Golems Critical Hit Basics

All Characters start with +10% Chance to do a Critical Hit for +50% DMG. This shows on your screen as Purple Numbers. on average, 1 out of 10 hits will be a Crit.

Crit Chance: the Cap for Crit Chance is +60%. so you can improve your Crit Chance to be 6 out of 10 hits to be a Crit, on average.

Crit DMG: the Cap for Crit DMG is +350%. the +50% you start with is not counted towards the Cap, but is added to the total. so your max Crit DMG would be +400%.

Deadly Strike: gives you a chance to double your Critical Hit DMG when you get a Critical Hit. if you don’t have Deadly Strike on your Equipment, you can’t double your Crit DMG.

Deadly Strike has a +60% Cap. in 25 hits, with Crit Chance and Deadly Strike of +60% each, 10 would be Normal Hits, 6 would be Critical Hits, and 9 would be Deadly Strikes, on average.

if your Crit Chance and Deadly Strike is low, you wont see Deadly Strike very often. with Crit Chance & Deadly Strike of +10% each, out of 100 hits, 9 would be Critical Hits and 1 would be a Deadly Strike, on average.

Brutal Mythic: this Mythic goes on the Chest Item and makes Deadly Strike do Triple Critical DMG!

Imaginary Weapon: 100 DMG.

+50% Crit DMG = 150 DMG.
+400% Crit DMG = 500 DMG.
+400% Crit DMG & Deadly Strike = 1,000 DMG.
+400% Crit DMG & Deadly Strike & Brutal Mythic = 1,500 DMG.

thanks to @Midlumer post that helped a lot.

4 Likes

Nice to see you posting lots of guides pal. Bravo and about bloody time :wink:

2 Likes

I have been looking at how to best improve the DMG I am doing in my Builds.

Critical Chance, Critical DMG, Deadly Strike, & Brutal are probably the easiest way for any player to boost the DMG & DPS of their Build.

then I started looking at the BWD & DPS formulas and worked hard at trying to understand them. not to mention the best combination of WD% & ED% for any kind of Build. and why some DMG affixes are better than others.

eventually I am going to take a look at how to improve DMG & DPS after you have gotten the best DMG you can with just the Weapons.

I think what makes my Posts a little different than some others is that I tried to stay away from explaining too much and just showing what the numbers actually look like and what they actually do.

2 Likes

Ahhh now I get it. Your mind loves numbers and how they interact and effect each other. My mind is just random and highly disorganised :joy: We are alternate mirror images of each other and that’s why we get along. We learn from each other because each of us brings a twist to the discussions and with it comes insight.

3 Likes

I love this

2 Likes

it isn’t so much that I love numbers, but more the fact that if I understand the formulas, I can make a better Build. played a lot of DQ & read a lot of DQ Forum Posts to get a better understanding of the game.

after the formulas, it’s understanding how the different combinations of Skills, Talents, Sets, & Affixes can improve DMG & DPS even more. this is the part I am thinking about now, because it is the part of the Builds I Craft that I have the most difficulty with. the limit of 36 spaces, 42 with a Pet, is what drives me the most crazy when it comes to Crafting a Build.

2 Likes

I love making builds that are visually exciting to play and unusual experiences for the opponent. That’s why a set of summoning hybrids suddenly sprang to mind . Create characters with a multi class skill set to baffle and hopefully amuse

1 Like

haha, so true. I have Crafted a few Builds that did good, but I wasn’t having any fun using them. of course I have Crafted Builds that I had fun with, but some of them were frustrating because they weren’t good enough. finding that balance isn’t as easy as it looks, at least that’s the way it is for me. but I am sure learning a lot along the way.

1 Like

Your maths helped me to put my ideas into viable builds. I had critical damage with no critical chance on my builds. I had elemental critical with no chance, bleed damage with no bleed chance. Silly school boy errors on my part but you pointed them out to me.

1 Like

I know! I have had a few times I made a Build, used it for awhile, and then happened to look at the affixes and then wonder ‘I guess if I don’t have that affix on my Gears, this affix wont work until I put the other one on!’. same thing with Sets & Mythics.

or 2 Nadroji Items to make Nadroji Bonus work, not Nadroji (2) or better!

1 Like