Feature Preview - Crystals

You can’t imagine how many times this was the case for my projects and when we go live… BOOM… urgent patches to develop overtime :ugeek:

I have to say that all these things being put up as next update stuff look awesome. As I have recently hit a point with my first character (Level 85 Mage) where nothing can touch me, and also purchased a second character slot to play the Rogue, this looks awesome.

I have had issues finding things with the right kind of abilities affixed for my Rogue, so it’ll be amazing for all this to come in.

This is going to be awesome :smiley:

A few quick questions regarding some of the Crystals:

What exactly is an item’s “Nature”?

Special skill? Is this referring to the “secondary” attack of a weapon?

If I understand correctly, Sockets occupy the same “space” as affixes. Is there a way to remove a socket, so that an affix may be added instead? (Will adding an affix over the top of a Socket do this)?

Is the Socketable returned to the user, or destroyed?

Is the Socketable returned to the user, or destroyed?[/quote]

Destroyed

Yep

Can sapphire change the legend or set affix?

Nope, just normal and epic affixes right now. It’s possible that might change but since the crystal is a bit more freely available, having it be able to change legend / set affixes might be a bit too powerful.

Nope, just normal and epic affixes right now. It’s possible that might change but since the crystal is a bit more freely available, having it be able to change legend / set affixes might be a bit too powerful.[/quote]
Well noted. Just afraid that those more precious crystals will be waste if there is a bug. Thanks[emoji8]

Now that the patch is live, a bit of feedback.

[ul][li]Flourite is unable to reroll Legend Affixes
This is the only Crystal I’ve tried to use so far, and I wasn’t able to use it :laughing: I understand that Sapphires are unable to change Legend Affixes, but surely they should be able to be rerolled (will Diamonds affect Legend Affixes, or only Normal/Epic?).

[/li]
[li]Crystal upgrade paths are way too long
Q: Say, for example, I had a whole bunch of Calcite, and I wanted to make a single Obsidian. How many Calcite would I need?
A: 2¹⁹ = 524,288. The gold required to do this would run into the trillions (converting all the Calcite to Angelite alone would cost 1.3 billion).

Is Obsidian really meant to be five hundred thousand times as valuable/rare as Calcite?

One possible alternative would be to separate the Crystals into tiers, with separate upgrade paths from one tier to the next. Here, referring to Crystals by number for brevity:
[list][*]#1 x2 → #5 x3 → #9 x4 → #13 x5 → #17[/li]
[li]#2 x2 → #6 x3 → #10 x4 → #14 x5 → #18[/li]
[li]#3 x2 → #7 x3 → #11 x4 → #15 x5 → #19[/li]
[li]#4 x2 → #8 x3 → #12 x4 → #16 x5 → #20[/li][/ul]

Such that 120 Calcites could be converted to a single Garnet, and 120 Angelites to a single Ruby, etc. I think this is a bit more proportionate to their respective value and rarity. If you wanted to keep the ability to convert any Crystal into any other, perhaps an alternative conversion could be done (gold only?) to upgrade a Crystal to the next higher of the same tier.[/*:m][/list:u]

Your calculation seems wrong to me. You don’t need that much money to get an Obsidian.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (SM-N9005) using Tapatalk.

DQ: CentraLity, Mage Level 99
CentraBPM, Warrior Level 99
Main Account: Remya, Rogue Level 99

Converting 524,288 Calcite into 1 Obsidian would cost exactly 5,242,680,000g, just over 5 trillion.

If you convert 2 crystals, you’ll get one crystal which is one rank higher.

Yes, exactly.

Therefore if you wanted to convert Calcite (rank 1) to Obsidian (rank 20), you would need to start with 524,288 (2¹⁹) Calcite. Each conversion costs 5000g times the rank of the crystal to be converted. The total cost for this conversion is just over 5 trillion gold, as shown in my previous post.

How comes it then, that I have one obsidian?
I think the prices didn’t increase since the latest test build. :smiley:

Converting 524,288 Calcite into 1 Obsidian would cost exactly 5,242,680,000g, just over 5 trillion.

[/quote]

Maybe much higher . The convert cost increase more than 5000 starting from #8.

[quote=“CentraBPM”]How comes it then, that I have one obsidian?
I think the prices didn’t increase since the latest test build. :smiley:[/quote]

I imagine you found it, or created it from two Amethysts that you found, rather than creating it from low rank (< 10) Crystals.

[/quote]
I’m sorry, but your calculation about gold cost seems to be wrong! I used to convert one Obsidian and it cost me about 70-80 million.

During the beta stage, the developers did consider about the drop rate. As you can see, after a few hours of playing, you can notice that the drop rate of Diamond (#4) is even higher than Calcite! And the higher rank crystals like Topaz (#13) or even Ruby (#18) also drop from the dungeons (they’re rare, but they do)!

I highly recommend item with “% item drop” affix, this affix will increase the drop rate of crystals/mythstones :smile:

Who said you were forced to convert Calcites to get 1 obsidian?
You can start from CS #5 or #10 which are dropping a lot tho :unamused:

1 Like

Who said you were forced to convert Calcites to get 1 obsidian?
You can start from CS #5 or #10 which are dropping a lot tho :unamused:[/quote]
Where can get more #10?

[quote=“Diieter”]Who said you were forced to convert Calcites to get 1 obsidian?
You can start from CS #5 or #10 which are dropping a lot tho :unamused:[/quote]
Making one from CS #5 would still cost nearly a billion, and would require over 32 thousand crystals. Whether something costs a billion gold, or 5 trillion doesn’t matter - both are infeasible.

The point I was trying to make, I think, is still valid:

With the current upgrade paths, 524,288 Calcite + 5,242,775,000g = 1 Obsidian. Do you believe that these two quantities are equal in value? I think the current upgrade paths, which double the required components each time, are too long, and should be shortened sensibly.

The previous cost was “3 crystals to convert to a higher 1”, now it"'s 2, I think that’s already nice from Steiger to decrease the number by 33%.

Also, who said you would be able to get obsidian in 1 day or even in 1 week?
It’s supposed to be endgame content, and remember, you’re playing an arpg, a “hack n slash”, where farming is 90% of the game, so even if it takes 10 months to get 1 obsidian, I find this pretty legit, knowning that obsidian is giving you the most epic overpowered kind of affix ever (+50% attk spd or +200% crit dmg in a single affix, worth farming? :wink: )

And… no one force you to farm obsidian, it’s just a new content, you can still play with epic affixes and being as powerful as before :wink:

I don’t think decreasing 2 crystal to 1 crystal would be possible (and smart), no offense, and as I said, it’s already decreased from 3 to 2 … Steiger gave a finger, don’t take the arm :smile:

1 Like