New players ask your question and you will get replies šŸ˜Ž

before Patch 3.0, it was Critical Hits that applied Arcane Debuff. with Patch 3.0, it is Weaken that applies Arcane Debuff. if you go with one Crystal +90% Weaken, then you have a 90% chance to apply the debuff. Weaken 100% or higher should be automatic debuff.

@NUIQUE , I know how you feel. reading old posts can be kind of hard if you arenā€™t sure of the information still being relevant with later Patches.

I have been reading older posts of Builds, and see that many of them use +5000 WD & +5000 ED. +100% WD used to be +50%, and only a few items had +100% Legend ED.

I was just looking at this post, and now I can see that, for all OH and half of the MH Weapons, +5000 WD would be better if you have limited space on your Build. using +100% WD gives less DMG than +5000 WD. a Legend +200% WD would be better than the +5000 WD. of course, if you have the space, using +5000 WD and either of +100% or +200% WD together is even more DMG.

if you look further down at the Level 20 items, you will understand why Flat WD & ED is better than using %. they give you +1040 each, where using the reduced by Arena WD & ED % give a lot less. even a +400% WD from an Eternal Item gives less DMG than Flat WD in the Arena.

anyways, this is how some old posts are no longer accurate, and some are still useful.

@dickwad Arcane Element is an Elemental based Element. Empyrean Mythic gives +50% DMG when you Elemental Crit, so Arcane Elements Elemental Crit, Orbit, would do +50% more DMG, just like the other Elements.

the downside of using Elemental Crit to get the Arcane Debuff, is that after 5-6 Elemental Crits of the same Element, if the monster is still alive, it becomes immune to the Elemental Crits of that Element. which means that no more Arcane Debuff.

with Critical Hit, you normally had up to a 60% chance for applying Arcane Debuff, more if you used Epiphany Set, and Coat Skill increases your chance to Critical Hit for the duration of the Spell. plus some Skills give extra chance for Crit Hit also.

when 3.0 came out and you needed Weaken to apply Arcane Debuff, your chance to apply the Debuff got lots better, and you could even go over 100% to apply the Debuff with every hit.

2 Likes

Haha @Golem. That explains the purple summons that annoy me. So what does arcane critical do ?

I was using that link as an example and it was like a light bulb turned on in my head. although I diverged greatly from the question, I showed that there is a lot to learn from the older posts, but you should check later Patch Updates when you can to see if there are any changes.

the dates of the posts are shown off to the right of the post, so you can get an idea of how current and accurate the post is.

and of course, asking questions when you canā€™t find answers is good. I find I have to really work hard at finding information sometimes, but sometimes I am rewarded with some interesting info. just did a search on Procā€™s and came across some old Posts, so I have some tests to do for a build idea I have.

1 Like

I have always been wondering about arcane . Is it good or crap ?

@Golem you truly deserve to be top of DQ. Pal

1 Like

Arcane Element has similarities to Ignore Resists, even though they are different.

all Maps have one of four Elements: Shock, Ice, Fire, and Poison. all monsters on these maps have 50% resistance to the Element of the Map. with Arcane Element, you donā€™t have to worry about this resistance.

on the other hand, because of the Ice - Fire & Shock - Poison being weak/strong against each other, Arcane doesnā€™t get the +25% DMG against a weak Element.

monsters can have Greatly Resist Arcane - you do 75% less DMG, and I think monsters can also be Immune to Arcane Element.

Ignore Resist makes Fire, Ice, Poison, & Shock act like Arcane Element, so no Element Resist, also no Greatly Resist and Immune to Elements. you also donā€™t get the +25% DMG against weak Elements. this is why Ignore Resist doesnā€™t work with Weaken or Effective.

if you want Arcane Element to do +25% DMG to a weak Element, you need to use Effective Mythic, which makes all enemy resists weak to all of your Elemental attacks.

Orbit, the Elemental Crit for Arcane, is also hard to love. it does +100% DMG as a magic sphere that spirals away from your character. kind of like Scalp Skill. it is also affected by Living Force Set. Celestial is the Elemental Crit DMG for Orbit, giving +100% DMG to Orbit. because of this, Orbit only hits targets close to the Character, so it is only effective if you get mobbed by monsters or you get close to them, like with Blast or Blinkstrike. it does a lot of DMG, but is short range.

