Which one is good in pvp?

5000 weapon dmg or 5000 element dmg or 100 percent element dmg

2 Likes

Both one is good for PVP @olkyora
tumblr_pr3x4zVTzq1ql3o7so5_250

6 Likes

Elemental Damage I guess, many build i saw here ( this forum ) replace any percentage thing like 100% damage to elemen damage. I dont know why, maybe some expert can explain this for us :blush::point_down:

1 Like

Flat dmg is insane in arena, and 100% become 36%.

1 Like

For most builds, flat ED is better than flat WD because ED applies to all attacks.

However, flat WD is a a better choice for builds which primarily rely on one weapon to do all the damage-i.e., barrage, pistoleer.

The reason behind these differences is how damage (multiplication) works.

For illustration let’s isolate the two factors from the damage multiplication graph(of Midlumer):

1. 2 Slots Distributed to both flat ED and flat WD

(x + 5,000) (x + 5,000)

Vs.

1. Two slots alloted to flat ED alone

(x) (x + 10,000)

No matter what positive number you substitute with “x” the first formula(using one flat ED and one flat WD) will always yield you a higher number than the second formula( using two flat EDs)

Edit: ED% is inferior by far compared to these two.

I hope these help.

6 Likes

WD+ just applies to the Weapon it is on and can only be placed on a Weapon. ED+ applies to any Weapon of the same Element, and you can put it on any Weapon or Item, and a Pet, for a total of +7280 ED in PVP. if you have room for WD+, then +8232 ED & WD for the Weapon doing most of the DMG.

5000 WD + 5000 ED = 10,000 DMG.
5000 ED + 5000 ED = 10,000 DMG.

because ED% increases DMG less in PVP than PVE, WD+ becomes less desirable, unless you have room for the extra affix.

I looked at the math one time, and it takes 2 ED% with WD% & WD+ to do about the same DMG of one ED+ in PVP, and this was with Gauntlet, the Wizard Weapon that does the most DMG.

5 Likes

thank you dude

in the first part of the second post, the Weapons are shown with Level 100 & +25% Item Quality. this shows the BWD DMG Range before you add anything else for DPS and beyond.

in the second part of the second post, he shows what Level 20 Weapons with +25% Item Quality look like.

if you look at how affixes are reduced in the first post, and see how the reduced % affixes would affect the level 20 items DMG values, you start to understand why WD+ & ED+ are better than using WD% & ED%.

+24% ED only gives ~+510 WD+ for each ED% compared to +1040 for each ED+.

well, just did some more math, and my previous statement might be off by a little bit. I think if you only use one or two ED% vs. using one or two ED+, % might be better, but if you use more, the ED+ is better than ED%.

I wanted to look at the difference between a Gauntlet & Wand using one +200% WD (+48% in PVP?) & one +5000 WD (+1040 in PVP) with five +100% ED (+24% in PVP) and see how the DMG compares to using seven +5000 ED (+1040 in PVP) and one +5000 WD (+1040 in PVP). wasn’t sure how to do Power, sorry.

Gauntlet with Legend +200% WD, +5000 WD, and +500% ED gives around 3555 DMG in PVP. you can’t have Legend WD & ED on the same Weapon. +100% WD with +600% ED is less DMG.

Gauntlet with +5000 WD & +35,000 ED gives around 8704 DMG in PVP. a little over double using WD% & ED%.

with Wand, the DMG is 2823 vs. 8482, a few points over triple the difference!.

Putting Points into the Power Stat could close the gap, but it looks like WD+ & ED+ are better than using WD% & ED%. unless your Build has room for these for more DMG.

2 Likes

thanks