do I pay more to buy feature xyz than what your price tag is (for those who dont know, its tax)
What affixes tend to work better offensively / defensively
What are hirelings / How do you use the Hireling System / What are the downsides to using a hireling

and probably a lot more, but I think I’ve said enough :wink:

+1 Ircher that was pretty thorough… the only thing I would add is in cartographer maps the green dot doesn’t take you to the next floor… at first I thought it was a bug or something

I still don’t know the difference between +2 all skills and +2 all talents. Really don’t get +2 extra attack vs multi shot, either. I just get +2 all sets(twice) and as much of everything else as I can.

At first, I think it took a lot of time to figure out what skills did and how to change them was toughest

TALENTS!!

It seems many players don’t understand them.

I personally have at least three unawsered posts on the such subject.

[quote=“Bole Aganja”]I still don’t know the difference between +2 all skills and +2 all talents. Really don’t get +2 extra attack vs multi shot, either. I just get +2 all sets(twice) and as much of everything else as I can.

At first, I think it took a lot of time to figure out what skills did and how to change them was toughest[/quote]
+2 all skill is for MH/OH skills like whirlwind, sprint, etc. You can see this in the hero tab :wink:
+2 all talent is for gear’s talents like Frenzy, Harden, Bloodbath, etc.

i like what ircher said

How does the account system work (to be truthful, I think a lot of forumers are clueless on this one too…)

-> still don’t know about this one

-> there should be pictures on the description or small gif animation for us to know what skills are good, rather than the epic trial and error :I

-> imo, warrior’s talent tree is better than the two
wizard’s skill set is better than the rest
while rouge’s normal attack are more unique and fun than the rest (e.g. guided shot, ricochet, boomerang)

-> loads of affixes to try and experiment…
this is the strongest point of the game… :smile:

added suggestion

there should be pictures of the crystal and mythstone in the legendex… :smile:
what are the current caps you can make for the affixes? makes me wonder since the cap is really outdated
there should be a picture in the tutorial to identify what nature is, set affix, legend affix, crystal affix, normal and epic affix is… so it’ll be easier for newbie like me to identify what affixes actually are
list of affixes you can get through topaz, ruby, etc etc
what are considered projectiles? what is bolt? thrown object?
should i use living force on my arrow? since its projectile?

that’s all i can think of at the moment though :laughing:

early last year i started with wizard, got to floor 20, got gauntlet, threw nados, HOLYMFBBQ! cc and dps? pls (i think that time twisters had max targets cap. still broken AF for crowd control(cc)). got ice element gauntlet, sh…t it got better. year later still rocking the permafrost-glscannon-empower-manatank build.

u guys made agreat game, looking forward to another great year of DQ

[quote=“Ircher”]The talent system definitely needed explanation – i had to figure it out myself cuz site was outdated (and still is), and there was no in-game help.
I also didnt realize til like a 2-3 weeks ago that xp is split unevenly amongst hirelings of different levels – the higher level gets more experience (actually, to be truthful, I thought the xp wasnt split.)
Finally, it wasnt til i started playing actively again that i realized that Luck, Gold Find, and Item Quantity numbers was the average of the two when using Hirelings (I assumed it was calculated separately per character or added together.)

Other things that may be difficult or frequent questions:
How MS/CS work
How Mythic Items work
How the Hero System Work
What is EHP (cant remember if dictionary covers this)
Why are some monsters colored different / what is an affix
How do you activate stuff (though it tells you when your nearby)
How is the item level cap calculated / Is there a limit on what you can equip at a given level
What are random maps / Cartographers; How do you find one
What are pets / How do you get one
Do Vanity Items give stats
Why does DQ not have a multiplayer mode / Why does DQ not have feature xyz
What is a legend item / Are legends obselete
What rarity are act bosses considered as (actually, I’m interested in this one myself)
Why do I pay more to buy feature xyz than what your price tag is (for those who dont know, its tax)

and probably a lot more, but I think I’ve said enough :wink:[/quote]

+1, well said… only thing missed here is how to use the hireling system.

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk

Oh! Thanks z

A tutorial like every games in which you’ve things to do to unlock the next step :
“Move on the map”
“Open your bag”
“Equip a weapon”
etc

would be kind of cool if there were a prolouge…

indicating that there’s somehow a cheesy generic story before ep 1 floor 1

like how the world was ruled by 4 beast, it’s now your duty to save the world blahblahblah…

while on the prolouge…

all that tutorial thing would be there… mmmhm?

[quote=“newb_player”]would be kind of cool if there were a prolouge…

indicating that there’s somehow a cheesy generic story before ep 1 floor 1

like how the world was ruled by 4 beast, it’s now your duty to save the world blahblahblah…

while on the prolouge…

all that tutorial thing would be there… mmmhm?[/quote]
Or that somebody stole your princess, and you need to get her back! Of course, you find out that your princess is on another level. :wink:

I think that a basic tutorial coupled with even the smallest of backstory would be really nice. The things that got me were all the different terms, but the dictionary really helps with that now. For example I kept getting skills and talents confused, and I couldn’t figure out just wtf natures were, things like that.

Thanks for the feedback so far :smile:

It seems that most of you understood the basics well enough, but a lot of the later concepts are unexplained ( which hopefully the new codex helped with some ).

what’s a talent tree 1?
what is the difference of it on talent tree 2 and 3?
why can’t i get 40 on my heroic skill?

guess these are addition to a newb’s question

[quote=“Rubik”]Or that somebody stole your princess, and you need to get her back! Of course, you find out that your princess is on another level. :wink:
That was epic !!! :laughing:

[quote=“newb_player”]what’s a talent tree 1?
what is the difference of it on talent tree 2 and 3?
why can’t i get 40 on my heroic skill?

guess these are addition to a newb’s question[/quote][/quote]
Talent tree one All Chanpions
Talent tree two All Defenders
Talent tree three All Berserkers
Legend affixes

Legend affix +2 all skills x6 + weapon+offhand +4 all skills x2 + 20 hero points :smile: Hard but possible :wink:

According to this thread shinyboxgames.com/NewSite/ph … =31&t=1695

I think we need to put some more explanations on the list.

• What’s quality?
  • What’s the benefit of having high quality?
  • What’s affix?
  • What’s normal/epic/legend/crystal affix?
  • What’s talent?
  • What’s nature?
  • What’s primary/special skill?

[quote=“zzvilzz”]According to this thread Is there a link to explanations of cyrstals?

I think we need to put some more explanations on the list.

• What’s quality?
  • What’s the benefit of having high quality?
  • What’s affix?
  • What’s normal/epic/legend/crystal affix?
  • What’s talent?
  • What’s nature?
  • What’s primary/special skill?[/quote]

would really love to see the current overall cap on that codex :I
and the cap you could get for each affix…
e.g. epic affix dodge can only have 10% at max