Newb guide 101

I figured it could be helpful to give a reference to new players that answers a few of the basics in one feed, things I would have liked to have known when i started, in laymen terms. So here goes…

1. No, one character type isn’t really better than the others. Choose the type that interests you most, there’s plenty of ways to customize each type to play like the others (magic/melee/ranged).
  2. At first put all stat points in health when you level. Stat point placement isn’t set in stone, you can re-allocate them at will any time for a bit of gold, so more health when you’re new will benefit you most.
  3. You will benefit most from reading the wiki and searching the forum for answers and tips. There’s tons of detail to this game and it takes time to grasp it all.
  4. Grind your way to floor 101 to start finding better gear, as the bulk of the better items start dropping after floor 100, some drops only happen much later and very rarely.
  5. Mythstones (MS) and crystals (CS) are very powerful items that aid you a ton. Converting them up to the highest ones are time consuming and cost gold, but will be one of your goals. You’re going to need lots and lots of them, and there are ways to get more faster, by adding Item drop to sockets in your gear. Do this.
  6. Try not to spend too much time in your inventory until you are full or finish a floor. It will aid your farming for better items greatly, and you will find you advance in the game much faster.
  7. There is no end to this game. It literally goes on forever. When you get to floor 200, search the forums for more on this.
  8. Luck improves the chances of better drops. It doesn’t get you more or better crystals and mythstones, item drop affix gained mainly from a specific mythstone being put in a socket on an item does get you more. It doesn’t improve the quality of which CS/MS drop and neither does luck stat. The best way to get better cs/ms is an achievement that gives you a rare cs/ms from using or converting them. You can buy a random rarer cs/ms from the merchant for 5.43 mil gold, and yes its worth it.
  9. The game devs are constantly improving this awesome game to be even better. They fix issues. Thank them for this if you feel so inclined, by buying character slots or other in app purchases at your discretion. But know this: The best items/pets cannot be bought, only earned by playing and crafting your gear. Money will not make a player the best there is. Most IAP are to improve the esthetics of the game.

Now stop reading and go play already :wink:

7 Likes

Like this guy :dieter:

1 Like

Me too, tired of people creating tons of thread just to ask something like “hey, how should I play this game” :dieter:

@Stryder:Well this pretty sums up all the basics. Good job.

Speaking of IAP, this is one of the games that I respect for not being pay-to-win. I plan this to be my first Android game to buy some IAP, eventually.

Now, if only I can get useful stuff from 5.43m crystals… I’ll be happier than I can ever be :laughing:

Thanks guys! The first day I played this game I knew I loved it, wanted more character slots in the first hour, which was my first purchases. Wouldn’t mind a few more for item storage tbh :wink:

Sticky?

Nope, definitely not worth it :dieter:
j/k :laughing:

High praise guys! And ty zzvilzz for the signature link :mrgreen:

Nope, definitely not worth it :dieter:
j/k :laughing:[/quote]

What new user reads stickies? That’s why we have the same topics over and over again. Nice topic btw.

Just some comments:

1. Perhaps you should mention class strengths and weakpoints:
    Rogue - Mid-range, powerful, decent health
    Warrior - Close-range, weak, tank
    Wizard - Long-range, powerful, high mana, low hp

2. Imo, all 3 stats are equally important.

[quote=“Ircher”]Rogue - Mid-range, powerful, decent health
Wizard - Long-range, powerful, high mana, low hp[/quote]

Ummmm… this is not accurate…

Anyone can mix and match those traits with any class… Dungeon quest is SO diverse just like that :laughing:

1 Like

[quote=“Ircher”]

What new user reads stickies? That’s why we have the same topics over and over again. Nice topic btw.

Just some comments:

1. Perhaps you should mention class strengths and weakpoints:
    Rogue - Mid-range, powerful, decent health
    Wizard - Long-range, powerful, high mana, low hp

2. Imo, all 3 stats are equally important.[/quote]

Thing is… I didn’t want to over complicate it.
With sets like Spellsword and/or use of jasper crystal, as well as proc affixes you can balance any strength/weakness for any class. Yes there are a few limitations, but they become moot really.
The point of the thread is to streamline early progression for new players, maybe get the focus on getting their characters to where the other threads with build advice, drop info and skill/affix combos become relevant.
It’s not that there aren’t benefits to investing in other stats, it’s that imho up to player level 50 the 147 stat points are best serving the player as health. Once you can equip any item in the game, and can balance stat shortfalls with affixes optimally a player is no longer Newb and can benefit from other guides and builds already present in the forums :wink:

1 Like

[quote=“Stryder”]wanted more character slots in the first hour, which was my first purchases. Wouldn’t mind a few more for item storage tbh :wink:

Sticky?[/quote]

Speaking of Item Storages… there’ll be new IAPs soon :wink:

Is it possible to get max crystal enchantment? Example 15%movespeed,100%frostbiting…etc. I keep trying but i can’t seem to get maximum. I saw some guides with max enchantments. Thanks

Check out Rubiks Crystallography

Check out Rubiks Crystallography[/quote]
Nice find! Excellent info in there. :wink:

Great post Stryder :smile:

Verry good post
well done
please excuse my asking yesterda

Off to play

Took a year off from the game, came back to lots of changes! Found myself needing my own advice lol.

1 Like

That is soooooo funny

I’m a very new player, just at level 40 now. Thanks so much for your guide…I need all the tips I can get.

The 1st point though, “Put almost all stats into health”. So far I have put about 2/3 into power, 1/3 mana, 0 health. I’ve had no problem finishing levels on myth 3 difficulty. Can someone explain why I should switch?

Nope, there isn’t one.
When many players start they’re kind of squishy, and HP helps a bunch until players start figuring out affixes. Once someone has a decent grasp of things, and has found some decent drops, respec at will :wink:

1 Like