Ascension... What did you pick?

The perk says it increases the sale price by 1000%. The base sale price is 100% (if base was 0% items would sell for base price*0=0 gold). The result should thus be 100%+1000%=1100%.

This may be easier to think about using a number between 0 and 100%. If something says it increases your damage by 50%, you get 100%+50%=150% as a result. Any other method would result in a damage decrease.

You know this for sure? Or you’re just guessing based on other game mechanics?

I play on an Amazon device so I don’t have the patch and can’t know for sure how the game operates - perhaps items are selling at 20x, who knows. I do know that it should be 11 times based on the wording of the perk and that any other number means there is a bug in the code or the description.

This shouldn’t be so hard to test. Check sale price on char without the perk, then transfer it to char with the perk (through stash), and see the difference.

Harley… I don’t know why you’re nitpicking the heck out of the dealer perk but you’re wrong. The ADDITIONAL that you are getting is 10x the base amount. So if an item was worth 450 you get 4500. Not 450*11. In order to increase something by a percentage you need a base amount.

1 Like

Then the wording should say increases by 900%! Base is 100% by definition.

But yeah. Small difference.

Let’s look at at this way
Dealer: Increased gold value from selling items by 1000%

If the sentence truly follows its meaning then the formula should be,
Base price + [Base price(10)] = New Selling Price

Why? Because if we look at it this way

Increased gold value from selling items by 100%
Base price + [Base price(1)] = New Selling Price

Increased gold value from selling items by 200%
Base price + [Base price(2)] = New Selling Price

Increased gold value from selling items by 300%
Base price + [Base price(3)] = New Selling Price

Increased gold value from selling items by 400%
Base price + [Base price(4)] = New Selling Price

Increased gold value from selling items by 500%
Base price + [Base price(5)] = New Selling Price

Increased gold value from selling items by 600%
Base price + [Base price(6)] = New Selling Price

Increased gold value from selling items by 700%
Base price + [Base price(7)] = New Selling Price

Increased gold value from selling items by 800%
Base price + [Base price(8)] = New Selling Price

Increased gold value from selling items by 900%
Base price + [Base price(9)] = New Selling Price

Increased gold value from selling items by 1000%
Base price + [Base price(10)] = New Selling Price

… And that should be equal to,
Base price(11) = New Selling Price

1 Like

Please take note that this is the most crucial part lol

1 Like

No one except @ktl09 apparently knows math on the forum.

lol I just would like to prove what @HarleyM said here

Ikr. Dealer perk is extremely simple to understand. 1000% means anything ×10 . 100×1000%=1000 gold. Also if they sell a bag of items worth 17k, 17k×1000%=170k gold!

The maths is so simple that I knew I was right before the update came out.

How could these people not know! Dealer is a really good perk for sure and I am glad that was my first ever perk. Its a good perk to start out but fortunate probably a better one to start off with then dealer. Either way, they are really good perks to start off with.

No Cuzeg, it’s x11. It says in the perk description “increased by”, not “increased to” or “set to”.

100 base price increased by 100% = 200 (100 x 2)
100 base price increased by 200% = 300 (100 x 3)
100 base price increased by 300% = 400 (100 x 4)
100 base price increased by 400% = 500 (100 x 5)
100 base price increased by 500% = 600 (100 x 6)
100 base price increased by 600% = 700 (100 x 7)
100 base price increased by 700% = 800 (100 x 8)
100 base price increased by 800% = 900 (100 x 9)
100 base price increased by 900% = 1000 (100 x 10)
100 base price increased by 1000% = 1100 (100 x 11)

Are you serious! Increased by means ×1000% . Also I know how 1000% works in maths. Base price is 100. Increased by 1000% at default simply means 100×10. I know bwcause I have sold stuff countless times.

If it was 10×11, then if i sold 17k, 17k×11=187000 which is not true in dq gameplay. Why did i explain if people gonna go against me. FML .

Enshrined increase by means ×300% then add that 300% onto the base.Say for example you have 25% exp boost shrine, 25×300%=75 then 25+75=100% exp boost.

The difference is dealer doesn’t add the 1000% to it, the base is simply multiplied by 1000% and thats it. Maybe i am wrong about what I said but from my experience , it doesn’t look like its 1100%. Oh well, can we stop aruging about dealer.

Actually it is only about how to interpret the sentence.

You may be right but we may also be.

If you actually judge it grammatically its should be x11

We are just saying that it should be x11 if going accordance to the real meaning of Dealer.

If it would be ever x10 then that just means that DQ might got the sentence wrong.

No need to be hostile

And the theoretical statement that I posted should be very easy to understand.

EDIT: But of course, I might also be wrong about my understanding lol since English is not my native language

Indeed, Cuzeg is correct in terms of how Dealer works. Just tested this and Dealer increases sell value TO 1000% of the base price. So the Dealer description is, say, grammatically incorrect :smiley:

I’ve seen this thread a few times before, but I never bothered to check this since the difference is negligible and this is the most useless perk for me.

Although strictly speaking, going by the description, 1000% is x11. It should be 900%, or modified to “set to” or “increased to” 1000%. :smiley:

PEACE! :v:

1 Like

Sorry about that. Apology accepted :slight_smile:

I got dealer and started again at level on with my mage. I’m not seeing my items going for a higher price when playing. They seem to go for the same price. Does it kick in after I hit level 99?

This only works for the character with dealer perk. Also low level items aren’t worth anything.

I picked Dealer, great pick up my
my in game wallet before :sob:
my in game wallet after :heart_eyes:
oh yeah guys, this is out of the place, i want to confirm; if you have a attack speed affix let say on your main hand would it affect your off hand’s attack speed too?

plz answer have a nice day:smile_cat:

That is going to be totally dependent on what your off hand item is.