New players ask your question and you will get replies šŸ˜Ž

1. Whats up with maps? I crafted myself an epic map with ā€œ1023%ā€ experience so similar to a legendary map drop, but when I entered it look at the bottom it still gives the same exp points on blue kills etcā€¦ as when I did a blue map ??? What the dren?!

Should give more exp right? I mean itā€™s similar to difficulty with increaseā€¦ Plus itā€™s stating so in the map descriptionā€¦ while some white maps have their value almost 0%.

So now in wondering how item drop and luck are are increased?? (stating was 1022% and similar for epic map )

capped perhaps?

I tested a bit more, another one was giving slightly more, but itā€™s not a 10x as opposed to without map (1000% to 0% or the difficulty%) I did tests in easy.

@Petapan if your going to whirlwind into a pack of monsters then you definitely need to look at block and dodge. Try to get both near to 60 % You live longer and whirlwind does more damage. Look at it this way. Say a monster has a 100 % chance of hitting you then 60% dodge means 40% chance of hitting you. With 60% block it means that you can block 60% of the punches that should hit you. So you reduce that 40% chance of being hit by 60%.

2 Likes

So 60% of 40% is 24% . So 40 - 24=16. The monster now has a 16% chance of hitting you. Now if you have an epiphany set item then it raises the limit on block and dodge ( so you can block and dodge more ) so basically the monster could end up with 1 attack chance in every 10 of hitting you. Hope that helps a little

2 Likes

Just a questionā€¦

Does the mythics skill can cast even my hireling wizard just walking with skullshield only??
Exmple : Cosmicorb on MH.
Itā€™s a confusion for me as a newbieā€¦
Im planning to create mythics weapon both OH and MH for my wizardā€¦

TIA.

Is dodge supported by warrior item wise? I saw only 1 or 2 gear with dodge, and all the talents support block.

However from playstyle I would think Dodge fits more to whirlwind since you donā€™t stand still and kind of avoid direct fighting

I currently have about 24%Dodge and 14 % block :X

1 Like

What is reduced damage taken by Skull Shield? How much will it climb to? I calculated with Skill level 20 itā€™s 30% each head=90%???
What if you add Defiant?
I tried to ti find myself but canā€™t notice a reduced Damage taken stat in the char window . And anyways it would be a skill reduction so not shown in that stat window.

Also I looked through the codex no formula for reduced Damage (outside of Armor/Resist)

1 Like

@freaky45 your hireling would need the mythic (eg cosmiorb ) too.

1 Like

@Petapan . You ask hard questions. Okay how do you maximise block and dodge ? Thereā€™s many ways so let me start. The easiest way is to change all natures on gear to evasion to increase dodge. Then you can add dodge to a pet. After this it gets more complicated. A good block and dodge warrior weapon is leidlers lance which has epic block and dodge. If you have the crystalline set affix then either block of dodge may become Crystal ( i.e double the value) but you have to convert loads of dust into leidlers lances to get a Crystal affix which wouldnā€™t help you because you use whirlwind. Another way is check every legend item for every character class in codex for block and dodge then jasper it to warrior class. Finally thereā€™s the Crystal obsidian which may add Crystal block or dodge to specific items provided they donā€™t have epic block or dodge ( which would need to be removed before gambling) You can only roll Crystal block on a shield with obsidian.

1 Like

Understood thanks @dickwad

1 Like

I mean the mythic skill will automatically cast even its using only skullshield on OH? and the mythic skill in on MH.

No. Active attack animation from character itself is needed.

2 Likes

Thanks @NUIQUE, understood now, to be able to cast the skill its need to use the weapon itself.

3 Likes

Yes @freaky45 mythic procs occur while attacking with your weapon skills. Itā€™s a chance. If you donā€™t use the skills it wonā€™t happen.

2 Likes

Dodge & Block are 2 different mechanics that do the same thing, avoiding an attack that would normally hit you. Warriors have Talents that focus on using Block, but they can use Dodge. Warriors using OH Shield get an extra +10% Block. Rogues have Talents & Skills that focus on Dodge, but can still use Block. Wizards just have to do their best when using Dodge & Block.

Damage Reduction from different sources are multiplied, not added together. MP Absorb is figured first, then any other Damage Reduction is multiplied and then figured, then Armor & All Resist is figured last. to the best of my knowledge. for some reason, not all DR is shown of the Stat Page.

Skullshield: the Skill I think adds a flat Damage Reduction separate from the DR from the 3 Floating Skulls. this DR doesnā€™t apply to Skulldraga. so Skullshield 40 would give a total of 70% DR, 30% from the heads, and 40% from the skill. you lose 10% from each skull when you take 20% 1 skull/40% 2 skulls/60% 3 skulls, dmg in one hit.

2 Likes

Tvm.
I thought they would also behave a little different (for instance a block animation etc)

Not sure I understood your latest sentence very well

New topic, crafting legendary affixes:

1. How to reroll legendary affixes (when you added them from crafting?)

(I have currently just 2 of those crystalls)

2 . Good helmet Mythic for Whirler ? I looked through them, and flight seems to be very suited (despite I canā€™t craft it yet). However the bonus is quite small imo, only 1.25 factor to mp regenration)
I mainly get my mana from mana per hit and have only those 250 manareg from 10 points in Int.

So any other useful one, they all look kind of mehā€¦ Reason is I found the mythical helmet set which has 4 free sockets.

And here question 1 was asked because, I canā€™t use the Mythical leg. affix because Iā€™m not using Mythic skills. So I also want to reroll that affix.

You can reroll any Crystal , legend or epic affix with a diamond. But before you do maximize item level and quality with peridot and emerald s. Make sure your character is level 99. And reroll on a legend map.

1 Like

Hmm I triedā€¦ the legendary affix was not selectable.?

Sapphire & Larimar only randomly change Normal to Normal & Epic to Epic Affixes on Equipment. so if you want a different Legend Affix, then you have to take off the Legend Mythic Affix and use Ruby to add a different one.

@dickwad is referring to Diamond & Fluorite, which change affix values. Fluorite changes the values randomly of the chosen Normal or Epic affix. Diamond randomly changes the values of all Normal, Epic, Legend, & Crystal affixes that are on an item at the same time.

I have also wondered if the extra Damage Reduction from Skullshield Skill is added to each Skull or in addition to the Skulls. with Skullshield 20, you lose 30% DR for each Skull lost with the first example, and only 10% for each Skull lost with the second example.

1 Like