Feature Preview - Crystals

You have to take context into consideration when you’re doing math.

The conversion cost for Calcite into Obsidian would be important if only calcite dropped, but that’s simply not the case.

At any given moment ( assuming you’re past floor 99 ) ANY crystal has a chance to drop. Running the loot sim and taking conversion into consideration, we projected out how long it would take to find obsidian, and to us at least, it seemed fair. Side note, it’s roughly the same chance it will take you to naturally find a Crystal version of a Legend item. :smile:

1 Like

The suggestion I made was to shorten the upgrade path, not to descrease the number of components. In fact, I suggested the opposite.

I can provide the context of my objection, if you’d like. I suppose I would be considered a “casual gamer”; I’ve been playing 2-3 times per week, for about 30mins to an hour at a time. Last night, I played random maps on ep8 for over 2 hours - more time than I can typically afford to spend on leisure activities.

In that time I found a total of 57 Crystals, including one Emerald, and one Flourite. The Flourite I tried to use, but it can’t be used on Legend Affixes, it seems. If I wanted to re-element my set, which I tend to do from time to time, I wouldn’t be able to. Assuming luck were on my side, I could get one item re-elemented correctly with the 5 Calcite I found - after what would typically be for me a weeks worth of play time.

Before the patch, I was very close to having all of my gear exactly the way I wanted it. Now I feel like I could play for years and not be anywhere close. Just something of a motivation killer.

Based on feedback, we can address specific Crystal concerns easily.

For example:
[ul][li]For Calcite, since the pool of choices has increased by one, we can implement a choice option after using to let you select between 2-3 randomly selected elements.[/li]
[li]Reroll Stat and Change Affix could be expanded to affect Legend affixes.[/li]
[li]Crystal drop rate could be increased.[/li]
[li]Increase the rarity variance of Crystals dropped[/li][/ul]

It’s good for us to get specific feedback from players who have different perspectives. While testing we gather tester feedback, but they only represent a small portion of the player base, and we’ve definitely benefit from seeing trends on player comments since Crystal release.

All of my crystals and myth stones are in my stash 4… the problem is that my screen is only about 3" and my thumb finger can occupy the ‘convert’ and ‘sell’ button I accidentally clicked on ‘sell’ instead of ‘convert’ and worse part is that the ‘undo’ button can’t be clicked…I lost my 30 Diamond Crystals and 10 Angelite Crystal I was getting use on converting crystals to their next item level…

I wanna share this screen shots of my crystals and myth stones I collected since I updated yesterday…

From

Then

After I lost 30 Diamond Crystal and 10 Angelite Crystal…

As far as customer feedback and support go, you guys are the best of the best. I realise also that it’s quite difficult to find the right balance with these sorts of things; it needs to be difficult enough that, for example, crafting an item just the way you want it lends a real sense of achievement, but not so difficult as to be discouraging, or even seem nigh impossible. Converting Calcite to Obsidian was a very contrived example for the point of demonstration that the system might need a bit of tweaking. I only provided the maths when confronted about the figures :wink:

[quote=“SteigerBox”][ul][li]For Calcite, since the pool of choices has increased by one, we can implement a choice option after using to let you select between 2-3 randomly selected elements.[/li]
[li]Reroll Stat and Change Affix could be expanded to affect Legend affixes.[/li]
[li]Crystal drop rate could be increased.[/li]
[li]Increase the rarity variance of Crystals dropped[/li][/ul][/quote]
[ul][li]It’s probably a good thing that Calcite has a lower drop rate than, for example, Diamonds. But, would Calcite be too good if the player could choose the element directly? I’m thinking specifically for new players. Playing through as a Rogue, I re-elemented my gear every 5 levels, either for more damage or more resistance. It helps quite a bit, and it was really cheap to do - only a few hundred gold per piece for low level gear. A player starting today doesn’t have this option.[/li]
[li]Requiring more than one Crystal for Legend Affixes seems reasonable. Or, if that would require a large change, perhaps just requiring more than one for Legend+ items in general for these Crystals.[/li]
[li]The drop rate seems pretty high already :smile:[/li]
[li]Perhaps widening the peak of the distribution curve a bit, without affecting the values towards the ends.[/li][/ul]

The suggestion I made was to shorten the upgrade path, not to descrease the number of components. In fact, I suggested the opposite.[/quote]

From the gold database, before 1.6 there were a lot of players with unused gold (~100m), so CS-convert is a goldsink system which can use and make money more valuable.

