Rubik's Crystallography

This thread will detail and describe the way that I save/manipulate/use Crystals in order to craft gear. This is, IMO, the best/most efficient method.

First, all of the crystals.

These are all the crystals in ascending order. Before anyone yells HAXOR!, these are NOT my crystals.

The feat for converting and salvaging crystals is a great way to get higher level crystals. This is the method I use.

X signifies a crystal that I DO NOT TOUCH. They will be the most important in creating your dream set, and will often require hundreds or more.

<— is a crystal that gets salvaged down until it becomes an X crystal.

—> is a crystal that gets converted up until it becomes an X crystal.

There are exceptions. Some X crystals will become no longer needed at some point. When they do, they can then be salvaged or converted to the closest crystal which you still need. I always keep a minimum of 1 crystal, just so they stay in a nice, neat order.

Now onto actually crafting pieces.

Step 1. Crystal Affix

Look for regular epic items that have a decent Item Quality, 5%+. Those items make great base items. I always begin with an empty, disenchanted completely with Quartz, item. The first affix to get, is going to be your crystal affix from Obsidians. If the affix you want isn’t on your list, pick a random one and then disenchant it back off with Quartz. This is why I start with empty items, they will most likely become empty anyway trying to get your crystal affix. You CAN begin with a legendary item, however I would only do that if it already has the crystal affix you want on it.

NEW Step 2. Mythic Affix

Now is when you are going to want to apply the Mythic affix to ensure you still have the room. Add your 4 sockets and the mythstones, and then you can continue to add the other affixes. Once a Mythic affix has been added, you’re stuck with it. It CANNOT BE REMOVED. Choose wisely and carefully. :smile:

Step 3. Set and Legendary Affixes +Sockets

These can be applied in either order, as an undesired affix can be removed simply with remove affix, Kyanite. DO NOT disenchant with Quartz after your crystal affix is set, remove affix with Kyanite ONLY! Sockets can be added at any point, there’s really no significance to when you add these. Once you have your set and all your legendary affixes that you want you can then…

Step 4. Epic Affixes

Now add the rest of the epic affixes that you need with Topaz. You should now have a full item with all 6 affixes.

Step 5. Change Epic Affixes

All of your epic affixes can be changed to the ones you want with change affix, Sapphire. If all six of your affixes are the affix that you want, it’s time for…

Step 6. Rerolling Crystal and Legendary Affixes

Before beginning this part, your item should be maxed level from Peridot, and max IQ from Emerald. That is going to save you lots of crystals and time. You can reroll all affixes with a Diamond. What you are looking for here is only to max your crystal and legendary affixes, if another of your epic affixes ends up perfect rolled in the process, then you’re a step ahead of the final part.

Step 7. Rerolling Epic Affixes

The only part left now should be to reroll each epic affix you have with Fluorite.

Sometimes you may need to change the special, talent, and nature. These can be changed at anytime, first or last. Once this is done, you should be left with a perfect piece of your dreams. Only 5 more pieces to go. :wink:

I usually will craft every piece at once, step by step. Then, once you are done with the crystals for each step, they can be salvaged or converted to a more useful one.

Hopefully this helps. Happy building! :smiley:

I would like to thank the thinkers that think they thunk the thoughts they theorized.

23 Likes

Reserved

I would like to thank the thinkers that think they thunk the thoughts they theorized.

1 Like

Awesome work Rubik, same as me, except Jasper. I like to keep a small stack of these, and always convert up :wink:

Thanks JesteR!

I do keep a few of those actually, along with Amber, Beryl, and Citrine, maybe 5 each or so. But I don’t use them that much, so more often than not all of those are turned into the really useful ones.

I would just like to ask what will happen after modifying the Epic Item??

Will it become Legend or Crystal or Eternal Legend?? :question:

I did’nt try to add any SET Affix yet (coz i dont have Amethyst yet) :wink:
but what if the SET Affix you want is’nt on the list ? How can you change the SET Affix?

[quote=“anygma”]I would just like to ask what will happen after modifying the Epic Item??
It will become Legend/Crystal or Eternal Legend?? :question:[/quote]
Normal item will never turn into legend/eternal.
But it’ll turn into a crystal one if it has a CS affix on it.

[quote=“zzvilzz”][quote=“anygma”]I would just like to ask what will happen after modifying the Epic Item??
But it’ll turn into a crystal one if it has a CS affix on it.[/quote]

Ok sir got it,just like what i guess (coz i saw Rubik’s set on 1 oh his post)…LOL!

• Follow Up Question… I did’nt try to add any SET Affix (coz i dont have Amethyst yet) :wink:
    but what if the SET Affix you want is’nt on the list ? How can you change the SET Affix?

• How many [color=#FF0000]Legend Affix[/color] you can put on Item??

Make a Video Rubik! Thank You.

[quote=“anygma”][quote=“zzvilzz”][quote=“anygma”]I would just like to ask what will happen after modifying the Epic Item??
But it’ll turn into a crystal one if it has a CS affix on it.[/quote]

Ok sir got it,just like what i guess (coz i saw Rubik’s set on 1 oh his post)…LOL!

• Follow Up Question… I did’nt try to add any SET Affix (coz i dont have Amethyst yet) :wink:

• How many [color=#FF0000]Legend Affix[/color] you can put on Item??[/quote]

I covered that in Step 2, you’ll have to remove it and try again.

You can have all 6 legendary affixes if you want. :smile:

I just might do that in the near future. :smile:

@ Rubik : LOL! thought SET affix can’t disenchant by Kyanite. Was a bit confused there. Thanks sir!

actually you can do it with a kyanite )) the same way as you do with any other affix…

Disenchant is not Kyanite, and disenchant and remove affix ARE NOT THE SAME THING. I cannot stress that enough, be careful and make sure you are doing it correctly.

No, not the same as any other affix. Crystal affixes do not follow the same rules as the others. There are differences, as I outlined in the first two steps. Be sure you understand them before enchanting, I don’t want anyone to waste their crystals they worked hard for.

1 Like

Thank You.

can one be extremely insane and have 5 to 6 crystal affixes ? :mrgreen:

One crystal affix per gear. So you can have a max of 6 crystal affix on you total gear.

OP updated before I forget. :wink:

Video for this please! :smiley:

Does it mean that we need to Stock lots of Obsidians in order to satisfy the stat you want?

Yes. If you are making all 6 pieces from scratch, it usually takes about 20 total. That can be lessened by using items you find already in crystal version. It also depends on which affixes you’re looking for.

set affix (nadroji)
attack speed % ( crystal affix)
(mythic)
shock dmg % ( legend affix )
boomerang ( epic affix)
+5 talents (mythstone)

im going to do is to make my armor 25% Quality
and reroll using diamond and wait until the 50% attk spd. and 100% shock dmg capped together at the same time ?

I ignore boomerang, 1.8.1 rerolling epic is easy