1 Like

I was doing a Search for Spell Procā€™s, and found some interesting Posts. they were old, but I wonder if they are still good for today?

the Posts were asking if you could get Procā€™s to 200%! answer was yes! there are a few posts where it is also stated that there is no Cap for Procā€™s. of course, you would have to Craft a Build around a 200% Proc. normally, with 6 Items, you could only get up to 150% Proc. with Eternal Items, you could get up to 250% (couldnā€™t find any Legend Necklace Items with Twister).

with Patch 3.0, Procā€™s are also affected by the Cool Down of the Skill they are based on. so if I have a Twister 40 with +60% Cool Down, my Twister would have a Cool Down of 1.2 seconds, and so would my Twister Proc. but Procā€™s are also Proc per Second, so if you could get a Procā€™s CD less than a second, still only 1 Proc a second. of course, Twister Proc 100% means I would cast 2 Twisters every 1.2 seconds, and 5 Twisters every 2.4 seconds, on average.

back when I had a Twister Proc 25% and later 50%, with Prismatic, I could tell when I Proc the extra Twister when I cast Twister because a Twister would be shaded with the colors of 2 Elements, pretty cool graphics! this is because they both have the same CD. I donā€™t know how this would work with Discordance, but that is a future test.

not many Procā€™s would work well with so high a chance to Proc, but for some, it would be quite a powerful build.

1 Like

Double like-hearts for you!

Thanks for the very detailed answer. Your knowledge is ripe for publication now.

I agree with @Mr_Scooty that you and @dickwad should be on the top now. However, I will be more gentle by saying that if you do not want the top spots, then maybe 1800mmr to make it to div1.

There were five residents on div1 yesterday. Maybe six within the next 12 hours. It is getting alive once again.
I wish you can join the fun.

2 Likes

to be honest, I prefer the Campaign side of DQ. my goal for PVP is to have my Characters be Arena Chest Farmers, but my PVP Builds are a little lacking. I have gotten to Eternal Division 5, but am stuck in Mythic League at the moment, as I am still considering a PVP Build in my head.

2 Likes

Reading your comment makes me want to come back to floor hiking.

It is quite more relieving to farm or pve than pvp.

2 Likes

hey guys, Iā€™m looking at changing some of my gears and i was wondering which gear to go with:
*one with ice damage +100% (ruby) or
*one with frostbiting 100% (ruby) or
*one with weapon dmg + 200% (ruby)

fyi i have a frozen build and mobs freeze within couple shots from my pistols. also, can u apply frostbiting via ruby?

How to activate buffs from gifts? (Message log)

Hello I received a message to have received a free buffā€¦ I clicked accept. (The message is NIW gone)

I went ingame. How do I know the buff is active, I canā€™t find any notifier?
How do I activate such buff? If not already done by accepting

Hi All,

I am new here, can you post or give me an advise for warrior using lance build.
I have now eternalized lance and plagued totem.

And another question is, what is better for legends items, salvage or convert??

1 Like

I have a scattershot build with the same weapon you just need 2 crystal gold finds.

Eternalized, momentum, epiphany, adventurer, buccaneer, pathfinder.

Elements, inferno/permafrost/plagued on pet or cosmic power for more mp

1 Like

I guess you are referring to ā€œBoostsā€

Once you have accepted the Buff Gift, it will take effect immediately the moment you are in campaign mode and controlling your characters.

They are only effective for a limited period of time and will pause if you pause game or go to the shop or exit game.

In order to know if it is accepted, load the campaign mode and while it is loading it will show up as green or red time counter beside the boost. I do not have a screenshot but maybe @dickwad has

2 Likes

The consensus is to:

Salvage red legends for dusts

Convert blue and green legends for ultra-rare crystals

1 Like

Thanks, for blue and green it cost 500k gold.

Thanks I found that

I recently obtained this game.

I am currently fine with playing one class, so buying another char slot for the reason of another option is not important to me, howeverā€¦

The game recommends me to get a hireling (which needs another char slot). Is it just advertisement or how important is it?

1 - What is are the benefits of this function?
Do I really need/want it?

2 - What are the disadvantages if using a hireling? For instanceā€¦ Will he steal experience?

So generally what should I know of this function? To make a good decision for myself

3 - (ps) do I need to level up the hireling to my level first?

The game is mostly free to play and thatā€™s very amazing.

However, I suggest you purchase as much character slots as you comfortably can. It will improve your gameplay experience a lot.

For pve/farming the potential will be much higher with two characters working together(two times).

You canā€™t play 2v2 in Battle Arena if you only have one character.

Yes, but not necessarily a disadvantage. I think EXP will be averaged between the two active characters, but you may choose to play the character you want to lvl up first without a hireling if you choose so it eats all the exp alone. I maybe wrong here.

No need. You can play your hireling as a main character just like your first character without equalizing their levels( if I addressed your question correctly).

2 Likes

Iā€™d say the cheapest option is two more character slots. Of different classes. Then play the characters together at level one. Switch them over in gameplay and get an idea of how they play. Itā€™s a re learning process .

1 Like