Feature Preview - Mythstones

Welcome back to our feature preview for Patch 1.6.0! In the first part we discussed the new Crystal system that will be replacing our Enchanting system and massively increasing the customization options for your gear.

Now it’s time to show off of the second major part of 1.6.0, Mythstones!

Mythstone Reference

Mythstones are similar to Crystals in that there are 20 unique types and they are used to make items more powerful. What’s different about Mythstones, is that they are actually socketed into items that have the new “Empty Socket” affix.

Once you find a mythstone, simply select the “Apply” option and then select an item that you’d like to upgrade. Above we show an Epic Gauntlet with two “Empty Sockets” that’s perfect for this Mythstone.

Once you select Apply, a confirmation box will appear, confirming what you’re adding to the item.

Now that is complete, you should see your new affix on the item in purple ( denoting a “Mythic Affix” ). Above you can also see that we added another mythstone “Endow” to further increase the weapon’s DPS by 50%. Notice how there’s now two Damage Percent modifiers on the same item!

Like Crystals, you can convert lesser Mythstones to greater ones with 2 ( recently changed from 3 ) of the lesser mythstone and some gold.

Crystals and Mythstones aren’t all that’s going into this next patch. 1.6.0 will also contain a new section of the Shop that sells random items. This should help players searching for specific Legends of a certain item type increase their chances of finding that Legend.

Also, items will have a few new epic and legend affixes, and we’re planning on releasing some new community designed legends! Above is an example of a Set designed cooperatively with our team and one of our testers, Sonophilos, that will definitely appear in 1.6.0.

If you’re interested in seeing a certain legend make it in the game for 1.6.0 or one of our future patches, please submit an idea to our Legend Design Contest.

We’re nearing the final stages of testing with the 1.6.0 patch, and once released will start on 1.6.1 which will contain a few large progression systems that should satisfy every level of player.

Awesome [emoji7]

Will there be an option to change the item’s passive (or whatever it is)? Blessed, relentless, veil, etc…

[quote=“Treytor”]Awesome [emoji7]

Will there be an option to change the item’s passive (or whatever it is)? Blessed, relentless, veil, etc…[/quote]

Yup! There will be a Crystal made just for that :smile:

[quote=“Treytor”]Awesome [emoji7]

Will there be an option to change the item’s passive (or whatever it is)? Blessed, relentless, veil, etc…[/quote]

#12 : Citrine : Randomize an item’s talent

The treasure chest can drop Mythstone?

Yep!

Since I saw this preview this game started getting boring, this current random enchanting system just sucks :confused:

The new system gives the feeling that you can farm your equipment, and the current one is just about spending hours to create one good item.

Only thing to do right now is farming some more gold for 1.6

Hope it doesn’t take that much time anymore.

Keep going DQ team, awesome work!

In near future, when you want to craft and have a maxed gear, it will take a long time to max out all stats on your gear, but if you are one of the lazy ones and don’t want to max affixes and stuff, it surely won’t take ‘that’ long.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (SM-N9005) using Tapatalk.

DQ: CentraLity, Mage Level 99
CentraBPM, Warrior Level 99
Main Account: Remya, Rogue Level 99

If I’m right we need crystal number 8 for rerolling 1 single affix. Let’s say we need like 10 tries for every affix to max out. Sound like it’s possible to achieve this in a few days.

But hey I don’t know anything about the drop rate, so I will see as soon as it’s released.

Whats the drop chance gonna be on crystals (like how frequently am I gonna see one drop and how much smaller is the chance to drop a higher tier crystal (1 tier higher))

Basically you can split CS and MS by 5 tiers (1-4 / 5-8 …), but crystal 1 doesn’t have the same lootrate than the 2nd
On our current beta patch, players are looting a lot of 1-4 but a few “higher”, that’s why Steiger increased a lot the lootrate, you can also create an “item drop stuff” (with 6x40% of item drop) which would increase a lot your CS/MS farm

But basically without any of this, w’re looting 5-6 CS per floor and around 4 MS per floor, which is kinda correct!
You can also find MS and CS in chests
You can also find MS and CS in gambler vendor (which is filling his stock each floor cleared)

So don’t worry you’ll be able to find MS and CS kinda often =)

wow this look like a diablo version of rune words

Hmm, I think that might have been an inspiration. :smile:

There’s more being added to this system, but will be waiting for patch 1.6.1

I was wondering, what is that “quality +8%” on the last screenshot? Is there going to be durability on items?

• High quality : better rolls on your affixes / Low quality : poor rolls
    -10 (min) to +25 (max)
  • Use the #9 Crystal : Emerald : +1 per crystal

So first, if you seek to max a equipment piece, better max the quality of a item first, then start to reroll and so on

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (SM-N9005) using Tapatalk.

DQ: CentraLity, Mage Level 99
CentraBPM, Warrior Level 99
Main Account: Remya, Rogue Level 99

Nice! But… How do you know what mythstones to put to upgrade an item to “mythic”?

Well, this is a weird signature, hope you don’t read this

[quote=“Bleeding knight”]Nice! But… How do you know what mythstones to put to upgrade an item to “mythic”?

Well, this is a weird signature, hope you don’t read this[/quote]

Good question! There will be a list of mythic items which will be specifics and it’ll be your job to try some combinaisons and discovering the mythics items =)
Then you can share them to your friend and try to complet your list !

If someone wants to switch a MS off from a equipment, the old MS is destroyed? By just applying a new MS over it?

Nope you’ve to use the crystal #17 : Garnet : Salvage : Removes selected socketable from item, then apply your new MS :unamused: