Dictionary

So I’ve been working on a in-game dictionary for the next update ( 1.6.1 ), and thought you guys might like to see it early :smile:

The goal is to bring clarity to every single stat, affix, set, effect, etc that’s not fully described in item dialogs or elsewhere.

If you happen to see anything that doesn’t make complete sense, or would like to know more about something that’s not on this list, please let me know!

Aftermath When your Meteor spell hits the ground, it has a 25% chance per rank to cast Taunt. When you cast Shatter, it has a 25% chance per rank to cast Fear. Each spell has a 25% chance per rank to reset the other spell’s cooldown.
All Resist Adds to the Resist amount of all other resists
All Set Ranks Increases the rank of all Sets that are currently active for your character
All Skill Ranks Increases the rank of all Skills that are currently active for your character
All Spell Procs Increases the chance for all Procs to trigger
All Talent Ranks Increases the rank of all Talents that are currently active for your character
AoE Means Area of Effect. Any Spell that affects an area is classified as an AoE
AoE Damage Increases the Damage of AoE spells
AoE Radius Increases the Radius of AoE spells in yards
AR Armor Rating
Area of Effect Range Increases the Radius of AoE spells in percentage
Armor Increases Armor Rating. Damage After Armor = Damage - ( Damage * ( Armor / ( Armor + 2.5 * Damage ) ) )
Armor Percent Increases Armor Rating by a percentage
Ascendent Increases All Resists by 12.5% per rank, adds 12.5% per rank to Prismatic effect ( chance to cast a random element ), and applying Arcane DMG to enemies reduces their other resists by 12.5% per rank
Astral Summoner Summoned skulls are transformed into Spirit Mages that deal 12.5% per rank increased DMG. Can summon up to 3
Attack Spd Increased overall attack speed
Battle Mage Replaces your mainhand’s skill with Warrior’s Charge and your mainhand’s special with Warrior’s Whirlwind. Adds 50% Armor per rank.
Bleed Chance Chance to cause a Bleed. Deals 100% of the Attack’s DMG to the enemy every second for 10 seconds
Bleed DMG Increases the amount of DMG that Bleed deals
Blind Chance Chance to blind an enemy, leaving them to wander aimlessly for 3 seconds
Block Increased chance to Block
Blood Magic Replaces all MP, MP Regen, and MP Leech with HP equivalents, and removes your MP bar. You know use HP to cast spells. Increases DMG by 12.5% per rank.
Buccaneer Scatter Shot’s DMG is increased by 25% per rank of your Gold Find on gear. Does not include Gold Find from bonuses or buffs.
Clearcast The chance to cast any skill for free
Cooldown The amount of time it takes for a skill to become available after casting.
Cosmic Power Adds 25% MP and MP Regen per rank. Time Warp adds 2.5% per rank of max MP to any projectile’s DMG that passes through the Time Warp
Crit Chance Increased chance of critical hits
Crit DMG Increased DMG of critical hits
Crushing Blow Chance to take 25% of enemy’s current health. This percent is reduced by 1/2 for Epic enemies and reduced by 1/4 for Bosses.
Damage Per Pierced For each time a spell pierces an enemy, it’s damage is increased
Damage Reduction Total Damage reduced
Deadly Arts Cooldowns reduced by 25% per rank of total Deadly Strike
Deadly Strike Chance to do double Critical DMG on Critical Strike
DMG Damage
Dodge Increased chance to Dodge
DoT Damage/Debuff over Time. Poison, Fire, Shock, Ice, and Ascendent all cause DoTs on enemies.
DPS Damage Per Second
Druidic Increases HP and MP Regenby 10% per rank. Adds 75% of your Total Regen (HP and MP) to Poison’s DoT DMG, per rank.
Electrified Reflect DMG is added to attacks, is applied to all surrounding enemies, and is increased by 50% per rank.
Elemental Crit / Critical Chance to cause either Freeze, Toxic, Immolate, or Paralysis
Elemental Weaken Chance to reduce enemy resists by 50%
Empty Socket Adds a slot for socketing items like Mythstones.
Experience Boost Increases the amount of Experience gained on enemy kill.
Explode on Attack Attacks have a 5% chance to cause a large explosion based off of your total Mainhand DMG
Extra Attack Chance Adds a chance for an additional attack
Faun’s Gifts Increases HP by 12.5% per rank Luck on Gear, Heals 25% resisted DMG
Fire DoT Deals 40% of the Fire Attack’s DMG to the enemy every second for 2 seconds
Freeze Chance to Freeze enemies in place with Ice attacks