Also, as Steiger said, you’ve to take the context in count, do you know you can found “crystal items” on bosses? (legend items with 1 crystal affix)
If you’re not a hardcore gamer (remember, that’s an hack n slash, you can’t get endgame content if you’re casual, or it’s taking a lot of time, that’s normal afterall),and if farming isn’t your passion, you can still relying on your luck to find one of these items :wink:

Also, later, there will be features which will increase CS/MS and gold drop rate, I think it’s kinda balanced for now.
Also, later, a trade system will be implemented, so you’ll still be able to get crystal items from others players if you’ve some interesting things to trade.

But I can understand that you don’t wanna spend a lot of time to farm, to get 1 single crystal affix, but that’s how hacknslash games work and it’s awesome for hardcore gamers like me who were doing nothing on DQ since weeks, now w’ve a lot of things to do :smile:

Dear Sirs and Madams,

I would like to withdraw the complaint I filed previously. The drop rate and overall availability of the Crystals is much higher than I had originally concluded. I suppose I must have been having a sensational streak of bad luck - tonight was a very different experience. Now that I’ve had a chance to use the system a bit, I agree that Sapphires (definitely) and Flourites (probably) shouldn’t be usable on Legend Affixes.

Keep up the good work :smiley:

1 Like

Is this bug? Set affix can be added by enchant crystal and more than one set affix on one item.[emoji23]

[quote=“MaGi”]Is this bug? Set affix can be added by enchant crystal and more than one set affix on one item.[emoji23]

[/quote]

Indeed

Definitely a bug, how are you managing to make that happen?

I think he’s talking about #2 angelite

Well, that’s upsetting. Found what’s causing it. Will be fixed in next patch.

Also, sapphire can change to same affix which already on the item.

[quote=“MaGi”]Also, sapphire can change to same affix which already on the item.

[/quote]

That’s a shame, our testers are playing this version for age and didn’t find these bugs, ohohohoh burn them :laughing:

(btw you should maybe apply as tester :wink: )

1 Like

How can I make a crystal that can add an empty socket to an item?I mean what kind of crystals I have to convert to make that one…

Main Account: BunnyFuffu , Rogue Level 85

[quote=“Diieter”][quote=“MaGi”]Also, sapphire can change to same affix which already on the item.

[/quote]

That’s a shame, our testers are playing this version for age and didn’t find these bugs, ohohohoh burn them :laughing:

(btw you should maybe apply as tester :wink: )[/quote]

The users that help us test bust their asses and do a MUCH better job than we could ever do alone and we are EXTREMELY grateful for their help!

And we are always looking for more, so shoot an email to qa@shinyboxgames.com

[quote=“Diieter”][quote=“MaGi”]Also, sapphire can change to same affix which already on the item.

[/quote]

(btw you should maybe apply as tester :wink: )[/quote]

The users that help us test bust their asses and do a MUCH better job than we could ever do alone and we are EXTREMELY grateful for their help!

And we are always looking for more, so shoot an email to qa@shinyboxgames.com

That’s odd, because I never occurred that issue in the testing phase.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (SM-N9005) using Tapatalk.

DQ: CentraLity, Mage Level 99
CentraBPM, Warrior Level 99
Main Account: Remya (started a new one; 2 Oct. 2014) Rogue Level X

[quote=“BunnyFuffu”]How can I make a crystal that can add an empty socket to an item?I mean what kind of crystals I have to convert to make that one…

Main Account: BunnyFuffu , Rogue Level 85[/quote]

As you can see, you have to convert 2 Jasper (#15) crystals to get one Zircon (#16) crystal. That’s the one which allows you to add an empty socket.