I figured it could be helpful to give a reference to new players that answers a few of the basics in one feed, things I would have liked to have known when i started, in laymen terms. So here goes…
- No, one character type isn’t really better than the others. Choose the type that interests you most, there’s plenty of ways to customize each type to play like the others (magic/melee/ranged).
- At first put all stat points in health when you level. Stat point placement isn’t set in stone, you can re-allocate them at will any time for a bit of gold, so more health when you’re new will benefit you most.
- You will benefit most from reading the wiki and searching the forum for answers and tips. There’s tons of detail to this game and it takes time to grasp it all.
- Grind your way to floor 101 to start finding better gear, as the bulk of the better items start dropping after floor 100, some drops only happen much later and very rarely.
- Mythstones (MS) and crystals (CS) are very powerful items that aid you a ton. Converting them up to the highest ones are time consuming and cost gold, but will be one of your goals. You’re going to need lots and lots of them, and there are ways to get more faster, by adding Item drop to sockets in your gear. Do this.
- Try not to spend too much time in your inventory until you are full or finish a floor. It will aid your farming for better items greatly, and you will find you advance in the game much faster.
- There is no end to this game. It literally goes on forever. When you get to floor 200, search the forums for more on this.
- Luck improves the chances of better drops. It doesn’t get you more or better crystals and mythstones, item drop affix gained mainly from a specific mythstone being put in a socket on an item does get you more. It doesn’t improve the quality of which CS/MS drop and neither does luck stat. The best way to get better cs/ms is an achievement that gives you a rare cs/ms from using or converting them. You can buy a random rarer cs/ms from the merchant for 5.43 mil gold, and yes its worth it.
- The game devs are constantly improving this awesome game to be even better. They fix issues. Thank them for this if you feel so inclined, by buying character slots or other in app purchases at your discretion. But know this: The best items/pets cannot be bought, only earned by playing and crafting your gear. Money will not make a player the best there is. Most IAP are to improve the esthetics of the game.
Now stop reading and go play already