Frostbiting Increased DMG done to chilled enemies
Frozen Frozen enemies create a 25% per rank Mainhand DMG explosion when killed.
Frozen Fury Summons a Frozen Fury that deals ranged damage to nearby enemies
Frozen Immune Cannot Be Frozen
Glasscannon Increases total damage and lower total HP by a percentage
Gold Find Increased Gold drop rate
Golden Veins Increases HP and DMG by 25% per rank Average Gold Find on gear
Hit Frequency The amount of times a spell hits enemies per second
HP Health Points
HP Leech Each hit replenishes HP
HP Percent Increases HP by a percentage
HP Regen The amount of HP that regenerates over 5 seconds
Ice Effect Applies a Chill effect on the enemy, slowing their movement by 50%
Iceburn While Mana Shield is active, deal 12.5% per rank Mainhand DMG to all nearby enemies
Ignore Resist Attacks ignore all enemy resists
Immolate Deals 100% of the Fire Attack’s DMG to the enemy every second for 4 seconds
Item Quantity Increases the overall amount of item drops including weapons, armor, crystals, mythstones, hp/mp orb, and gold
Knockback Chance to cause enemies to be pushed back when hit by spells
Knockback Distance The distance enemies are pushed back by spells with Knockback
Living Force All projectiles are pulled back to caster for 50% per rank DMG on return
Luck Increased rarity of items dropped
Mana Absorb Damage taken is converted into MP. This happens before any damage hits armor or resists.
MH Mainhand Weapon
Molten Fury Summons a Molten Fury that deals ranged damage to nearby enemies
Momentum All DMG dealt is increased by movement speed. Damage Increase = 12.5% per rank * Current Movement Speed ( Capped at 100% Increase )
Move Speed Increases the movement speed of your character. Has an overall cap of 100% from all movement modifying effects
MP Mana Points
MP Leech Each hit replenishes MP
MP Percent Increased percent of total MP
MP Regen Regenerates MP over 5 seconds
Multi Attack Adds additional attack for 50% DMG
OH Offhand Weapon
Overload 5% chance per rank to cast a blinding AoE when struck for 50% per rank Mainhand DMG
Paralysis Chance to stun enemies with Shock Attacks
Pathfinder Reduces DMG taken by 12.5% per rank of total Dodge
Permafrost Adds 10% Ice DMG per rank, and 7.5% DMG taken per rank is converted into to MP before you’re hit ( uses Mana Absorb stat ).
Piercing Chance The chance for spells to pass through enemies
Plagued Armor is set to 25% per rank of your current HP. Increases Poison’s DoT (Damage over time) DMG for each Enemy poisoned by 25% per rank
Poison DoT Deals 12.5% of the Poison Attack’s DMG to the enemy every second for 8 seconds
Proc Short for ‘process’ - an event triggered under particular circumstances. These circumstances are generally events like on attack, on hit, on dodge, etc.
Projectile Speed Increases the speed of projectiles
Rage Increase Armor by 12.5% per rank Crit Chance, and 0.5% per rank of Total Armor is added to Crit DMG
Rebound Chance Chance for the projectile to rebound off of enemies
Reduced Resource Cost Reduces the amount of resource ( MP, HP, Fury, Energy ) to use skills
Reflect DMG Once hit, reflects a percentage of that damage back to it’s attacker
Resist Resists Enemy DMG based on the element. Damage After Resistance = Damage - ( Damage * ( Resist / ( Resist + 0.15 * Damage ) ) )
Shock Effect Applies a 12.5% Damage Taken debuff to enemies, stacking up to 4 times for 50% total damage taken increase
Spell Duration Increases the length of time a spell stays active
Spell Size Increases the overall size of the spell
Spell Sword Converts mainhand skill into Comet, and converts mainhand special to Meteor. Increases DMG, All Resists, and Total MP% by 20% per rank of your total Dodge
Stun Chance Chance to stun an enemy for 3 seconds
Summon DMG Increased all DMG dealt by Summons
Summon HP Increased all HP of Summons
Terrashaper 7.5% chance per rank to cast EarthShatter on hit and attack
Toxic Chance to spawn a poison cloud that deals 400% of the poison DoT damage originally dealt to all enemies in the cloud
Trickster 20% Chance per rank to cast a Mirror Image when using Offhand Special
Vampiric Touch Heals 50% per rank of total Bleed DMG dealt, Increases Total HP by Bleed % and removes HP Regen
Weapon DMG % The first calculated DMG Multiplier to afffect the Weapon’s DPS
Weapon DMG + Adds DMG to the Weapon’s total DMG after DMG % is calculated.

