Yes! I feel truly no1 and top 3 is wizard warfare

Looks like new build comin up to make a really good defensive AI with similsr concept. Depends actually.

No I see your point. But my view is you aren’t really fighting a Stand Out “Player”. Basically, the Stand Out guy or gal that I can’t beat just has better gear and a better set up. It has nothing do with that person being stand out.

I’ll simply use Clogon and Fate as examples as they are the only two I can’t beat in game currently. (Or haven’t) Both of them have optimal gear with a Blind / Fear / Taunt sequence that I can’t beat because I don’t have all the immunes yet an the optimal gear as I haven’t been playing for years. It has nothing with them being stand out or better players. They just have better gear. If both of us was being controlled by our own self then you’d be 100% correct. But having an Computer Animated Character that you have set up with the top gear and skills do fighting for you doesn’t make that person better or stand out. That’s just the way I see it.

But, I just don’t give too much credit to this PVP area anymore when there is so many cheaters currently in game ruining the battle arena. I am losing faith in this company keeping this game honest. Hard to even play anymore.

It doesn’t matter in the end. There are always going to be bandwagoners and people using the “best” builds. Since Clogon has proven to have a steadfast arena Def, everyone is now copying it.

People will always go to the builds that capitalize on the games imbalances. Immunities being one of the biggest roles in pvp doesn’t give a taunt immune. That being said, aftermath is going to be one of the best builds because the meteors somewhat auto target, they have taunt, go hand in hand with shatter for cd reset, and it is easy to get a meteor procs and extra attacks to amp them up.

I really feel like the only boss arena defense, once you get the immunities and the Ai mechanics under your thumb, is Emmans.

I was goofing off yesterday and spent a ton of crystals making pvp builds for all 3 classes. I used a very quickly crafted aftermath mage, chakram living force/cosmic orb rogue, and a blinkstrike bleed warrior. I found majority of the enemies were easy to overcome after a few rounds of fighting them, except Emman. I was doing all of this without putting vanish on my offhands but everything else was mostly crafted/mythics. All that being said, I still don’t have any interest in climbing to #1 spot because I feel it is just the proof of your pvp grinding abilities.

I don’t think there should be all of this secrecy over builds. If you feel like you can hold the number one spot when everyone has the builds at their disposal then start making them public. This would largely depend on your Ai settings so that is where the focus should be. At this point, once you craft a build that can hold its own against the top contenders then it is just a competition of who grinds arena the most. Kudos if that is what you want; but to fleetingly hold the number 1 spot for a few hours before you have to come back and grind arena (same 10 people over and over) to gain that spot back is silly to me.

For everyone that hasn’t broken into eternal league yet, the secret: damage, vanish/stealth, a few immunes (I made it to eternal without vanish and only had blind immune), and a way to either close the distance quickly (if melee) or guideshot/meteor if not melee.
The key to getting to top ranks: damage, VANISH/ stealth, immunities (fear can be overlooked for 90% over the opponents), taunt, overload (and hope you get lucky with overload procs).
Most of the fights are over within a vanish duration, which you can increase if you deem worthy of it.

One last food for thought idea, how can you consider yourselves “the best” at the game or pvp when the ratio of time spent playing is largely uneven across the board. We all know that most points are gained, in arena, while actually playing (Player > than ai most of the time). Therefore, there might be many people in eternal league that just don’t have the time to grind up to the top in their win/loss ratios. There could be several people like CuzegSpiked that only focus on offense but they just have a fraction of his time to play.

Tl; dr: cheaters are bad. Arena is taken too seriously. People are too concerned with who made the builds, being “number 1” in an unbalanced/ skewed system, bandwagoners are bad but in reality they are only bandwagoning because there are so few effective builds; and guess what (!!!?), they have already been found so there isn’t much left to create, whine/complain/who cares. It’s a game!

Yeah, I mentioned that point in another thread about the builds. It is what it is…

I think the reason Arena is taken seriously is because it is the only other thing to do in this game besides farm Map X over and over. When cheaters ruin that aspect then farming Map X is the ONLY thing to do.

Oh well… I’ll try again in a few days.

Somegimes, I just play for not very long in arena and get no1 in no time usually. I beginning to get bored of arena now but all I am doing is farming and I need to create crazy build at some point in 2.1 . The problem with the endgame is that you get very bored easily and there’s nothing much you can do except what… build crazy builds!?

Even if you got a game breaking or really powerful build, you are still gonna be bored and quitting this game will soon be an inevitabliliy for me at some point.

It depends on how deal with it. Keep enjoying the game or let yourself get bored :smile:

I think they probably haven’t been found. However, the amount of time it takes to farm crystals and base items makes experimenting completely impractical for all but the most die-hard players.

1 Like