4 Likes

Awesome! This surely will help (newer) players as well as ‘veterans’. :smile:

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (SM-N9005) using Tapatalk.

DQ: CentraLity, Mage Level 99
CentraBPM, Warrior Level 99
Main Account: Remya, Rogue Level 99

Thanks steiger, this is very helpful!!

Neat :smile:

i don’t see Assault?

I havent put in skills or talents yet

Extremely useful! But it would be even better if you provide us the cap of these stats :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m considering reusing one of the stat pages to display this, but if that doesnt work out I’ll definitely put them in this dictionary! Great suggestion :smile:

[emoji106] [emoji106] [emoji106]

Thanks, i meant to get to do something like this, but i never got to it lol!

Hi, may I request to classify those affixes like for example…

[color=#00BF40]Set Affix:[/color]
Rage -Increase Armor by 12.5% per rank Crit Chance, and 0.5% per rank of Total Armor is added to Crit DMG
Momentum - All DMG dealt is increased by movement speed. Damage Increase = 12.5% per rank * Current Movement Speed ( Capped at 100% Increase ) Permafrost - Adds 10% Ice DMG per rank, and 7.5% DMG taken per rank is converted into to MP before you’re hit ( uses Mana Absorb stat ).

[color=#40BFFF]Crystal Affix:[/color]
Crushing Blow - Chance to take 25% of enemy’s current health. This percent is reduced by 1/2 for Epic enemies and reduced by 1/4 for Bosses.
Deadly Strike - Chance to do double Critical DMG on Critical Strike
and so on?

Well, there’s another link (http://forums.dungeon-quest.com/t/dictionary-affix-descriptions/386/1) that classifies them but some were outdated :cry:
So, I’m just requesting/suggesting to organize it if it’s possible

Will have a TON of updated terms in the next update as well!

[quote=“phkroo”]Hi, may I request to classify those affixes like for example…

Rage -Increase Armor by 12.5% per rank Crit Chance, and 0.5% per rank of Total Armor is added to Crit DMG
Momentum - All DMG dealt is increased by movement speed. Damage Increase = 12.5% per rank * Current Movement Speed ( Capped at 100% Increase ) Permafrost - Adds 10% Ice DMG per rank, and 7.5% DMG taken per rank is converted into to MP before you’re hit ( uses Mana Absorb stat ).

Crushing Blow - Chance to take 25% of enemy’s current health. This percent is reduced by 1/2 for Epic enemies and reduced by 1/4 for Bosses.
and so on?

Well, there’s another link (http://forums.dungeon-quest.com/t/dictionary-affix-descriptions/386/1) that classifies them but some were outdated :cry:
So, I’m just requesting/suggesting to organize it if it’s possible [/quote]

Legend Design Contest - Patch 1.7 has a list sorted by affix rarity and is probably more up to date than the one you linked. It isn’t perfect (doesn’t include Frozen, likely other small changes between when it was posted and 1.6(.3) release(s) but still a great resource! It also lists the range for the affix so you know if you’ve rolled it high or not.

[quote=“Zierham”][quote=“phkroo”]Hi, may I request to classify those affixes like for example…

and so on?

So, I’m just requesting/suggesting to organize it if it’s possible [/quote]

Legend Design Contest - Patch 1.7 has a list sorted by affix rarity and is probably more up to date than the one you linked. It isn’t perfect (doesn’t include Frozen, likely other small changes between when it was posted and 1.6(.3) release(s) but still a great resource! It also lists the range for the affix so you know if you’ve rolled it high or not.[/quote]

I’ll create a single thread to list everything in a tab, with min and max values etc, when i’ll have enough free time :smile:

[quote=“Diieter”]
I’ll create a single thread to list everything in a tab, with min and max values etc, when i’ll have enough free time :smile:[/quote]

That would be really awesome and thank u in advance

What is the chance to receive 2.5% of mirror image proc legendary affix? like here [BUILD] Dieter - Avatar’s Patrol
Why it isn’t listed?

Outdated guide, the proc chance % changed with 1.7 release
Also, the number of avatars is now capped at 3 at the same time :smile:

[quote=“kosdon”]What is the chance to receive 2.5% of mirror image proc legendary affix? like here [BUILD] Dieter - Avatar’s Patrol
Why it isn’t listed?[/quote]
It’s pretty possible :smile:

i don’t see “cleave” . What does cleave means?

Cleave is in there. It’s a skill.